Is It Possible For A Student To Get A Work Permit?

Topic locked
Is it possible for a student to get a work permit? May 12, 2010
Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me address this issue. A cousin of mine here in Dubai has a student Visa sponsored by his father. He is currently at the age of 21 and studies at one of the universities here. Now the issue is that on his Visa it mentions that he is a student and not allowed to work. However, some people have mentioned that obtaining a NOC letter from the sponsor/father would allow the company to get him a work permit if he wishes to work.

However, i cant answer that since In my case, i am sponsored by my company and at the same time i go to university during the evening so there isnt any conflicts there but he has the opposite situation.

Any help on this matter is appreciated.

Regards,
Cliff

PoolShark
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Is it possible for a student to get a work permit? May 12, 2010
PoolShark wrote:Is it possible for a student to get a work permit?

Yes, but only if she is on husband sponsorship, or s/he is on residence visa sponsored by employer.

If on student visa then no. Although there was some news a year or two ago about a proposal for students and/or young people being allowed to work part-time. I don't remember what the outcome was, or if there even was one.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-residence-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-husband-wife-dubai.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Is it possible for a student to get a work permit? May 13, 2010
bonk wrote:
PoolShark wrote:Is it possible for a student to get a work permit?

Yes, but only if she is on husband sponsorship, or s/he is on residence visa sponsored by employer.

If on student visa then no. Although there was some news a year or two ago about a proposal for students and/or young people being allowed to work part-time. I don't remember what the outcome was, or if there even was one.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-residence-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-husband-wife-dubai.php

There is a conflict though. For instance, there are those students who have a student visa sponsored by the university/institute and those who have a student visa sponsored by their parents. Is there any difference?

Since you mentioned that a wife with her husbands sponsorship is still eligible to work full time so why cant the same apply to their children?
PoolShark
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Is it possible for a student to get a work permit? May 13, 2010
PoolShark wrote:There is a conflict though. For instance, there are those students who have a student visa sponsored by the university/institute and those who have a student visa sponsored by their parents. Is there any difference?

University sponsors students on a student visa.
Parents sponsor children on a family visa.

Difference might be 1 year vs 3 years, and maybe cost. Other than that I don't know.

PoolShark wrote:Since you mentioned that a wife with her husbands sponsorship is still eligible to work full time so why cant the same apply to their children?

You'd have to ask the authorities, they're the ones that make the rules :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Is it possible for a student to get a work permit? May 14, 2010
bonk wrote:
PoolShark wrote:There is a conflict though. For instance, there are those students who have a student visa sponsored by the university/institute and those who have a student visa sponsored by their parents. Is there any difference?

University sponsors students on a student visa.
Parents sponsor children on a family visa.

Difference might be 1 year vs 3 years, and maybe cost. Other than that I don't know.

PoolShark wrote:Since you mentioned that a wife with her husbands sponsorship is still eligible to work full time so why cant the same apply to their children?

You'd have to ask the authorities, they're the ones that make the rules :).

haha..either way thanks alot for the info mate. Ill try to get the some more info through the authorize. :)
PoolShark
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa