Congrats India For Winning The World's Cricket Cup!!

Topic locked
Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Apr 03, 2011
A well-deserved win.

I'm told it was the most watched sports event in history!

Better luck next time Sri Lanka. Playing before that big, hysterical crowd in Mumbai, I'm sure, didn't help!!!

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Apr 03, 2011
Yeah Baby Yeah

The last time they won it was in 1985, Im in mumbai now where the match was being played, Celebrations are still going on... :alien: :alien:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Yes well done India.
And I'm also glad that the chucker didn't get the send off that he wanted.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

A Well Deserved Win...
Spark
Dubai Forum Visitor

And cheats never prosper... except in soccer of course.
benwj

Re: Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Apr 04, 2011
Tom Jones wrote:A well-deserved win.

Better luck next time Sri Lanka. Playing before that big, hysterical crowd in Mumbai, I'm sure, didn't help!!!

8) 8)

Wow TJ I didn't know you followed cricket. But if you did you'd know anyting the Indian media says should be taken with a pinch of salt. The cricket finals was the most watched game in cricket history, in sports history? Not just yet, maybe in 4 years time when more people in India own television sets. I did a search and apart from the Olympics, Football world cups, what surprised me was the viewership for this years Super Bowl...a staggering 111 million viewers as compared to the cricket finals which stood at 67.7 mill.
And if you've got 9 hours to spare then maybe you too could watch a game of cricket :D

benwj wrote:Yes well done India.

You'll Aussies never give up do you? Leave the poor man alone, no report has conclusively proved him to be a chucker.
Besides what do you think of the current (the one off to Bangladesh) Aussie squad?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Apr 06, 2011
And he's got beady little eyes. :evil:

No surprises in the current team. Don't think Ponting should be included.
benwj

Re: Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Apr 06, 2011
Misery Called Life wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:A well-deserved win.

8) 8)

Wow TJ I didn't know you followed cricket. But if you did you'd know anyting the Indian media says should be taken with a pinch of salt. The cricket finals was the most watched game in cricket history, in sports history? Not just yet, maybe in 4 years time when more people in India own television sets. I did a search and apart from the Olympics, Football world cups, what surprised me was the viewership for this years Super Bowl...a staggering 111 million viewers as compared to the cricket finals which stood at 67.7 mill.
And if you've got 9 hours to spare then maybe you too could watch a game of cricket :D

benwj wrote:Yes well done India.

You'll Aussies never give up do you? Leave the poor man alone, no report has conclusively proved him to be a chucker.
Besides what do you think of the current (the one off to Bangladesh) Aussie squad?

MCL,

No… I am not a cricket man. But you when you’ve lived and worked in the ME as long as I have, surrounded by Indians, Pakis, Brits, Aussies..etc, you can’t help but get interested in cricket!

Yes, you’re right. I’ve always heard that the Football (Soccer) World Cup Final has always been the most watched sports event in the world. My Indian friend was surely fibbing….

No, I really could not watch the entire match (too long, plus not too appealing to me) but saw all the highlights on the sports channel later on!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Nov 08, 2011
they deserve it

even though all countries played well

they struggled and they got it....

all the best to srilanka for future...........
johnleo128
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Congrats India for Winning the World's Cricket Cup!! Nov 22, 2011
Well done team India
falqy
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Congrats India For Winning The World's Cricket Cup!! Feb 20, 2015
Team India really played well but don't forget there are other teams in group B which can create upset like they did with West Indies.

However, yesterday was watching Zimbabwe and UAE match...and what a performance by UAE team. It was really nice match at time I was thinking that they are gonna beat Zimbabme the way Ireland did with West Indies.

Anyone excited for tomorrows match between Pakistan V/s West indies and Australia V/s Bangladesh?

wflora87
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum