Does Dubai Design/ Develop Aircrafts?

Topic locked
Does Dubai design/ develop aircrafts? Mar 24, 2009
I was curious to know if Dubai makes its own Aircrafts.... OR does is usually buy all from BOEING and AIRBUS etc...

unniswaran
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 15, 2009
Dubai doesnt produce it consumes
jobs123
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Does Dubai design/ develop aircrafts? Apr 21, 2009
unniswaran wrote:I was curious to know if Dubai makes its own Aircrafts.... OR does is usually buy all from BOEING and AIRBUS etc...

I think some university students in Dubai have made an aircraft or two.

Dubai doesn't buy aircraft, Emirates airlines and Fly Dubai do. And like most airlines around the world, buy aircraft predominantly from Boeing or Airbus. What's your point?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Does Dubai design/ develop aircrafts? Apr 26, 2009
bonk wrote:
unniswaran wrote:I was curious to know if Dubai makes its own Aircrafts.... OR does is usually buy all from BOEING and AIRBUS etc...

I think some university students in Dubai have made an aircraft or two.

Dubai doesn't buy aircraft, Emirates airlines and Fly Dubai do. And like most airlines around the world, buy aircraft predominantly from Boeing or Airbus. What's your point?

Actually I was wondering if Boeing and Airbus have any design/ development centers in UAE.... or does it design/ develop & assemble the aircraft outside UAE.. like Europe or something and just ship the whole aircraft to Dubai...
unniswaran
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Does Dubai design/ develop aircrafts? Apr 27, 2009

unniswaran wrote:Actually I was wondering if Boeing and Airbus have any design/ development centers in UAE.... or does it design/ develop & assemble the aircraft outside UAE.. like Europe or something and just ship the whole aircraft to Dubai...

Ah. Then you should have asked that in the first place. Boeing is US based, Airbus is France/Europe based. I believe most aircraft are able to fly to their customers once they have been completed, which saves a bit on shipping costs.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 30, 2009
A small country like UAE is not going to produce its own passenger aircraft. As people have said, only USA, Europe, China and Russia would even contemplate making commercial aircraft.

For military aircraft, I do know that modifications to some of UAE's aircraft are done here, in cooperation with the original producers (for the Rafale -> Dassault). But this is small scale.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai