Your Definition Of Friendship

Topic locked
your definition of friendship May 21, 2006
There are many different definitions of friendship, it all depends on who your friends are, and what makes some of them more 'special' than others.

How do you define friendship?

According to you, what makes a friend a 'true' friend?

How many friends can you trust and count on?

How much importance do you give to friendship?

Hiya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2006
when u hear ppl say "with friends like u who needs enemies?"
:twisted:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: your definition of friendship May 21, 2006
Hiya wrote:There are many different definitions of friendship, it all depends on who your friends are, and what makes some of them more 'special' than others.

hiya dear this post is making me so dizzy :shock: , do u want to test our general knowledge or this is just statistics????
1. i am sure that u know what the word friendship means
2. a friend is a friend and if he'she is not true than its not that case for a friendship
3. i can count on all my friends that r true friends
sorry guys for the stupidity in my answer, but pls do not shoot me i just replied to the girl's question useing the same logic...was pretty hard :roll: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 21, 2006
Dear Alexa, just tryin' to seek others opinions and to share them mine!
is there anything wrong with that? lol

or do you prefer the fight club on those threads :)
Hiya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2006
I have different types of friendships depending on the person.
My casual friend are those whom I hang out during my free time, joke around with and enjoy their company.
My close friends are those whom I do all of the above with, and feel comfortable sharing my feelings and thoughts with. I basically TRUST them.
The only difference between my two types of friends is Trust.. Its a small word, but peronally, means a lot to me.

A true friend is there when Im in need. They know when Im down or happy, and they can read my mind. They make me feel comfortable talking to them and I dont need to think twice before saying anything.
They take me as I am, and dont judge me for who I am.
A person would know I consider them a true friend, if I tell me they did something wrong towards me or others, without me telling other people. I accept them as they are and HATE to see them hurt..
I know Im considered a trusted friend, if they critisize me constructively. I really appreciate my friends telling me my faults, coz without them, I'd never be a better person.

I dont have a specific number of friends I can trust. My trust grows with the amount of time I spend with a person and get to know them more.Sometimes, I feel soo comfortable with a person, that we click instantly,and in no times I trust them. But Im a very careful person. I dont know if thats good or bad though

I try my best to give it 100%... without my friends, I wouldn't be what I am now. I know I can be a better person, but will never do unless I have my friends to tell me how to improve.

waiting for you guys, hope I'd be able to know your difinitions :)
Hiya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2006
Hiya wrote:Dear Alexa, just tryin' to seek others opinions and to share them mine!
is there anything wrong with that? lol

or do you prefer the fight club on those threads :)

did i say that there is something wrong??? :shock: don't let me keep u from whatever u r seeking! u can share all the opinions u want cause this is a forum, so i just gave u my opinion, yet maybe not one of the ones u seeked 8) any problem with that?
hope not! :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 21, 2006
feel free to express ya self Alexa, really glad to have you posting and sharin' your views in my threads =)
Hiya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

WANT TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS Aug 09, 2007
MY NAME IS LEENA. AM WORKING WITH SHELL AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS SANAULLAH KHAN. I HAVE BEEN IN DUBAI ALL MY LIFE AND MY HUSBAND HAS COME FROM SAUDI ARABIA. BOTH OF US ARE INDIANS. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING TO MEET MATURE EDUCATED LIKE MINDED PEOPLE IN DUBAI. DO WRITE BACK AND WE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE.
KHANS
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: WANT TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS Aug 09, 2007
KHANS wrote:MY NAME IS LEENA. AM WORKING WITH SHELL AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS SANAULLAH KHAN. I HAVE BEEN IN DUBAI ALL MY LIFE AND MY HUSBAND HAS COME FROM SAUDI ARABIA. BOTH OF US ARE INDIANS. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING TO MEET MATURE EDUCATED LIKE MINDED PEOPLE IN DUBAI. DO WRITE BACK AND WE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE.

take what from where??

:lol:
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Aug 09, 2007
My definition of a friend is someone who won't tell my girlfriend...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Aug 09, 2007
For a minute i thought Hiya was back :shock: :shock:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2007
I learned the concept of "friend with benefits" from Boston Legal.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance