This Is So Funny And So True, Lol

Topic locked
this is so funny and so true, lol Mar 14, 2006
1. The nice men are ugly.

2. The handsome men are not nice.

3. The handsome and nice men are gay.

4. The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.

5. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money.

6. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think
we are only after their money.

7. The handsome men without money are after our money.

8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual,
don't think we are beautiful enough.

9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat
nice and have money, are cowards.

10.The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money
and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER make the first move!

11.The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest
in us when we take the initiative.

Who can possibly understand men?

Men are like a fine wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to
stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something
you'd like to have dinner with.

IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 14, 2006
Good post IMJ...i totally agree!

We gotta live in hope though...maybe some of the good-looking, married, nice, ones will leave their wives for us one day....
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Good post IMJ...i totally agree!

We gotta live in hope though...maybe some of the good-looking, married, nice, ones will leave their wives for us one day....

lol
dont know about that
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 14, 2006
they do sometimes....and then they are not nice any more.. :D
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 14, 2006
not all of them are true..........
emirates
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 16, 2006
hey, DUBAI KNIGHT should check this out! :lol:
vanillashake
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 16, 2006
vanillashake wrote:hey, DUBAI KNIGHT should check this out! :lol:

why is that he has to check it out?
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 16, 2006
Cus he's desperate....??????? :bootyshake:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

LOLOLOL Mar 18, 2006
Well I guess I fall in No. 10 :oops:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Mar 19, 2006
I fall in to the 10 mark as well
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: this is so funny and so true, lol Mar 19, 2006
I AM NICE BUT NOT UGLY

I AM HANDSOME NICE AS WELL :)

I AM NOT A GAY

4. The handsome, nice and fun men are married.
STILL AVAILABLE :lol:

I HAVE MONEY TOO :wink:

I DONT THINK SO :roll:

NOT ME

8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat fun,
NOT TRUE

9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are fun, somewhat
NOT ALL

and thank God are fun, are shy and NEVER make the first move!
I DONT SHY BUT AFRAID TO GOD. BUT DONT AFRAID TO SAY "I LOVE YOU" IF I REALY LOVE SOMEONE

NO IDEA :(

to understand a man you need to take new birth as man. woman cant understand how man is . thats true
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: this is so funny and so true, lol Apr 02, 2006
gLoBalTeCh wrote:1. The nice men are ugly.
I AM NICE BUT NOT UGLY

I AM HANDSOME NICE AS WELL :)

I AM NOT A GAY

STILL AVAILABLE :lol:

I HAVE MONEY TOO :wink:

I DONT THINK SO :roll:

NOT ME

8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat fun,
NOT TRUE

9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are fun, somewhat
NOT ALL

and thank God are fun, are shy and NEVER make the first move!
I DONT SHY BUT AFRAID TO GOD. BUT DONT AFRAID TO SAY "I LOVE YOU" IF I REALY LOVE SOMEONE

NO IDEA :(

to understand a man you need to take new birth as man. woman cant understand how man is . thats true

i know it took me only half a month, but was that a hint, lol.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 02, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:I fall in to the 10 mark as well

u guys were not shy to say u r handsome, nice and all the rest of the stuff, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 02, 2006
lOve It! nice post :D :D :D
chariza
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2006
chariza wrote:lOve It! nice post :D :D :D

see, girls agree it is true, only guys all not happy about it, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: this is so funny and so true, lol Apr 02, 2006
Desperate huh? You bin lookin'??? :oops:

OK, lets look at the flipside of the coin and do the same exercise for the girls shall we? The opinions expressed here are not neccessarily those of the writer however have been gleaned from a variety of sad losers, renowned swordsmen and erstwhile stud muffins...

1. The nice girls tend to complain...mostly about the size of their bums!

2. The gorgeous girls know they are and are therefore up themselves unless you are Brad Pitt or Donald Trump...but they will still date ugly trolls like Bernie Ecclestone or Peter Stringfellow!

3. The gorgeous and nice girls still complain about the size of their bums, but get to park what are, in reality, perfectly fabulous bums next to good looking guys in nice cars and nice places and are destined to become nice and married and fat and happy.

4. The gorgeous, nice and fun girls get the same perks as the gorgeous and nice girls, for a while, until the novelty wears off then they look for a more fun bloke with a bigger car so they can get their over indulged expanding bums into it and eventually will get married out of desperation and will become fat and unhappy.

5. The girls who are not so good looking but are nice, have jobs and are only interested in their 'career'.

6. The girls who are not so good looking but are nice, have jobs and are interested in their 'career', think men are only after them for their money...or their job!

7. The gorgeous girls without money are after a man with money...any money!

8. The gorgeous girls who are not so nice but like a bit of fun, often work for the not so good looking girls who are nice but have jobs so they can afford to go out and have fun and then show off their good looking boyfriends to their not so good looking bosses and make them jealous!

9. The girls who think we are handsome, that are fun, somewhat
nice and have money, need glasses or contact lenses!

10.The girls who are quite good looking, somewhat nice and have some money and like some fun, go out in groups and cling together and cannot be approached without group ridicule or character assasination as the guy must be a complete perv to approach her in the first place and then they go to the loo in pairs and cluster around a single table discussing the affairs of the gorgeous and not so nice girls who are on the other side of the room and have you seen what she is wearing? how can she possibly think that looks good on her and have you seen the shoes? the handbag? where did she get the dreadful jewelry...but who is that she is with? he's a bit of alright....is it your round another shot of tequila ooh make mine a double...ad infinitum!

11.The girls who make the first move or allow a guy to actually talk to them sensibly rather than deflecting them using their automatic 'jerk' detectors...sometimes meet the men of their dreams. Have relationships, get married, have babies and further the species. "And they all lived happily ever after."

Who can understand women? You set the rules and then change them without warning and at a moments notice to suit your monthly mood swing or whether the new shoes you bought today are 'quite' right and rubbing in all the right places making it impossible to walk any further than 3 consecutive feet...

There is only one answer: Chocolate!

Now I shall sit here quietly and await the incoming fire...with my lightsabre in full defensive mode and shields up! Take cover!!!!

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 02, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 02, 2006
I happen to break every one of those rules knight :wink:

Im perfect :angel13: (jk!)
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 02, 2006
Yer right Vanessa

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 03, 2006

Disagree.

Men who don't take first move, women loose interest in them thinking they are kidding and not serious, while they are even shy or fear the consequances, or look up to the gurl to the extent that they feel she is out of their league while.... he is in her league but doesn't know that.

The gurl should help him but giving gestures that she is approachable to him.
yshimy

Apr 03, 2006
lol, Dubai Knight, ur opinion about us, women, is wrong, lol
u r just still bitter after ur bad experience, that is all.
and not all girls discuss only material stuff and like chocolate,
believe me :wink:
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 03, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:I happen to break every one of those rules knight :wink:

Im perfect :angel13: (jk!)

Rules are made to be broken!

As for being the perfect little angel? Hmm... :shock:

Prove it! :lol: Show me your wings!

Knight :wink:
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
IMJ wrote:lol, Dubai Knight, ur opinion about us, women, is wrong, lol

There was a disclaimer at the top of he post, vis-a-vis that these were not neccessarily the opinions etc etc...

So if you don't discuss material stuff (as in chiffon, silk etc??) and you don't like chocolate, then what do you discuss? If we men are to stand a chance of opening a conversation, then it is useful to know what to kick off with or what to avoid.

Not all my experiences have been bad and, unlike the beer, I'm not that bitter anymore. Confused maybe?

Do tell!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
The problem with so many guys who approach women is that they are either a) cheesy with their opening line, or b) drunk.

A guy just has to be himself and the woman will respond. Some women have boyfriends or husbands, so will shoot you down, others might just want to hang out with the girls so still shoot you down. All you can do is try and don't take it too personally if you do get shot down.

Don't get drunk to get up the courage to talk to a woman - you won't be giving a good first impression, and she'll probably think you just want to bed her.

More women need to take the initiative to approach guys. I don't see why the guys should always be the ones getting shot down. (I've always been aggressive that way - didn't have a problem asking a guy out.)

If men and women don't try to approach each other, how will they ever know if something good could have started?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: this is so funny and so true, lol Apr 03, 2006

False

False

I am have no idea about that

False

you'd like to have dinner with

Hmmm.. Women are nice creature.. you cant live without them and you cant live with them :D
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2006
kanelli wrote:The problem with so many guys who approach women is that they are either a) cheesy with their opening line, or b) drunk.

A guy just has to be himself and the woman will respond. Some women have boyfriends or husbands, so will shoot you down, others might just want to hang out with the girls so still shoot you down. All you can do is try and don't take it too personally if you do get shot down.

Don't get drunk to get up the courage to talk to a woman - you won't be giving a good first impression, and she'll probably think you just want to bed her.

More women need to take the initiative to approach guys. I don't see why the guys should always be the ones getting shot down. (I've always been aggressive that way - didn't have a problem asking a guy out.)

If men and women don't try to approach each other, how will they ever know if something good could have started?

No matter what you say, most opening lines sound cheesy.

Yes, we do have to partake of a little 'Dutch Courage' sometimes before making an approach, it lessens the pain of being shot down!

The ones with BFs or husbands often shoot you down at the first engagement...crash and burn, but less painful!

The ones without, let you get into the swing of your 'This is me, I'm a really nice guy really, a little bit sensitive but also a little bit mad...' introduction...and then shoot us down! Crash and burn, rather painful!

If we see a girl we fancy, it probably is quite likely that we do want to 'bed her' after all, at first glance, all we have to go on at that stage is a pretty face and a nice pair of..........shoes! That is the first point of attraction. The next barrier is one of insecurity for us:
Heart to Brain; "Flutter, flutter...she's nice!"
Brain to Heart; "Why would a gorgeous creature like that be interested in us?"
Heart to Brain; "Because we are nice person and we like her!"
Brain to Heart; "Don't be stupid, we'll get shot down and crash and burn and get hurt! Another JD and coke?"

So we play the waiting game until we think the moment is just right and then slur all over her...shot down, crashed and burned, hurt...

Heart to Brain; "Told you, numb skull!"
Brain to Heart; "Shadddup, an d'won anuzzer ChayDee 'n coke?"

If...before we get to this terminal spiral of self deprecating self destruction... a nice girl were to just indicate somehow that she is interested (eye contact and a smile normally does it) then we will not resort to chemical courage and you will get to meet the sober, upright men that we all, undoubtedly really are!

Maybe!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
:lol: Jedi you are too funny. This is what I mean. You poor men go through so much torture!

A lot of what you describe is why I think that a nightclub is the worst place to meet someone. I automatically get my defenses up if guys approach me in a bar because a) they can only go on my looks b) nightclubs are often the places where some people go to find someone for s.e.x.

I disagree about all approaches being cheesy.

At university I was approached in the bar when I was with my friend. We noticed the two guys when they came in because the one guy was something like 6'5" with red hair, but they didn't notice us immediately. In any case, they did notice us after an hour or so and when a slow song came on, they suddenly appeared and asked us to dance. "Would you like to dance?" Very easy to say yes because a) they were not bumping and grinding next to us for the previous 30 minutes, grossing us out, b) it is only one dance, c) chicks like to dance and be asked to dance.

Anyhow, we danced with the guys who were complete gentlemen - kept their hands and mouths where they should be, and we had nice chit chat with them. They hung back and didn't suffocate us or try to hang out with us the whole night. When it was time to go, the tall guy was chasing me outside asking if we could go to dinner sometime. I said no because I had just broken up with a boyfriend and didn't feel ready to start dating so soon. I felt bad saying no, but I didn't want to string the guy along when I was just getting over a break-up. The guy did everything right, but I still shot him down. This is why men can't take it too hard - there are so many reasons to get shot down.

So, it is possible to approach in a non-cheesy way that uses the situation to break the ice. Also, the guys weren't drunk, and they were respectful.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
IMJ wrote:lol, Dubai Knight, ur opinion about us, women, is wrong, lol

There was a disclaimer at the top of he post, vis-a-vis that these were not neccessarily the opinions etc etc...

So if you don't discuss material stuff (as in chiffon, silk etc??) and you don't like chocolate, then what do you discuss? If we men are to stand a chance of opening a conversation, then it is useful to know what to kick off with or what to avoid.

Not all my experiences have been bad and, unlike the beer, I'm not that bitter anymore. Confused maybe?

Do tell!

Knight

lol, no, not confused
i do not discuss silk and chiffon for sure, lol, surprising u know those things, may be that is what U discuss, jk
i really do not like chocolate, and it is a big mistake to think all women like it.
anyway, there are a lot of things ppl can talk about and women too.
why do u think men should open a convo? women do it sometimes too.
the way to start depends on the situation and ppl u r with.
Not that bitter, means stil a bit. lol
anyway, guys, so busy at work, will post later
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 03, 2006
Kanelli,
The guy got shoot down, so makes no difference.

DK,
Yes i agree, when the gurl give just the eye contact with a smile it is a go for me, but in the same time,,,, may be it is just a smile, not an invitation, and there when it becomes more complicated. so i wait for 2 smiles :D and then may be again it is just a "smile" then wait for 3 smiles heheheh :)

usually it depends on the gurl and situation, if she is giving smiles to everyone around, i figure it is just a smile and not invitation.

well, good luck, the problem now as Kanelli said is the venue, Bars... well, don't think so, i prefer friends network.

Cheers all
yshimy

Apr 03, 2006
yshimy wrote:Kanelli,
The guy got shoot down, so makes no difference.

DK,
Yes i agree, when the gurl give just the eye contact with a smile it is a go for me, but in the same time,,,, may be it is just a smile, not an invitation, and there when it becomes more complicated. so i wait for 2 smiles :D and then may be again it is just a "smile" then wait for 3 smiles heheheh :)

usually it depends on the gurl and situation, if she is giving smiles to everyone around, i figure it is just a smile and not invitation.

well, good luck, the problem now as Kanelli said is the venue, Bars... well, don't think so, i prefer friends network.

Cheers all

3 smiles? Who is she? One of Picasso's models with 3 mouths arranged all over her head?

Yeah, a girl who is smiling at everyone is possibly off her face...or undertaking synchronised swimming!

Clubs and bars? Not really. Most of the places you go to have a good social drink tend to be too loud and you can't have a decent conversation by shouting in a girls ear. Although a mate of mine used to do quite well with the ladies by shouting something quite suggestive and then changing it...

For example:

(Imagine loud back-beat and much noise of conversation and clinking glasses)

"Hello darling, I could shag you right here!"
Girl in surprise turns, and naturally says "What?!!"
He says: "I said, hello darling, you have a funny right ear!"
Many times he ended up in deep and meaningfuls.

Got caught out by a girl who really was deaf...and had a hearing aid! She heard what he said first time round! He ended up marrying her!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance