Visa

Topic locked
Visa May 05, 2010
Hi guys!

My friend got a job in Dubai and she wants to bring her daughter with her, She is 4 years old.
How should she apply for a visa for her?

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Visa May 05, 2010
Ask her company PRO as she could do it herself at Immigration department, but its a paperchase and very time consuming.

The PRO should be able to arrange it all very quickly for her.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

It seems like her company won't do it, so do u know what are the steps and requirements?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:It seems like her company won't do it, so do u know what are the steps and requirements?

Go to Immigration and collect the forms (not sure how many there are) these need to be completed and then taken to one of the many typing bureau shops around the area and translated into Arabic as well as typed onto the form. Should be between AED 50 and 100.

Lots of passport photos, original passports too, visa copy, NOC from her employer/sponsor. I think it costs around AED 250 for the process. Then its into the scrum inside, find the right desk, sit and wait, have a conversation with someone who seems never to have seen any of the forms ever before in their life despite the fact they handle hundreds every day, be sent away to get some other piece of paper that they never told you you needed to have in the beginning, come back, sit in the queue again, sent to another desk, sit and wait, another pointless interview, then possibly sent back to the desk you first went to...and so on and so on.

Eventually it ends up in the hands of someone in a clean sharp uniform with lots of red ropes hanging around his shoulder who will stamp and sign and do lots of stapling and its done.

Allow at least 2 days.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Thank u so much DK for the info! :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

She'll need birth certificate and marriage certificate too I think. Possibly also written permission from biological father if he's not around.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Visa May 06, 2010
bonk wrote:She'll need birth certificate and marriage certificate too I think. Possibly also written permission from biological father if he's not around.

Biological father?

I always wondered about that. Is it like washing powder? Bio or non-bio? front loading child or top loading?

So many choices!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Wow that's a lot to take in, I arrive mid September to work for my father in law but have been told to expect to wait upto 3 months before I can bring out my wife and daughter. I hope it's that quick for me it's a long time without my family and might make it harder to adjust! I knew they were fussy about paperwork and all the rest but I didn't realise it was that bad.
M412tyn
Dubai Forums Member

M412tyn wrote:Wow that's a lot to take in, I arrive mid September to work for my father in law but have been told to expect to wait upto 3 months before I can bring out my wife and daughter. I hope it's that quick for me it's a long time without my family and might make it harder to adjust! I knew they were fussy about paperwork and all the rest but I didn't realise it was that bad.

It will depend on how quick your own labour permit and residence visa get processed. In theory it could be a matter of a week or two once all the correct paperwork has been accepted, and if your employer doesn't delay things too much. Then you can at least get your family here on a visit visa, and/or start processing of your sponsorship. Or if they're from visa on entry countries, they can come anytime and do visa runs easily.

Or find someone already in the UAE to sponsor them for a 3 month visit visa.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-husband-wife-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-arrival-d ... lities.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visit-visa-renewal.php

-- Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 am --

Dubai Knight wrote:front loading child or top loading?

Front or top loading mother I think is a more appropriate question. After insertion of biological father powder, and a bit of agitating action, out comes a sparkling clean baby :mrgreen: ...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Thanks might have to do some research and see what it brings, oh and haha I like the way this post trailed off.
M412tyn
Dubai Forums Member

M412tyn wrote:Thanks might have to do some research and see what it brings, oh and haha I like the way this post trailed off.

A lot of this information is available in older posts. Use the search function to find all you need to know.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Visa May 08, 2010
Ok thanks knight will do
M412tyn
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa