Problem With Working Visa.what To Do?:(

Topic locked
Problem with working visa.what to do?:( Mar 10, 2011
Good Morning everyone!I'm just new here and I would like to ask some assistance regarding my situation.
I came here in Dubai last January 18 thru Visit Visa sponsored by my mom. Less than 2 weeks, I was able to find a job in a known courier company as a Telesales Agent. After a week I did signed a 2 year contract and passed all the necessary requirements needed. They told me that they are gonna process my papers asap so as not to conflict on the expiration of my Visit Visa which is until Feb.17. The day came and still no sign of any update regarding my working visa. I was forced to extend my visa for 40 days and wait still for it. I kept calling the company to check the status of my working visa but the HR officer told me that there is a problem on MOL and there was a pending payment on my 2 years labour card. He reassured that the working visa has already been approved by MOL and the PRO only need to finish the pending payment. To be honest I'm already frustrated with my siutation because I need to start working for me to help my mother in her expenses. To my dismay, still no update on my working visa. Because of that, I tried to check MOL's website and called their call center to see if they are really telling the truth.

MOL's website showed this info:
Pending Payments: Work Permit include 2 Years Labour Card
Work Permit Status : WorkPermitApproved
Card Expiry Date : 4/16/2011

I'm really confused on my situation because I am not aware of the rules set by MOL as well as it's connection with my company. Two weeks from now my visa will expire and I will be forced to exit UAE (most likely in Kish, Iran or my home country) til my working visa comes out.

Can I file a complaint against the company? Are they required to pay me while waiting for my visa (because some companies pay their employees while waiting for a working visa)?
Is this a hopeless case or do I need to patiently still wait for my visa to come out?
I don't wanna apply to another company bec. I only have 18 days left and it might be hard to find a stable job from a reputable company.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

bibikamil
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Problem With Working Visa.what To Do?:( May 15, 2011
Everything takes time in Dubai, albeit not as long as this. From the info you provided it looks like the company did apply for your residency visa and it was under process, pending payment. Seems to me like you just don't have any patience though... and if you were to lodge a complaint against your prospective employer even before you have started your employment with them I don't believe that will be a good reflection on you as a future employee (if I was the employer I would terminate the contract with you).

The employer also doesn't need to pay you anything before you have commenced your period of employment. You could try asking them to cover the cost of going out and back to wait for your residency, but other than that you just need to be patient.

Given we're in May now, if you hadn't got this sorted out yet then I hope you have moved on to another option, cause it shouldn't take this long to secure a visa for you.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa