Soupie On Relationships - Commitment A Problem?

Topic locked
Soupie on Relationships - Commitment a problem? Aug 14, 2006
Why is commitment such a big problem for a man? I think that for some
reason when a man is driving down that freeway of love, the woman he's
with is like an exit, but he doesn't want to get off there. He wants to
keep driving. And the woman is like, "Look, gas, food, lodging, that's
our exit, that's everything we need to be happy...Get off here, now!" But
the man is focusing on sign underneath that says, "Next exit 27 miles,"
and he thinks, "I can make it." Sometimes he can, sometimes he can't.
Sometimes, the car ends up on the side of the road, hood up and smoke
pouring out of the engine. He's sitting on the curb all alone, "I guess I
didn't realize how many miles I was racking up."

The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all
the same, so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding
is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy.
The tuxedo is a wedding safety device, created by women because they know
that men are undependable. So in case the groom chickens out, everybody
just takes one step over, and she marries the next guy.

- Soupie ;)

nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2006
Aren't there enough car analogies?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 14, 2006
Well, perhaps this should be moved to the Auto section.

I love my cars, but they (both she) will never replace a women. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 14, 2006
Personally, as a man, I think women are the most beautiful creatures on the planet. As a man, I also realise that women are the most dangerous creatures on the planet, who can rip out your heart and burn it to cinders with laser beams from their eyes before you can blink.

Therefore, if you find a woman you like, you must her treat her kindly and carefully at the same time.
^ian^

sheesh! Aug 14, 2006
come on fellas.. you guys are reading too much into it..

nice cartoon btw.. :P

Where's Bushra, Alexandria, and the other gals.. teach us men some errr.. well.. teach us..

write.. read.. opinionate, consort :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Personally, as a man, I think women are the most beautiful creatures on the planet. As a man, I also realise that women are the most dangerous creatures on the planet, who can rip out your heart and burn it to cinders with laser beams from their eyes before you can blink.

Therefore, if you find a woman you like, you must her treat her kindly and carefully at the same time.

have we met?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 14, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Personally, as a man, I think women are the most beautiful creatures on the planet. As a man, I also realise that women are the most dangerous creatures on the planet, who can rip out your heart and burn it to cinders with laser beams from their eyes before you can blink.

have we met?

Possibly, I am famous.
^ian^

Aug 14, 2006
But what is the question? Are you looking for a woman's validation of a man's commitment phobic behaviour? There isn't any real justification for stringing a person along. But its a 2 way street isn't it? Both people need to listen for the others needs, both people need to speak about their own needs. And if both people cannot meet each other's needs in some way, be honest and say so and be sensible and move on. Life is a lot simpler than we make it. We just enjoy the drama that comes with complicating it.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

have we met?

Possibly, I am famous.

:shock: really.....*bats eyelashes* :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Soupie on Relationships - Commitment a problem? Aug 14, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Why is commitment such a big problem for a man? I think that for some
reason when a man is driving down that freeway of love, the woman he's
with is like an exit, but he doesn't want to get off there. He wants to
keep driving. And the woman is like, "Look, gas, food, lodging, that's
our exit, that's everything we need to be happy...Get off here, now!" But
the man is focusing on sign underneath that says, "Next exit 27 miles,"
and he thinks, "I can make it." Sometimes he can, sometimes he can't.
Sometimes, the car ends up on the side of the road, hood up and smoke
pouring out of the engine. He's sitting on the curb all alone, "I guess I
didn't realize how many miles I was racking up."

The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all
the same, so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding
is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy.
The tuxedo is a wedding safety device, created by women because they know
that men are undependable. So in case the groom chickens out, everybody
just takes one step over, and she marries the next guy.

- Soupie ;)

lol soupie u r so funny buddy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but u think that women don't fear commitement??? sometimes women also have the same syndromes of this "phobia" :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 14, 2006
nope i wont comment on it. romance is supposed to be off limits for me for the timebeing :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

hellooo Aug 14, 2006
ok first of, Bushra.. quit hittin' on ian and start a new thread called "hit on me" :P (just kidding)

second.. alexandra alexandra.. how can women have committment issues? you guys were made perfect.. like someone said.. "without a woman, a man wouldn't be complete" ok so no one said it, I did :P

pretty penny.. awww.. u pretty penny.. nice nick :P i agree with 100%, women do enjoy drama a little bit too much.. I guess thats 'cuz patience was built in you.. us men don't really have that patience factor that women do.. thus drama is off limits to us ..

Ok, i'll tell ya this.. I tried threading my eye brows once because my ex girlfriend wanted me to try it since she was getting her manicure/pedicure done and I was just staring at her gettin them done..

Now this is atrue patience test and frankly I didn't have any. how you women can get ur eye brows threaded is beyond, I'll admit, I screamed like a lil' girl.. I'd rather you shoot me then go through that again..

- Soupie (ouchie!) :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: hellooo Aug 14, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:ok first of, Bushra.. quit hittin' on ian and start a new thread called "hit on me" :P (just kidding)

second.. alexandra alexandra.. how can women have committment issues? you guys were made perfect.. like someone said.. "without a woman, a man wouldn't be complete" ok so no one said it, I did :P

pretty penny.. awww.. u pretty penny.. nice nick :P i agree with 100%, women do enjoy drama a little bit too much.. I guess thats 'cuz patience was built in you.. us men don't really have that patience factor that women do.. thus drama is off limits to us ..

Ok, i'll tell ya this.. I tried threading my eye brows once because my ex girlfriend wanted me to try it since she was getting her manicure/pedicure done and I was just staring at her gettin them done..

Now this is atrue patience test and frankly I didn't have any. how you women can get ur eye brows threaded is beyond, I'll admit, I screamed like a lil' girl.. I'd rather you shoot me then go through that again..

- Soupie (ouchie!) :P

women have commitment issues....its true except for me, im perfect, two thumbs up :thumbright::thumbright: . i think we've spoken about this topic in another thread to be honest; im feeling a bit of deja vue.

the whole threading thing isnt too bad, maybe you should go get your body waxed -- its a whole different experience.

oh, and ill hit on whomever i want...as long as my boyfriend doesnt find out..... :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 14, 2006
Don't hit on me, I'm already having relations with someone on DFM.

Edit: That's the trouble with being famous.
^ian^

Aug 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Don't hit on me, I'm already having relations with someone on DFM.

Edit: That's the trouble with being famous.

but the upside is a never ending line of those to, uhh, hit on.. :roll:

hehehe, im famous too :tongue: SO THERE....

just kidding, not about the famous part though, but about the so there part, im famous...in a good way though....naughty people...tsk tsk tsk with your diry minds
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 14, 2006
oh, and how do you have relations with someone who is on a Dubai Forums Member?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 14, 2006
bushra21 wrote:oh, and how do you have relations with someone who is on a Dubai Forums Member?

You're obviously not doing it right.
^ian^

Aug 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
bushra21 wrote:oh, and how do you have relations with someone who is on a Dubai Forums Member?

well then, my young age hinders me once again in this wonderful world....i must learn....*goes to gain experience*
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

well then, my young age hinders me once again in this wonderful world....i must learn....*goes to gain experience*

*opens the door for bushra.. as she steps into the deep dark 'Well of Knowledge' .. * suddenly he hears a thud.. hmmm.. can u swim? :twisted:
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:

*opens the door for bushra.. as she steps into the deep dark 'Well of Knowledge' .. * suddenly he hears a thud.. hmmm.. can u swim? :twisted:

im a she....and i sure hope so seeing as how i was a lifeguard for 4 years :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

yup.. Aug 15, 2006
yes dear I know you're a she... I did not mess with the gender portion at all :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2006
That cartoon posted by Yorkie is freakin' hillarious! Reminds me of someone I know well :wink:
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 15, 2006
sgt_noodles wrote:That cartoon posted by Yorkie is freakin' hillarious! Reminds me of someone I know well :wink:

A pig?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
Let's just say he likes to flirt with the ladies that have had a lil too much to drink. He's such a p*ssy, wouldn't do it when they are in their senses.
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 15, 2006
sgt_noodles wrote:Let's just say he likes to flirt with the ladies that have had a lil too much to drink. He's such a p*ssy, wouldn't do it when they are in their senses.

Like I said, a pig.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
It seems that this forum is some kind of dating service.
Behemot_80
Dubai Forums Member

eh? Aug 22, 2006
dating service? I apologize.. I had warned this fools not to do kissy kissy in a public forum.. sheesh when will they learn?

so what you doing this weekend? :P heheh (just kidding)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance