IS IT TRUE ..PEOPLE In DUBAI Cant Marry From Another Country

Topic locked
IS IT TRUE ..PEOPLE in DUBAI cant marry from another country Oct 20, 2007
hey guys ...

My friend has meet a guy at uni .. he turned out to be a student from dubai ... they both fell in love bla bla ... .. and now he has to go back to his country .. but the problem is ..his mother wont accept her into the family ... is it because she is lebanese and from austraila ? Is there a reason why she wont allow her son to marry the girl he loves ?

Can people from Dubai marry someone from another country ? i heard they cant .. please i dont know what to tell her .. all i can do is be there for her .. WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO :(

Arab_Beauty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 20, 2007
i'm really not sure but i heard emirati men can marry women of other nationalities but emirati women would have their UAE nationality revoked should they decide to marry a non-emirati.
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Oct 21, 2007
RedLion wrote:i'm really not sure but i heard emirati men can marry women of other nationalities but emirati women would have their UAE nationality revoked should they decide to marry a non-emirati.

Yes, children of Arab women who have foreign husbands won't be UAE nationals..not to mention their mother. That's the only way the UAE can preserve it's ethnicity. No foreign 'seeds' should adulterate the gene pool.

After all, this is the birth cradle of human civiliz(ed)ation itself!!!
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 21, 2007
anxiousape wrote:Yes, children of Arab women who have foreign husbands won't be UAE nationals..not to mention their mother. That's the only way the UAE can preserve it's ethnicity. No foreign 'seeds' should adulterate the gene pool.

Not exactly true. Few months ago I posted a topic taken from a sports website that a Brazilian has become a UAE national for the sake of football.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 21, 2007
Nice info there.. I guess it happens when countries bending rules for the sake of sports and the spirit.. like Yao Ming playing NBA without going to a US college.
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 22, 2007
mmmmmmmm is that a yes ? loooool
Arab_Beauty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 22, 2007
Yes he can marry her - it has nothing to do with her nationality. Muslim men can marry any religion/country eyc as the children are brought up to the fathers religion. Some however make their chocie based on family standing etc.

Maybe the truth of the matter is that now he is back in Dubai - he does not want the relationship anymore and is using the mother as an excuse.

Perhaps she should come out here for a week and checkit out - see him in his natural surrounds.

Maybe he was playing around at uni - with your "friend" and now back in UAE he is being a good boy and looking for a "good" local girl?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2007
The thing is my friend is a decent girl .. who never gave anything to him only love and respect...

And you might be right .. he can be using his mother as an excuse ... if thats true , that is the sadest thing ever ... Can i guy fake his love for so long and then just walk off :>| thats why you wont see me with anyone .. LOOOL guys are players ..(only joking)

Has anyone of you ... ever fallen in love b4 to someone NOT from there country ...

thank you for your replies
Arab_Beauty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 22, 2007
Arab_Beauty wrote:The thing is my friend is a decent girl .. who never gave anything to him only love and respect...

We only need dry love when we r kids and at one stage we need physical love . We need decent girl but not decent in Ikea's bed :P

i spent my entire child-hood dreaming about French kiss :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 23, 2007
In the UAE it's like an international dating game, you can date your way around the world.

Hate the game, not the playa.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 23, 2007
there is no law stating that he cant marry her

the court might make it difficult for him and her but they can get married
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 23, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:In the UAE it's like an international dating game, you can date your way around the world.

Hate the game, not the playa.

Can i date you :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 23, 2007
PLAYA IN DA HOUSE loooooool
Arab_Beauty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 24, 2007
Bleakus wrote:there is no law stating that he cant marry her

the court might make it difficult for him and her but they can get married

Are you sure? It became big news in Gulf News a few years ago, when local men were being forced to NOT marry foreign women. Don't remember if a law was enacted though.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 24, 2007
There was a study by the government about UAE national guys marrying different nationalities girls and they did not approve it, so men can marry different nationalities according to law..

Religion - a man can make his decision without the approval of his parents..

Culture - Many parents wouldnt want their kids to marry different nationalities, but they eventually get convinced once they realize that the person is serious.

Maybe he should try introducing the mother to the girl, if she likes her, she would approve, wouldnt she??
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 25, 2007
I'll be going to Dubai soon inshallah .. and i was thinking of taking her with me ... . when she arrives to Dubai, il let her call him . if he seems happy to know she is there and wants to see her .. thats a good thing ... but if he doesnt .. well i wont allow her to see him and i will help her through this ..( MEN AINT WORTH crying over) :lol: ...

Sometimes u cant go by what your heart wants ,

its true hamdl . alot of parents want there children to marry from the same kind ..to me , as long as he is muslim , thats ok ... MY parents used to be like that .. all they wanted is for me to marry a lebanse guy .. I DONT THINK SO looool ... i will marry who i fall in love with ,,, of course with there permission ..

thats why i am trying to avoid the trip to lebanon .. i can imagine the headaces LOOOL

Why is it NOT fair ... i mean i heard once that this guy couldnt marry this girl because her family wern't as wealthy as they were ... OMG .. does that really exist in our days . :shock:
Arab_Beauty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 25, 2007
Arab_Beauty wrote:I'll be going to Dubai soon inshallah .. and i was thinking of taking her with me ... . when she arrives to Dubai, il let her call him . if he seems happy to know she is there and wants to see her .. thats a good thing ... but if he doesnt .. well i wont allow her to see him and i will help her through this ..( MEN AINT WORTH crying over) :lol: ...

its true hamdl . alot of parents want there children to marry from the same kind ..to me , as long as he is muslim , thats ok ... MY parents used to be like that .. all they wanted is for me to marry a lebanse guy .. I DONT THINK SO looool ... i will marry who i fall in love with ,,, of course with there permission ..

thats why i am trying to avoid the trip to lebanon .. i can imagine the headaces LOOOL

Why is it NOT fair ... i mean i heard once that this guy couldnt marry this girl because her family wern't as wealthy as they were ... OMG .. does that really exist in our days . :shock:

i just returned from saudi and i saw firsthand that families won't let their kids marry below their current levels. really really sad.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2007
Arab_Beauty wrote:I'll be going to Dubai soon inshallah .. and i was thinking of taking her with me ... . when she arrives to Dubai, il let her call him . if he seems happy to know she is there and wants to see her .. thats a good thing ... but if he doesnt .. well i wont allow her to see him and i will help her through this ..( MEN AINT WORTH crying over) :lol: ...

i just returned from saudi and i saw firsthand that families won't let their kids marry below their current levels. really really sad.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Muslim woman married christian man!!! Nov 13, 2007
Hey you,
I just find this discussion about arab women marrying foreign men very interersting!
Why?
Because one of my friends is one of them!
She originally comes from Oman, Sultanate of Oman, and she is a muslim woman.
While she was living and working in Bahrain she met a man and fell in love.
"Unfortunately" he was christian and from the Netherlands, and she was Omani and muslim! And as you all know - I guess- it's forbidden for a muslim woman to marry a christian man (although it's allowed for a muslim man to marry a christian man)...and it's forbidden for Omani women to marry a men who is not from the GCC countries, even if he'd be arab and muslim!
well.. ...to make it short: they got married in Holland!
ANd I was their witness to marriage!!!!
And now they live happy and being married in Germany - because she couldn't get a visa for Holland that easy (although being married)!
That's true love!
She's still muslim by the way, and he's christian!!!
Ghaima
ghaima
Dubai Forum Visitor

Muslim woman married christian man!!! Nov 13, 2007
:!:
ghaima
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 31, 2008
i don't think i would want to marry a guy who does not think for himself. he is rather letting his mother and his culture dictate whom to marry.. and that is very stupid, and pathetic in my opinion. if he really loves her, he would do the impossible to be with her regardless of what his mother thinks. they can marry anywhere and live anywhere, does not have to be in Dubai. but i guess he does not really love her and he was just playing her for the longest time.... it happen... that is why i'll never start a relationship until he commits and i mean COMMITS with the ring and everything..
98user
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance