A Theif On These Forums!!!! (Must Read)

Topic locked
A theif on these forums!!!! (Must read) Nov 16, 2006
Everyone,

I subscribed to Dubai Forums about two days back and today I got the following message which we got used to it for the past 6 years +. It's a very old way to steel your money.. take care!

The message I got is this:

/////////////////
Hello Dear One,
I want to use this media to solicit for your assistance in transferring my heritage into your bank account. I will be so glad if you can allow and lead me to the right channel towards your assistance to my situation now. I got your contact through my search for a sincere person in http://www.dubaiforums.com , and I know that you will handle this matter with the most urgency.
I am Miss Fatimah Hassan from Ivory Coast in West Africa. It is my desire to contact you on honesty and sincerity to assist me in transferring the sum of $6,500,000(Six Million Five Hundred United States Dollars) inherited from my father late Alhaji Hassan who was a Gold merchant based in Accra and Abidjan to your country for investment.My late father died during last year's rebels attack for the presidential election which was supposed to hold last year.Before his deth last year,he deposited this money in a bank here in my country with an agreement that nobody that withdraw from it until it is being transferred into a foreign partner's bank account which I shall nominte as the next of kin. I am motivated in contacting you and hope to gradually build trust, relationship and confidence in you as I get to know you better.
So please I want to know if you will be of assistance but first I want to get to know you better. I am willing to offer you 15% of the total money for your effort input after the successful transfer of this money and investment. Indicate your interest towards assisting me by sending your phone number and address to me so that I can communicate with you at any time. I will also send across my photo and phone number as soon as you reply this email.Please reply this mail for more information's on how I will need your help.I will be waiting for your response.
Thanks
Fatimah.
/////////////////

I don't know who's this person, but if she/he is a member, I think her/his IP should be banned. The e-mail address I got the message from is fatimah hassan [fatimahhassan0@yahoo.fr]

I'm copying this message on all forums in this website, to ensure no one is fooled by such a person.

Regards,
http://motortown.bravehost.com
http://motortown.freephpnuke.org

MotorTown
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 16, 2006
:spam2: :spam2: :spam2: :spam2: :spam2: :spam2: :spam2:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 30, 2006
i don't pay attention any more for emails like this , since i am getting it on a daily bases ....
is there a place i can report it to btw ???
Protoss
Dubai Forum User

Nov 30, 2006
Protoss wrote: i don't pay attention any more for emails like this , since i am getting it on a daily bases ....

But you posted dear.

Protoss wrote:is there a place i can report it to btw ???

A place? :roll: hmmm..report it to the garbage bin in-charge. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 23, 2007
I don't like to generalise, however, after recently registering to eBay, I learnt of a lot of scammers. I tried selling an item over eBay only to have a scammer pick it up. Luckily I had picked up on it all before sending the item (These scammers are usually affiliated with large criminal groups in South and East Africa [Remember, I don't like to generalise, but it's true]). Obviously, being very excited about my item being 'sold' I was brought right back down to Earth with a thud knowing that I was trying to be scammed. It's not a good feeling, hence why I think the following site is great to get out frustrations when being scammed.

www.419eater.com

A good pay-back site for those damn scammers!! Enjoy :lol:
PTMike
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 23, 2007
You do get these messages there is 1 going around over here that you supposedly have won the spanish lotto which you never entered. As if people are dumb enough to fall for that.

I know what you mean about ebay though if you sell you always going to get some people who will try to pull scams. Its easy to spot though

The best way to avoid it is to check the feedback and check what they bought or sold and never accept payment through bid pay or money transfer whatever else they try to use.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance