Please Help Me On Labor Law - Mine Is Unlimited Contract

Topic locked
Please help me on Labor Law - Mine is Unlimited contract Dec 29, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

As Salam Alai Kum,

Please advice: I joined the office as a receptionist on 19/07/2012, but after that I got pregnant, and now Iam pregnant for 5.5months, so i want to leave the job, but my employer is forcing me to pay the Visa cost and they are claiming that its more than 4500AED. only if I pay this cost they will give my Passport back and release me, so because of this they have hold my salary.

I checked with Labor Office and the Labor Personnel have advice me that MY VISA STATUS is UNLIMITED, so i dont have to pay any visa cost if Iam serving 30days notice period. with their advice Iam serving my notice period, and I have given my Resignation Letter Through FAX on 17/12/2012.

But my HR manager is insisting me to pay the VISA Cost more than 4500AED, could you please advice me on this through email with all the details, so that i can show them as a proof to get my salary and live the company.

As iam Pregnant, by January 2013, I will be 7 months pregnant, and it would be difficult for me to fly back to India if this settlement gets delayed..

Also could you please lket me know, how long will it take for me to get this settlement and my salary in full, if i go to Labor court and book a case, as Iam pregnant i want this to get settled soon.

also please advice if i can get any legal advisor who can send me an email describiong my rights under UNLIMITED CONTRACT

Please Please Please HELP....

Thanks and Regards,

Tabassum
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Please help me on Labor Law - Mine is Unlimited contract Dec 30, 2012
hi, hope u r fine... Well mam, As i am dealing in dubai tourist visa, i dnt have much info about employment visa.. but advise u that Unlimited contract dsnt require any such formalities... Employee visa cost is around 6000 to 7000 AED, but it also includes a bank guarantee of 3000 AED which is refunded after the cancellation of employee visa to the employer... furthermore, You can search on some maternity rules & regulations applied in UAE... Filing a case & sue against company would be a bit lengthy process.... U should try it to settle through mutual understandings...
decentguy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Please Help Me On Labor Law - Mine Is Unlimited Contract Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Sir,
Tabassum
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Legal Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Legal Services in Dubai