sage & onion wrote:Well I think the question should be;

why do SOME men.............

Casue I don't

thats always a good thing to know.

gives me hope that there are decent husbands out there
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
He must be a sadist. Some men are like that..ladies, call the police and put them in jail.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
or better pay a ganster like jamal to beat him up :twisted:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2006
mema wrote:or better pay a ganster like jamal to beat him up :twisted:

Jamal, Gangster, he couldn't beat an egg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 29, 2006
or leave them
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
Ladies, Women...any female species.. we dont deserve to be beaten you know, unless you want to.~~masochist, did i spell it right?~~
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Not me,but my neighbour and she acceped. Oct 29, 2006
Not me,but my neighbour and she acceped. :wink:
sarahtech
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 29, 2006
she allows her husband to beat her? what...doesnt she have kids that can stand up for her if she cant do it herself?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Not me,but my neighbour and she acceped. Oct 29, 2006
sarahtech wrote:Not me,but my neighbour and she acceped. :wink:

That's the problem with women - they allow it to happen to them. They swear in marriage to love each not to beat each other. :roll: :roll:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
When I worked at the apartment complex, myself and co-workers heard muslim men beating their wives. We called police many times but nothing would ever happen. The women would come to the door a say that nothing happened and the police would leave. There are documented disturbance calls when we were not on the grounds, and still the women would send away the police.
sarahtech
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 30, 2006
First let's not limit this to "muslim" men. This is found in all countries, irrespective of religion.

Second, the reason women who are victim of physical or even moral abuse from pencil-dic*ed jacka$$es often refuse the help of others and will not go to the police is because they often depend fully on their husbands/partners or they fear that their children will be the one who pay the harshest price... It's far from being a simple issue unfortunately... Those women need the support of friends or professional help. In the US, Europe there are organizations, even hotlines who will provide moral support and guidance to such women. I seriously doubt this exist in the UAE...

But I think what we must fight more than anything is when a woman actually convince herself that she DESERVES the "punishment" she is getting...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 30, 2006
...because women accept it.

Leave your man.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 30, 2006
Coz the dickhead, brain dead, bastards dont get it back.. the simple reason... coz they are fools.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 30, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
mema wrote:or better pay a ganster like jamal to beat him up :twisted:

Jamal, Gangster, he couldn't beat an egg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahahaha :P :twisted: dont let the gangsta see dis.. :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 30, 2006
it's how the lesser forms of the male gender express anger, distaste, or superiority.

I have no respect for anyone male or female that throws a punch intending to do harm and not out of self defence.

But I do have a question...

Why is it that women go on and on about equal rights for the genders, but when it comes to marital/relationship abuse the reply is always "Men have no right to hit women"?

As far as I see it, no one ever has the right to hit anyone. Men shouldn't hit women or other men, women should hit men or other women. Unless it is in self defence. believe me, if a woman came at me with a frying pan (it's just an example, I'm not placing a stereotype), I would try to get it away from her or subduing her first (as i would with a man attacking me with any weapon). But if i couldn't, I wouldn't give a second though about knocking her out. But then I've known some pretty tough women in my time, some very good fighters.

But Why do women cry out about equal rights, but then all they have to say about being attacked is "a MAN doesn't have the RIGHT to hit a WOMAN"?

If your going to go on about equal right (which belive it or not, I'm in favor of) shouldn't the argument have some continuity? Statements like the one I am questioning, set a double standard which is no better than whats going on now. And it's not the only one, the one about men always having to pay for dinner (Yes, women sometimes offer. As infrequent as it is, they still do. But men still hold this macho "I'm not a man if she pays" idiocy) is another one but thats for another post. :D
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2006
Bear, these women who believe in women's rights don't believe it is fair for a woman to hit a man either. It is a given! The majority of the cases of abuse are men beating their women so that is why they say a man has no right to beat a woman. I can't believe I even have to explain this. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 30, 2006
It's true that most cases are men beating women, but there are a staggering about of them in which women are battering men. The cases of Women emotionally abusing men is even higher that the combined number of beating cases.

But I think you misunderstood me. My quarrel is with the choice of words used to make the argument. It's it is equal rights you want, then let your words reflect what you want without any room for misunderstanding.

EDIT (forgot to mention)

And another thing, Why is it that when it happens in the western world they say women's rights are being broken, but anywhere else it's called Human rights? They deal with the same subject matter, the rights of human beings that are being violated.
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2006
bear wrote:It's true that most cases are men beating women, but there are a staggering about of them in which women are battering men. The cases of Women emotionally abusing men is even higher that the combined number of beating cases.

But I think you misunderstood me. My quarrel is with the choice of words used to make the argument. It's it is equal rights you want, then let your words reflect what you want without any room for misunderstanding.

EDIT (forgot to mention)

And another thing, Why is it that when it happens in the western world they say women's rights are being broken, but anywhere else it's called Human rights? They deal with the same subject matter, the rights of human beings that are being violated.

+2 for Bear!!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 30, 2006
True K, however on the flip-side, how many men will actually come forward and admit to being victims of abuse by their other halves? Not many I'm.

And yes no-one should beat on anyone else. Many women are afraid to leave abusive partners, they think they deserve it and associate it with attention and believe it or not love and affection, many think they will never find a 'nice' guy, so they put up with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 30, 2006
Yes Bear, you have a good point - the language could be used more accurately.

Chocs, you have a point too. I know of some cases where the men have been battered and don't want to talk about it or report it to authorities.

I don't necessarily agree that verbal abuse is more likely to happen to men than women, or vice versa. It could very well happen equally. It depends on the people and the relationship.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 30, 2006
I beat women.... in scrabble :D

But seriously, anyone that beats down another person with physical violence is a moron and needs to be removed from the gene pool. I have seen women beat their husbands too, it's just shit.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:I don't necessarily agree that verbal abuse is more likely to happen to men than women, or vice versa. It could very well happen equally. It depends on the people and the relationship.

Personally I would reckon the opposite, The reason you hear more about men beating women is because thats how the man expresses himself. There are cases you don't hear about for the reasons choc stated.

I would imagine that just as many women emotionally or verbally abuse men as men who beat women. The reason you don't hear about it, I reckon, is for the same reasons that women don't admit to being beaten. But it is inflamed by a man's need to be the alpha.

I've been in that kind of relationship, I've told very few of it. Mainly because I was afraid that people would see me as less of a man.
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2006
When a man beats his wife its the lowest level to which he can go.... u shud just take a baseball bat or something at him....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 30, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I beat women.... in scrabble :D

But seriously, anyone that beats down another person with physical violence is a moron and needs to be removed from the gene pool. I have seen women beat their husbands too, it's just shit.

I know one guy (in my friend's company) - one time when he went to their office, he got black eye! (his wife beat him - his wife is Russian)
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 30, 2006
Look where we live- its a CULTURAL NORM, its been happening for generations mothers tell there duaghter its ok, duaghter see there father beat there mothers and there mothers make excuses, say it was my fault... ALL I KNOW I WOULD BRAKE MY FATHERS NECK IF HE TOUCHED MY MOTHER
Scare Face
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance