Public Relation,content Writing,Mgazine Journalisam

Topic locked
Public relation,content writing,Mgazine journalisam Dec 08, 2008
hi,
i am sunil from India...i have completed my post graduation in mass communication and journalism.i have the capacity for web content writing,creative writing,copy writing,public relations and event management.i have good command over English and have excellent communication skill.......pls help me to find a job..send your reply...sunilklind@yahoo.co.in

sunilklind
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 12, 2008
I suggest that you do a grammar and spelling check on your post and then edit it.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 12, 2008
dbl
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 12, 2008
I mean this constructively. I hope you are not annoyed. I have fixed up your message a little bit. I don't mean to criticise you because I only speak English so I don't know what it is like learning another language. All the best.
Hi,
I am Sunil from India. I have completed my post graduate in mass communication and journalism. I am skilled in producing web content, creative writing, copy writing, public relations and event management. I have a good command of English and have excellent communication skills. If you know of a position suited to my skills I would appreciate your help in finding a job.

Please send enquiries to reply...sunilklind@yahoo.co.in

It is considered bad practice to use "..." in professional writing and people look badly on not using capitals at the start of a sentence. Also, abbreviations like "plz" are not professional. Always use the full word in matters relating to employment.

Also, if you have finished your post-graduate then it might be wise to say what your undergraduate was. For example, "I have a graduate diploma in engineering with a post graduate in telecommunications."
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 13, 2008
Hi,
Really I appreciate your suggestions,but I am not annoyed by it. English is not a monolithic language ;its pervasive all over the world with different variants..so its futile to talk about an elitist "correct" usage of any language..In our part of world we are using"your language" in our own style..Please try to understand other "discourses" also.
........But i am accepting your comments about usage of capital letters,abbreviations , thank you very much.
sunilklind
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 14, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:I suggest that you do a grammar and spelling check on your post and then edit it.

.............suggestion neglected
sunilklind
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 14, 2008
I agree that English has many variants around the world, but remember you are not applying for a job in India.

Also, many of the 'mistakes' in your writing are not the result of regional variations in English, they are just the result of you failing to properly check your writing before submitting it. The fact that you are seeking out a job in 'content writing and Mgazine journalisam' while not bothering to proof read your post is laughable. Unless you are saying that it is a regional English issue and that people in India regularly spell Magazine and Journalism like that. ha! Not likely.

The fact of the matter is that your writing is sloppy. Make more of an effort next time. Read it over and spell check it. You wouldn't get published anywhere writing like that.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 14, 2008
I do agree my mistakes in spelling while posting but I am talking about structure and usage, not about "spelling"..Many of the undergraduate level course at western universities are graduate level course at Indian universities . so what you mean by post-graduation may not be same as we do.Please peruse the difference in use of "preposition" "structures" etc.
sunilklind
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 14, 2008
hello people! is anybody speak russian here?? give advise..appreciate.
nevada
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 14, 2008
No worries, I get you. Didn't realise you were talking about the Graduate-PostGrad part.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 14, 2008
sunilklind, maybe you weren't very serious about looking for a job on here, so just wrote a quick message to see if you would get some bites? I'm sure you are very smart, and likely have a great command of the English language.

If you are looking for a job requiring daily use of formal written language, you should set a good example of your skills from the start. High school students in many countries are learning that instant messaging/text messaging "discourse" is not acceptable in any context beyond those specific ones. This forum doesn't charge money per letter, and I'm sure you could have spared a bit of time to compose a message that would make a great first impression on a potential employer, or someone who could put you in contact with a potential employer.

It is very strange to hear that complete sentence and word construction can be viewed as "elitist". I can only imagine whole textbooks and novels written completely free form with no adherence to any grammatical or spelling rules. It would certainly make for some interesting reading.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 14, 2008
kanelli wrote:sunilklind, maybe you weren't very serious about looking for a job on here, so just wrote a quick message to see if you would get some bites? I'm sure you are very smart, and likely have a great command of the English language.

If you are looking for a job requiring daily use of formal written language, you should set a good example of your skills from the start. High school students in many countries are learning that instant messaging/text messaging "discourse" is not acceptable in any context beyond those specific ones. This forum doesn't charge money per letter, and I'm sure you could have spared a bit of time to compose a message that would make a great first impression on a potential employer, or someone who could put you in contact with a potential employer.

It is very strange to hear that complete sentence and word construction can be viewed as "elitist". I can only imagine whole textbooks and novels written completely free form with no adherence to any grammatical or spelling rules. It would certainly make for some interesting reading.

you sure?

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai