Gymnastics Classes For Adults?

Topic locked
Gymnastics classes for adults? May 07, 2012
Hi,

I am a relatively fit 21yearold male who has been working out for close to a year especially with body weights. In other words, pull ups, chin ups, dips, straightbar dips, ring dips, push ups, pseudo planche push ups, diamond push ups .. body rows, front lever and back lever progressions, L-sit, parallel bar swinging squats, assisted pistol squats, tuck jumps, ...... THE LIST GOES ON!!!!

Anyways, sooner or later I became interested in gymnastics strength training and the sport in general and I want to join a gym here but all I find on google is stuff for children and teens up to 15.

Now I heard of some adults classes but they get cancelled due to low attendance or whatever.

Anyways is anyone here interested? In case none of you are motivated have you searched on youtube: Hannibal for king? he does some pretty insane stuff, real strength, thats kind of how I became interested in this type of working out.

So who is interested and are there any gyms here that will accept me? If something like 7-10 people are interested I think we can get something going like a special class arranged at some club or something like that.

Thanks.

Othsanak
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Gymnastics classes for adults? Jun 27, 2012
It's sad that there's not much demand to actually start up classes for adults. I have also looked up gymnastic classes in Dubai and was similarly disppointed to have only found teen-dedicated classes, which don't really seem as Pro as i hoped.

I for one am all up to join and get the best out of this sport. I have a Taikwando redbelt and been on and off for a little over two years in fitness first where I practice weight training and my level of fitness is not bad actually, generally speaking. I am proficient in bodyweight exercises such as weighted dips and pull ups among other ones. And just recently incorprated hanging bar flips with my leg raises to sort of boost my core. anyway we can discuss this further in person if you'd like.

Back to topic, I'm not a huge fan of youtubing videos and imitating the movements, I find having an instuctor around is a better (and safer) choice. this is my contact: kbinsobeih (at) gmail (dot) com

Something tells me we can this 8)
kbinsobeih
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? Jun 27, 2012
I think because people usually get into gymnastics at an early age, it's very difficult to do as an adult as we're not as flexible.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? May 28, 2013
Hey all OP here ...

Classes exist but got cancelled again because of attendance and low demand. People join and think that it is fun like riding unicorns on rainbow bridge but then they get defeated by the conditioning and stop coming. What do you expect? How will your body get stronger?

I think this is expected because a huge chunk of the population is stuck overweight.
Othsanak
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? Jun 04, 2013
dude am in ! i am also looking for gymnastic classes cuz it gives shape to the body , i also workout alot in the gym + i used to do inline skating and am flexible , i talked to a guy in gymnastics time called joseph he said for adults he can make but we need a number of people. so if u want we can look for people to join us , its 1 class a week. its the best we can get i guess anyhow contact me. thanks
AliAlQaysi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Gymnastics classes for adults? Jul 09, 2013
Morning all,

I have been looking for gymnastic classes for some now. I do practice martial arts, capoeira, and relatively fit, I do triathlon.

I think gymnastic could bring a lot of strength into my overall performance as an athlete.

Have you guys managed to put a team together?

Kind regards

Ricardo Leite

--- Jul 09, 2013 ---

Othsanak , Hi

Where can i find this classes?

Kind regards Ricardo Leite.
leitecool
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? Jul 09, 2013
what about kickboxing Muay thai me are trainer
m1234
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Gymnastics classes for adults? Oct 21, 2013
Hey, i used to do gymnastics when i was a kid. and going on competitions, i would like to go back to it. just as a trainning coz i get bored in the gym. If there is any group please let me know, im in.
shayma87
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? Oct 22, 2013
shayma87 ,
shayma87 ,Dear Shayma Come joning with us for good and strong traning kick boxing and boxing just send me a message

Regards....

Mostafa
m1234
Dubai Forums Member

undefined Apr 19, 2014
AliAlQaysi , i like your idea. once a week because i am working 6days a week and i want to practice my skills too. when i was a kid i am athlete of gymnastics i have 3 medals .. id stop playing when i was in collage. ;( but i want to continue here in dubai since i feel i dont have any activities when im off. heres my mail. contact me as soon as possible to meet up. kasmira_canlas@yahoo.com
kasmira
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? Apr 30, 2014
Dubai Olympic Gymnastics Club offers adults gymnastics classes, every Saturday afternoon.

for more details please check our FB page: Adults gymnastics Dubai

--- Apr 30, 2014 ---

Othsanak , for adults gymnastics please find the FB page: Adults Gymnastics Dubai
Cosma
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Gymnastics Classes For Adults? Dec 01, 2014
Hi, I have several gymnasts friends who started do pole dancing. They really have fun, because of their background, they can achieve great results in a short term. And of course they are doing a strong workout, as it's not so easy as it seems.
The place I know is MPDS - MIian Pole Dance studio, located in JLT.
And of course, it is for adults only!
DubaiMe
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Jan 12, 2015
Othsanak ,
Hey , long time this massage , but may be u can help me , where I can found or joing gymnastic trainings ? Will be happy for any feedback alohaha2000@gmail.com
Othsanak ,
Alohaha
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum