Visa Types

Where can I get Duabi Visit Visa at low cost ? Sep 06, 2007
Hello friends,
My visit visa is going to expire recently.

I would like to take one visit visa to Dubai.

Many of the agents here are charging 1200-1500 AED for a visa, eventhough the actual cost for taking visit visa is very less( 100-200 AED).

Where can I get Visit Visa at cheap rate?

Please help me.

Muneer
Edited MOD

muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

entering the country Nov 01, 2007
Im from the USA, and my boyfriend is getting a 3 month intern there. His company is providing a visa for him, but i'm kind of on my own when it comes to the visa. I was reading that I have to get a sponsor, i dont exactly know what that means. I dont know anyone in UAE.
We are only going to be there for 3 months- 90 days, what is the best option for me?
em_socal
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: entering the country Nov 02, 2007
em_socal wrote:Im from the USA, and my boyfriend is getting a 3 month intern there. His company is providing a visa for him, but i'm kind of on my own when it comes to the visa. I was reading that I have to get a sponsor, i dont exactly know what that means. I dont know anyone in UAE.
We are only going to be there for 3 months- 90 days, what is the best option for me?

If you are US Passport holder you may enter the UAE for a period of 60 days without visa, this can further be extended for another 30 days by paying AED 500.00 ($135.7)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 02, 2007
thank you so much. where do i go to renew the visa?
em_socal
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 02, 2007
em_socal wrote:thank you so much. where do i go to renew the visa?

You can go to the Dept. of Immigration or alternatively you could take short flight to Doha and back which will automatically give you a further 2 months.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: entering the country Nov 03, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
em_socal wrote:Im from the USA, and my boyfriend is getting a 3 month intern there. His company is providing a visa for him, but i'm kind of on my own when it comes to the visa. I was reading that I have to get a sponsor, i dont exactly know what that means. I dont know anyone in UAE.

If you are US Passport holder you may enter the UAE for a period of 60 days without visa, this can further be extended for another 30 days by paying AED 500.00 ($135.7)

I believe this is incorrect. You get 30 days with USA passport.
I Sioux
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: entering the country Nov 03, 2007
I Sioux wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I believe this is incorrect. You get 30 days with USA passport.

I have actually received conflicting information regarding this, so the best thing would be to contact:

Department of Naturalization and Residency, Trade Centre Road, near Bur Dubai Police Station

Tel: 04 3980000
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 29, 2007
MaaaD wrote:
Intifadingue wrote:Hello i'm algerian and i want to go in dubai in august what is the consullary formality ? sorry for my english :oops:

You can simply get it through Emirates airlines if you fly them here, or through the hotel you will be staying at. You need a person/organization to sponsor you.

are there any other airlines offering assistance on visit visa?

further...are there instances one shall be denied of a visa through Emirates' assistance? what disclosures must one supply to be safe? does it also mean that if i intend to look for a job that i should reserve a 60 days ticket? and that if i buy a shorter stay ticket, will that be a problem with the immigration or visa application?

please advise. thanks.
MyAd25
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 14, 2008
New types of visit visas to be announced | 10 days ago - Khaleej Times

ABU DHABI - The Federal Naturalisation and Residency Department (FNRD) at the Ministry of Interior (MoI) will announce on June 8 the new types of visit visas that would come into force soon.

source: http://news.wadionline.com : WadiOnline News - Emirates (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) Newspapers Headlines
----

New visit visa regime will prevent abuse | 10 days ago - Khaleej Times

ABU DHABI - The new visit visa structure, to be implemented from August 1, aims at fighting violations as well as tighten controls on visa issuance for individuals and corporate bodies in addition to protecting all those who enter the country as either tourists or workers, said a reliable source at the Ministry of Interior (MoI).

source: http://news.wadionline.com : WadiOnline News - Emirates (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) Newspapers Headlines
marina21
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 18, 2008
My employer in Media City has applied a work visa on September 14th,
And We are still waiting for the entry permit!
What do you think? Isn't it so late? It it usual?
Would you guys please give me some information about the work visa (entry permit) issuing progress time?
And
-Is there anybody who had applied around that time and has get his visa recently?
Please please help.
ebad
Dubai Forum User

Mar 29, 2009
how long do you think it takes to issue a business visa. The business owner, the sponsor, is inviting someone as a business partner from abroad ?

rch
BB
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2009
I have a dual citzenship. Russian and Canadian. Which one would be better to bring?
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 08, 2009
Ruskie wrote:I have a dual citzenship. Russian and Canadian. Which one would be better to bring?

Canadian I think as soon as you are going to take some loan from the bank. A few my acquaintances from CIS had some problems in receiving loans in many banks due to their nationality. It's unpublished but it's true.

At the other hand ppl. of some nationalities can simply exchange their national licenses for the local ones w/o passing exams (I don't know full list of those nationalities). Anyway Russians have to pass the exams, as I did - it was not easy for some reason including poor English of policemen in Sharjah.

I don't know about Canadian - Kanelli, she is from Canada as well, had an exam I don't know why.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 08, 2009
Are you talking about driver's license? I never had a license in Canada - saved all my money for uni and then uni ate it all - no car for me. Was a public transport person for years until moving to Dubai where you absolutely need your own car.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 08, 2009
kanelli wrote:Are you talking about driver's license? I never had a license in Canada - saved all my money for uni and then uni ate it all - no car for me. Was a public transport person for years until moving to Dubai where you absolutely need your own car.

Do you know about exchanging Canadian driving license to Emirati one w/o exam? I think it could help the guy who happens to be your and my compatriot at the same time... :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 09, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Do you know about exchanging Canadian driving license to Emirati one w/o exam? I think it could help the guy who happens to be your and my compatriot at the same time... :D

Dubai licence exchange for Canadians yes but you need a letter from consulate.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 04, 2009
A hotel where I'll be staying helps me with getting a visa and now I just got their reply which says that I am under-aged (!!!!! I'm 18 years old) and they can't do the transit visa (14 days) unless someone 21+ will travel with me.

Is there any chance that a 18-year-old (which is concidered as a grown-up in my country) could go to UAE alone? I've struggled with this majnoon visa system for 4 days.. :x
GEM
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 05, 2009
Try a different hotel. Try and get a visit visa, or conference visit visa.
bonk

Jun 05, 2009
GEM wrote:A hotel where I'll be staying helps me with getting a visa and now I just got their reply which says that I am under-aged (!!!!! I'm 18 years old) and they can't do the transit visa (14 days) unless someone 21+ will travel with me.

Is there any chance that a 18-year-old (which is concidered as a grown-up in my country) could go to UAE alone? I've struggled with this majnoon visa system for 4 days.. :x

A minimum age requirement for different countries was imposed several years ago. Obviously the minimum age requirement for people coming from the Netherlands (which is where I believe you said you come from) is 21.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:A minimum age requirement for different countries was imposed several years ago. Obviously the minimum age requirement for people coming from the Netherlands (which is where I believe you said you come from) is 21.

No, I'm not from Netherlands.

Thanks anyway, I already cancelled everything and now going to another arab country. I'm still very angry coz of that ridiculous age limit, but what can I do. I suppose I'll visit UAE in some other time.
GEM
Dubai Forum Visitor

Any commends on 6 months visa for property owners Jun 27, 2009
Any commends on 6 months visa for property owners
Merlindxb
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2009
Yes, some here :)...

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-residence ... ty-uae.php

What do you want to know?
bonk

Jun 28, 2009
Yes, some here :)...

bonk

Jun 30, 2009
bonk wrote:Yes, some here :)...

thanks bonk
Merlindxb
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Visit Visa Aug 02, 2009
Hi Guys,

"does anyone know if it is possible to enter Dubai with second visit visa right after existing one month and it extension is over.
do we have to stay out for a month or is that not the case any more and we can go out and re-enter with valid status?"

Thank you
shon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2009
Hi Guys,
"does anyone know if it is possible to enter Dubai with second visit visa right after existing one month and it extension is over.
do we have to stay out for a month or is that not the case any more and we can go out and re-enter with valid status?"
Thank you
shon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 03, 2009
Thanks
shon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 26, 2009
thanks!
ewap8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 30, 2009
Hi I'm Italian and I would come to Dubai for about 6 months to attend a language course. it's a long period for a tourist visa, so what kind of visa I should get?
nils09
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 30, 2009
Ask the language institute about a student visa. But if you're Italian you get visit visa on arrival (not tourist visa) and can renew visit visa every 30 days by travelling to Hatta and back.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visit-visa-renewal.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-arrival-d ... lities.php
bonk

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa