Why Men Hate Shopping & What Woman Want!

Topic locked
Why Men Hate Shopping & What Woman Want! Apr 17, 2007
I know this has been posted in a some way but I face this situation daily.

why women don't know what they want? they spend countless hours just looking in shops and checking all models just to get confused more and eventually they consult someone else!!!

I hate being with a woman while she is shopping, is it me or all men are like that?

Pals
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 17, 2007
Talk about stereotyping. Not ALL women are like that and not ALL men hate shopping either.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 17, 2007
i agree with choco..

i knew exactly what i want and my man loves to shop too...
gracy
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 17, 2007
I didn't originally have any intention of entering this section of the forum, but this forum seems to be filled with the exact type of individuals who know nothing of romance or women.

Pals... are you talking about someone in particular or did you just finish watching a film.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
Please......enlighten us :lol:
guest999

Apr 18, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:I didn't originally have any intention of entering this section of the forum, but this forum seems to be filled with the exact type of individuals who know nothing of romance or women.

Pals... are you talking about someone in particular or did you just finish watching a film.

:)

If u consider understanding women's shopping habbits being romantic then you'd better stay out of the forum.

I knew many women who have the same behavour which I find very annoying and wanted to see if other have the same.
Pals
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 18, 2007
Well you could ask the women here what habits they hate about men. I'm sure we will see just as many (if not more) things they find annoying, which is why I say tolerance and support is a major necessary factor in a healthy relationship.

I'm not an expert, but if you're really in need of some Enlightenment I could give you a single pointer which a lot of guys don't do... it's Talk.

Simple, talk.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 23, 2007
I agree with choco.........u need to be more patient.........dont be surprised if there comes up an another thread saying...."why men don't have patience while women shop?"
raina
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 23, 2007
raina wrote:I agree with choco.........u need to be more patient.........dont be surprised if there comes up an another thread saying...."why men don't have patience while women shop?"

yeah , for example me , i like the quick shopping , i hate the whole day shopping plans :)
Uae_Me
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Why Men Hate Shopping & What Woman Want! Apr 23, 2007
Pals wrote:I know this has been posted in a some way but I face this situation daily.

why women don't know what they want? they spend countless hours just looking in shops and checking all models just to get confused more and eventually they consult someone else!!!

I hate being with a woman while she is shopping, is it me or all men are like that?

I can answer you that!!! If she can afford to buy anything she wants in the shops then she will not spend hours just to look in shops and checking all models. She will be buying a lot of stuff in less than an hour!!!
So, the solution is: A) provide her loads of money, make sure she needs not to choose between option a or option b, make sure she can buy option a, b, or c at the same time. B) Leave with it and don;t complain!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 23, 2007
I don't see what the problem is really. You may not enjoy shopping, but maybe your partner or whoever you are with does enjoy shopping. You may not see why, but different people enjoy different sorts of activities.

Personally, I don't like generalizing or stereotyping, but I do find that you spend a lot more time shopping when a girl friend is with you than when you're on your own, or with some guys. Though I don't see it as annoying or tedious. I think Pals is looking at this way too negatively.

Don't you respect the fact that she's interested particular recreations that you aren't? If you don't, then you're being a little inconsiderate and only out for your own interests.

Lets take a little look into more positive aspects of shopping with female associates, friends or colleagues who like to take their time.

Firstly, have you ever noticed that you have much more time to talk and get to understand each other's fascinations and choice in leisure. Just try to take note of the things your friend/partner likes and enjoys. So when you want to buy a gift to cheer them up,make them happy... you won't be stuck on what to buy.

Another thing you have to take to mind is that most people, when shopping for pleasure as opposed to necessity are more inclined to be focused on economizing than any other time. They have to think about what they're buying and if it'll be worth it or not. It's only natural to feel this way, although some are worse than others of course. Just try to be more understanding and considerate.

I also find that sometimes they can be low on cash and unsure what to buy... so if you're a good friend, just buy one or two things they want for them. Unless you're stingy, or low on cash yourself lol.

Well... all that aside, I must say I don't like when they expect you to chip in and buy things ALL the time off your own accord. If they're going to take that attitude, they should just ask... which I don't mind.

Not every thing's entirely negative and not every thing's entirely positive. So quit complaining.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 28, 2007
I don't mind hanging around with my girl if she wants to shop, provided she doesn't overdo it. I guess it depends on whether she's addicted to this and actually digs into her or my savings to satisy the shopping instinct ;)
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2007
sit on the bench in front of the store. give her money. she'll just call u when she needs advise on buying something
katya111_
Dubai Forum Guest

May 12, 2007
katya111_ wrote:sit on the bench in front of the store. give her money. she'll just call u when she needs advise on buying something

yahhhhh...i agree with you...
chariza
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2007
I have to admit that I am a lousy shopper. Whenever I like the style of a shirt/skirt/polo shirt, I end up buying all set of colors of one item. You’ll see me wearing same style but different colors for all the days of the week. (e.g Saturday – blue, Sunday – baby pink, Monday – White etc). Beau noticed this too, so whenever I go shopping, he’s happy to come along. I am happier, because I don’t end up buying the same style.

Men mostly end up in electronics shop. But I don’t feel annoyed, because he’s patient enough to explain why that techy item is better than the other. (Learning while shopping) You’re pretty lucky if he balances the number of shops you’re visiting. If you accompany him in 3 electronics shops, then he has to accompany you in 6 ladies shops or any shop you find interesting etc without any qualms.

Men in general have their own sense of style (fashion). They’re pretty objective in giving suggestions. Shopping is more enjoyable if ladies pay for their own items. (Except for ladies who are financially dependent with their partner)

It’s an opportunity for man to come along whenever your lady wants to shop; because you’ll know her spending habit and how she splurges on unnecessary things that you (men) complained about. In other words, shopping is an activity that you both should do. I smile whenever i see man pushing heavy trolley for their wife.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Why Men Hate Shopping & What Woman Want! May 16, 2007
Ahhh I always wonder why I am a quick shopper. Now I know. Cuz I dont have LOADS of dosh........ :shock:

FeiPo wrote:
Pals wrote:I know this has been posted in a some way but I face this situation daily.

I can answer you that!!! If she can afford to buy anything she wants in the shops then she will not spend hours just to look in shops and checking all models. She will be buying a lot of stuff in less than an hour!!!
So, the solution is: A) provide her loads of money, make sure she needs not to choose between option a or option b, make sure she can buy option a, b, or c at the same time. B) Leave with it and don;t complain!!
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

May 19, 2007
Shopping is gooooood man, i love shopping. Im like a lil kid when it comes to buying new clothes/ electronics etc!! :D
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance