Solo Or Bunch In Dubai?

Topic locked
Solo or Bunch in Dubai? May 18, 2007
Are you guys solo in Dubai? Or have your families along? If you are alone then is it a temporary situation--your families will tag along soon-- or permanent?
Most people I have seen are "the-brady-bunch" types, few are alone like me.
What about you guys?

EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Solo or Bunch in Dubai? May 18, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Are you guys solo in Dubai? Or have your families along? If you are alone then is it a temporary situation--your families will tag along soon-- or permanent?
Most people I have seen are "the-brady-bunch" types, few are alone like me.

What about you guys?

are u conducting some sort of survery ?

well u can join me , i work at Carrefour at dubai city center . :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 18, 2007
i'm moving to dubai in 3 weeks and comin solo. how is it to meet new people over there, are the folks friendly?
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

May 18, 2007
heeheh...... :lol:

HP: u might of seen me on many occassions...i used to work there and always am around that area.

Nuzbim: making friends here is easy coz most of us r mental cases, deprssed, thrived from our sexual needs...and moody... 8)
guest999

HP wrote:
well u can join me , i work at Carrefour at dubai city center . :oops:

Heheheh :P
Nah, just trying to find lonely souls like me, sigh
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2007
nuzbim wrote:i'm moving to dubai in 3 weeks and comin solo. how is it to meet new people over there, are the folks friendly?

Welcome in advance.
I have met so many terrific people over here, from different nationalities expect UAE locals; I have only dealt with them as customers but they were nice too.
Dubai rocks, hurry!
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

EyeCandyDiva wrote:--- snip ---
What about you guys?

Solo, permanent (at least for now).
But company provides airfare home once per year.
Alternatively, I apply for overseas courses (eg 5 days) in my hometown (or whichever country), so get to have company-sponsored training plus trip home, all expenses paid, to catch up on friends/home. :wink:
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

May 18, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
nuzbim wrote:i'm moving to dubai in 3 weeks and comin solo. how is it to meet new people over there, are the folks friendly?

Welcome in advance.
I have met so many terrific people over here, from different nationalities expect UAE locals; I have only dealt with them as customers but they were nice too.
Dubai rocks, hurry!

thanks from what i've read on here and other places online it should be interesting. i've traveled all over the world and some places people aren't to friendly.

lookin forward to it.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Solo or Bunch in Dubai? May 19, 2007
dubaiforumuser wrote:
What about you guys?

Alternatively, I apply for overseas courses (eg 5 days) in my hometown (or whichever country), so get to have company-sponsored training plus trip home, all expenses paid, to catch up on friends/home. :wink:

That's ingenious!

Diva,

I too am permanently solo (not for long I hope)
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

May 20, 2007
I do live with my family but soon my dads gonna go so I might stay and so yeah will be solo. But I do a lot of ppl who are solo which is kinda cool in some ways. The only thing that would get to you is u might run out of things to do when alone.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

May 20, 2007
nuzbim wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

Welcome in advance.
Dubai rocks, hurry!

thanks from what i've read on here and other places online it should be interesting. i've traveled all over the world and some places people aren't to friendly.

lookin forward to it.

The only catch is the weather; it is so damn hot and humid and it is still spring season! I don't know how'd handle it in summer. Outdoors activities are a no no for next 4 months.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:I do live with my family but soon my dads gonna go so I might stay and so yeah will be solo. But I do a lot of ppl who are solo which is kinda cool in some ways. The only thing that would get to you is u might run out of things to do when alone.

I ran out of things already!!! One can't walk a minute in the street. Am sick of the malls; need more action but I can't perform any activity.
Clubs. Bars. Pubs. Here I come!
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Solo or Bunch in Dubai? May 20, 2007
OHHEG wrote:
dubaiforumuser wrote:
What about you guys?

That's ingenious!

Diva,

You aren't tying the not, are you? :D This is a what I have known a person is going to do to avoid loneliness.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:I do live with my family but soon my dads gonna go so I might stay and so yeah will be solo. But I do a lot of ppl who are solo which is kinda cool in some ways. The only thing that would get to you is u might run out of things to do when alone.

I ran out of things already!!! One can't walk a minute in the street. Am sick of the malls; need more action but I can't perform any activity.

True very true. I might live with a family but I also ran of things since I lived most of my time on my own. But now cause of work and stuff I party on a thursday and friday only provided if I have a holiday on saturday hehe. Btw I dont think weve been introduced. I am Gazi, an old member of Dubai but not as old as the others here. U need any help on the good clubs let me know. I might be able to tell you where to hit.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

May 20, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
nuzbim wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

Welcome in advance.
Dubai rocks, hurry!

lookin forward to it.

The only catch is the weather; it is so damn hot and humid and it is still spring season! I don't know how'd handle it in summer. Outdoors activities are a no no for next 4 months.

that's fine i'm from the middle east and know all about the crazy weather there, so i should be used to it, hopefully.

what are some good night clubs that play house music? are there any?

thanks everyone
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Solo or Bunch in Dubai? May 20, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
OHHEG wrote:
dubaiforumuser wrote:
What about you guys?

That's ingenious!

Diva,

You aren't tying the not, are you? :D This is a what I have known a person is going to do to avoid loneliness.

No, not tying any knots any time soon but looking for rope :wink:
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

May 21, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

True very true. I might live with a family but I also ran of things since I lived most of my time on my own. But now cause of work and stuff I party on a thursday and friday only provided if I have a holiday on saturday hehe. Btw I dont think weve been introduced. I am Gazi, an old member of Dubai but not as old as the others here. U need any help on the good clubs let me know. I might be able to tell you where to hit.

Nice meetin' ya! Well, I have "Connector" magazine that I use as a guide but please do recommend your fav spots.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Solo or Bunch in Dubai? May 21, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
OHHEG wrote:
dubaiforumuser wrote:
What about you guys?

That's ingenious!

Diva,

You are alone? I thought there is that guy stalking you.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

gtmash wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
OHHEG wrote:
dubaiforumuser wrote:
What about you guys?

That's ingenious!

Diva,

gtmash,

What guy or were you talking to Diva?
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

gtmash wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
OHHEG wrote:
dubaiforumuser wrote:
What about you guys?

That's ingenious!

Diva,

If you stalk someone and think this girl will like you and consider you a special someone in her life, think again.
There are many of you I see. It is right; freaks are international!
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
U are just awesome.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

May 23, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

Nice meetin' ya! Well, I have "Connector" magazine that I use as a guide but please do recommend your fav spots.

Well depends on the type of music. If you want trance and house and stuff, usually it is Trilogy in Madinat Jumeirah. If you are into blues or jazz then try out The Blues Bar in Novotel or Jam Base in Madinat Jumeirah again.
If you want just normal Socilaizing then try out Brastis. It is in Jumeirah but dont know where but another place is Bar Zar in Madinat Jumeirah where tuesday 70 dhs for 5 drinks.
If your into Rock music try out Hard Rock as usual or maybe Music Room in Majestic is Bur Dubai-beside Standard Chartered Bank in Al Mankhool Road. Same place is a Sports Bar where there is 2 shots of Jd for the price of One.
Then in Habtoor Grande there is a club called Tube which frankly speaking to me looks like a indoor Gym turned into a Club. hehe
If you're into Trance and House or whatevr the Genre of music people call it the on Friday Faithless and Armand Van Bueren is gonna play in the World Trade Center. 275 would the ticket
If you're into Rock then better be there for AEROSMITH on 31st of may. I am definitely gonna be there.
Then your have Apartments which I forgot where it is but they are into RNB music.
Then you can also Check out Chi in Al Nasr Leisureland near Lamcy Plaza. That place has both Rnb and house. Its a good place too.

I dont party I just live the moment of music.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

May 29, 2007
I am coming solo as well. From my couple of trips to Dubai, it seems like its a place full of couples. I don't know how the single scene is. Even when I've been out, all I see are couples!

Neil
neltron3030
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 29, 2007
neltron3030 wrote:I am coming solo as well. From my couple of trips to Dubai, it seems like its a place full of couples. I don't know how the single scene is. Even when I've been out, all I see are couples!

Neil

I totally agree!

and it's even more so where I live; NOTHING but large British, American or Lebanese families.
OHHEG
Dubai Forums Member

Another solo... Jun 10, 2007
Hi guys,

Another to add to the list of singletons!! I finally moved here 2 weeks ago, with two mate/business partners who are attached/settled down. Till I network new friends, nights out seem to be restricted as to when my mates are allowed out without causing too much conflict with their other halfs...

Just wondered whether there's any gatherings/drinks nights for peeps that are new here?

Luckily in the meantime to kill off some boredom, I have a pal staying over from Uk for the next couple of days. Can anyone suggest a lively place tonight and tmmrw?

Thanks,
FLTD
From London to Dubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 11, 2007
OHHEG wrote:
neltron3030 wrote:I am coming solo as well. From my couple of trips to Dubai, it seems like its a place full of couples. I don't know how the single scene is. Even when I've been out, all I see are couples!

Neil

I totally agree!

and it's even more so where I live; NOTHING but large British, American or Lebanese families.

Probably the reason why you make it a point to make a statement and to confirm that all you see is couples and families is the fact that its not true at all. What sights did you see what you got stepped out of the airport for the first time?

In case you don't believe what your eyes tell you, UAE population has about 3 males for every female.
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 11, 2007
anxiousape wrote:
OHHEG wrote:

Neil

I totally agree!

Probably the reason why you make it a point to make a statement and to confirm that all you see is couples and families is the fact that its not true at all. What sights did you see what you got stepped out of the airport for the first time?

In case you don't believe what your eyes tell you, UAE population has about 3 males for every female.

So wouldn't this confirm this to be even more true? Not only are there families and couples but the rest are just lonely men, no?

Neil
neltron3030
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 11, 2007
Not all females in the populationconstitute a couple or family. Minus the young women below 18, the solo women, and the prostitutes, then there's a LOT of solo men.

I assume many of you have traveled to more than one or two countries.. have you noticed any "gender imbalance"? Because I haven't.
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

3 to 1 ratio Jul 08, 2007
Bloody hell ! Three blokes per gal ay?

I had better bring my own. Now where did I put that foot pump?
sandybottom2005
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance