Receptionist / Front End Executive

Topic locked
Receptionist / Front End Executive Feb 14, 2005
We are an established property developer setting up office in Dubai and we are about to launch one of the biggest residential towers in the world. We are looking for a receptionist/front end executive to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate would be female, under 27, be fluent in English and have solid MS office skills as well as be able to handle general office administration when needed. As the first person who our visiting clients see she would need to be professionally dressed, well groomed and be able to politely deal with many different nationalities and types of people. Knowledge of a regional language and / or shorthand would be an added advantage but is not essential. A sense of humour is a must!

If you feel this might be you, please forward your CV + picture in confidence to n_w_lowe@hotmail.com

Norm_uk
Dubai Forum Guest

just out of interest... Mar 15, 2005
You state in your post that you are looking for a candidates who are "female" and "under 27". May I ask why? What prevents a man from doing this job? Furthermore, why is the job not suitable for an older candidate who is, for example, 30 years old?
A further point i wish to raise - i assume from your username that your company is currently based in the UK. Do you feel that you would be able to advertise a job in this manner there? Surely, legislation such as the Equal Opportunities Act and the Sex Discriminations Act prevents you from doing so. Although age is not an area currently covered by UK legislation (i believe it will be soon) employers promoting equal opportunities have policies in place to prevent this from occuring during recruitment and selection. It appears to me that your company is not from the same school of thought.
I look forward to receiving a reply with your thoughts and comments to my questions and this matter.
Regards
Undergrad.
undergraduate
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 21, 2005
get a freaking life, wake up and smell the bacon nerd...
Dick

Jul 22, 2005
Way to go undergraduate!!!!!!!!!
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 22, 2005
banana wrote:get a f$#king life, wake up and smell the bacon nerd...

Why the hell would you say that? Not attacking you at all just curious...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 22, 2005
Because I agree with him somewhat. There is too much discrimination in this world. Age, sex, nationality, should not be allowed to be advertised in a posting. Do you see it in Canada? I don't think so............

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 22, 2005
kelly1966 wrote:Because I agree with him somewhat. There is too much discrimination in this world. Age, fun, nationality, should not be allowed to be advertised in a posting. Do you see it in Canada? I don't think so............

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I was actually asking banana the question.

I agree with you a little on this issue :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: just out of interest... Jul 22, 2005
undergraduate wrote:You state in your post that you are looking for a candidates who are "female" and "under 27". May I ask why? What prevents a man from doing this job? Furthermore, why is the job not suitable for an older candidate who is, for example, 30 years old?
A further point i wish to raise - i assume from your username that your company is currently based in the UK. Do you feel that you would be able to advertise a job in this manner there? Surely, legislation such as the Equal Opportunities Act and the fun Discriminations Act prevents you from doing so. Although age is not an area currently covered by UK legislation (i believe it will be soon) employers promoting equal opportunities have policies in place to prevent this from occuring during recruitment and selection. It appears to me that your company is not from the same school of thought.
I look forward to receiving a reply with your thoughts and comments to my questions and this matter.
Regards
Undergrad.

I strongly agree with undergrad,if u see the classified section of leading newspapers in UAE there are many job postings based on race, s*x, age etc. It is for this main reason UAE is classified as THird world country.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 22, 2005
Its horrible...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 23, 2005
It is actually illegal for a company to state in an advertisement that they are specifically looking for someone of certain gender, nationality etc. Although we see it everyday in the press here.

And when you consider that people's working lives are getting longer and longer, we can do without this discrimination.

Norm, your ad is appalling! In this day and age to post something like this is totally unacceptable and you cannot turn people down for an interview based on their gender or nationality. You certainly wouldn't get away with this in the UK and you damn well know it, so what on earth makes you think you can get away with it in the UAE?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai