Partner Visa Cancellation

Topic locked
Partner Visa Cancellation Jun 30, 2012
Hi guys,

Please if you could help me find an answer.. Does anyone know where can i file a complaint regarding cancellation of partner visa.. I have a partner visa for 5 months now, i came from a labor visa and because i have a ban, this company gave me a partner visa so I wouldn't get a ban and could transfer to them. Now 5 months have passed and the business did not really work out so the owner (which is an Indian and currently in his home country)decides to transfer his business to India and africa, but the company's trade name will also remain here, now that i need to cancel to get a new job, the owner holds me back by asking me to pay him 8,500 AED. But it doesnt matter to me that im paying that amount he asks me(but that amount is very huge for a typical expat like me), the only thing that matters is that he would not run away and would leave me uncancelled. I was asking him for the past month about this, but he hesitated to get back here unless I pay him through his FRIEND who's also here. I also do not want to pay him through bank, because i dont have an account here in Dubai, so i will pay him in cash upfront. My condition is that he should go here personally to get the money and that i could be assured that i could be cancelled. Hope you could help me asap. Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

Honey C.

honeycastillo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Partner Visa Cancellation Jul 01, 2012
Contact the ministry of labour and ask them about it. They should be able to help you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Partner Visa Cancellation Jul 11, 2012
Hi. Honey,

Your visa is a partner visa, it is not from the Labor Department. In your case you should go to the Dubai Immigraiton office and complain about your partner visa. You do one thing take an appointment letter from a company to the Immigration department show them that you got the good job and your comapny is not working. B

But before I suggest you to check who is your local sponsor, as all companies should have one local sponsor. If you know that man (local sponsor) then you go to him directly, explain him the situation. I am sure he can help you, becuase he has all the powers like your other partner.

Good luck
dsg
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Partner Visa Cancellation Jul 16, 2013
Sign an agreement to pay after he cancels.

Give the money to a person who both parties can trust to be fair.

You can go outside for 6 months.

You can ask the immi dept what the procedure to cancel would be in your case.

Get a pobox then get a bank account from rak bank and then write a post dated cheque.

Place the money in the account after the work is done. This is dangerous but get a contract signed with the work to be done and the cheque number which you wrote to clarify.

If others can make these suggestions better. You are most welcome.

Regards,

Khawar Nehal
khawar
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa