Absconding Filled By Employer

Topic locked
Absconding filled by employer Jan 06, 2014
I'm an employer. I have an employee who run away after working only for 1 month. He have his own passport and his work permit after exit. We paid him less salary because he lied on his resume. Then after getting his 1 month salary he didnt report back. So after 7 days of non-appearance, no hi and hello we filled absconding case. After 4 months we got a call from his new employer requesting to settle his case. But we said no!!!

Now he filled a labour & court case to us and he again lied that he didnt receive any salary from us! Such a lier! Our mistake that time is we didnt have any paper signed by him that he received his salary from us so we lost our case in dubai court and we asked by the court to pay him for salary plus ticket!!! What a judgement and it's very injustice....

Now the next question, will he be able to used that case to remove his absconding? Its been 8 months now sincew we filled the absconding to him. I know that there are only certain reason you can lift your absconding but not this case. Am I right?

I have no choice but to pay the judgement but i'm hoping that government should give protection to employer also for those kind of employee. And i'm thinking now that the money that will be paid for the judgement will only be paid by that guy to Immigration once he go exit....

I have spent almost 500 dhs for filling absconding, 300 for legal translation, 200 for arabic typing plus his quota approval and work permit... It's a simple logic, if he really didnt get any salary from me, why he didnt go to labour immediately and file a complaint. It's very malicous as he filed a complain after 4 months when he cam to know he got absconding case. Then why i will spent money for his absconding if i really didnt give him a salary. His salary is just 1,800 dhs per month but i gave him 1,400 because his a Bogus employee and he lied on his resume. Then he used this bec of no salary proof. I have 9 employees at the moment and all of them are getting their salary since they started and all of them are on WPS.

Big lesson learn for us. It's not always employee is being victimized here, we us an employer are also misused by those kind of people who doesnt have rights to stay longer in UAE.

techmanila
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa