It Seems Impossible To Have A Serious Relation In Dubai?Why?

Topic locked
It seems impossible to have a serious relation in Dubai?Why? Jan 30, 2008
hola all,
been here for almost a year now, and i have a weird impression that no one is taking serious relations into consideration, why is that so? Why everyone consider this place a temporary location where they can just f**k around till they get back home and only then start something serious, and why all girls are very much concerned about three things (nationality, company and salary) and only based on these they can decide to either start a relation or not? Now don't tell me look at the full half of the glass because honestly i don't believe it exists in this case, i've meet a lot of people since i came to dubai but not a honest and serious one (now don't want to sound deperate but why is it so hard?)...

And then girls complain there are no serious guys in this city...NO COMMENTS...

I would like to hear all of ur commnents, guys and girls...

Thanks for replying

Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
Perhaps you're looking in the wrong spot?

Check underneath your car seat... you might find more than chewing gum and that mobile phone you thought you lost.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2008
unfotunately it's not as easy as u think to socialize with new people in dubai, people are "afraid" of socializing here, not to talk about the nationalities barriers, depending on ur nationality u'll have more or less chances to meet new people...
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
so where do you hang out mr. M....we need a bit more info for us to be able to analyse your particular problem...
oh...and what nationality are you, where do you work and what do you earn...and personally I also love to know what car you drive, so please...if you would...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:so where do you hang out mr. M....we need a bit more info for us to be able to analyse your particular problem...
oh...and what nationality are you, where do you work and what do you earn...and personally I also love to know what car you drive, so please...if you would...

don't make it look so pathetic :D i have a good job and a good salary, won't tell u what car am i driving :glasses2: , i'm arab.
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
good...it can't be the nationality, job or money that's the problem then..
so it must be to do with the way you look, or your personality...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:good...it can't be the nationality, job or money that's the problem then..

I don't think is any of these two, i'm very easy going and a happy person by nature, it seems to be something with the nationality, many people are reluctant of having arab friends, and girls usually think twice before starting anything with an arab (honestly sometimes i can understand why, keeping in mind the "beautiful" reputation some arab has)..

But tell me Mrs. what are usually girls looking for and how to determine if a girl is serious or not?

BTW it seems i'm not the only one having this problem in dubai, don't u think so?
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
Mr. M wrote:many people are reluctant of having arab friends?

There you go. Indeed a lot of ladies absolutely refuse to date Arab men. Not so much because of a bad reputation, more because of bad real experiences.

Dubai is a hub site, also concerning relationships.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2008
Mr. M wrote:many people are reluctant of having arab friends

Nobody I have met is reluctant to have Arab friends. Perhaps the problem is with your definition of 'friends'.

Start out that way... stop trying to pork everything that moves, and life becomes just a little bit simpler.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2008
Mr. M wrote:
mrs Robinson wrote:good...it can't be the nationality, job or money that's the problem then..

I don't think is any of these two, i'm very easy going and a happy person by nature, it seems to be something with the nationality, many people are reluctant of having arab friends, and girls usually think twice before starting anything with an arab (honestly sometimes i can understand why, keeping in mind the "beautiful" reputation some arab has)..

But tell me Mrs. what are usually girls looking for and how to determine if a girl is serious or not?

BTW it seems i'm not the only one having this problem in dubai, don't u think so?

Can't speak for every girl...but I'd say initially they would look for someone that is pleasant to talk to, attentive, has a sense of humour and keeps things light...seems here a lot of the guys get a bit pushy straight away...if a girl likes you, she'll see you again, don't worry....nothing wrong with keeping a bit of distance, a bit of mystery in the initial phase...
and if the chemistry is there, things will move on...and honestly, what kind of car you drive shouldn't even be an issue. If you feel a girl is only after status, she obviously isn't the right one. Now, personally I wouldn't even dream of asking someone how much they earn, do women really ask you that?
Oh and for the record...I have never had any problems with the Arabs I have met.
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

Nobody I have met is reluctant to have Arab friends. Perhaps the problem is with your definition of 'friends'.

Start out that way... stop trying to pork everything that moves, and life becomes just a little bit simpler.

Like it or not but it's true, don't worry i know what the word friends means...and then i said "many" not "all"...i have non-arab friends BTW, being myself only half arab it's easier...

Life is simple buddy, don't take it on ur nerves :D
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
Mr. M wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Like it or not but it's true, don't worry i know what the word friends means...and then i said "many" not "all"...i have non-arab friends BTW, being myself only half arab it's easier...

Life is simple buddy, don't take it on ur nerves :D

Suspect it might be a looks thing then.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:
Mr. M wrote:

Can't speak for every girl...but I'd say initially they would look for someone that is pleasant to talk to, attentive, has a sense of humour and keeps things light...seems here a lot of the guys get a bit pushy straight away...if a girl likes you, she'll see you again, don't worry....nothing wrong with keeping a bit of distance, a bit of mystery in the initial phase...
and if the chemistry is there, things will move on...and honestly, what kind of car you drive shouldn't even be an issue. If you feel a girl is only after status, she obviously isn't the right one. Now, personally I wouldn't even dream of asking someone how much they earn, do women really ask you that?
Oh and for the record...I have never had any problems with the Arabs I have met.

Thanks for you enlighting answer....luckly i don't have that pushy attitude, i believe in the "take it easy and don't rush" concept (doesn't mean show a lack of interest)...
not everyone asked me about how much i earn and even who did, did it always in a very undirect way...
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Mr. M wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Trying to be funny or what? I think the look is a relative thing, some people might like what others don't...and anyway it's not a "looks thing"
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
so you have the right attitude...in our elimination game...looks are left...any specifics...It does help to look fairly fit, fairly tall and fairly clean...
And what nationality girls are you attracted to...maybe that needs looking into...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
Mr. M wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Trying to be funny or what? I think the look is a relative thing, some people might like what others don't...and anyway it's not a "looks thing"

I'm not the one with the problem.
^ian^

Jan 30, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:so you have the right attitude...in our elimination game...looks are left...any specifics...It does help to look fairly fit, fairly tall and fairly clean...
And what nationality girls are you attracted to...maybe that needs looking into...

well i'm fit, a play sport regularly, 6.2 ft+ tall and clean...
U see i've never had any nationality preference, as long as she's not green and from another planet...i'm attracted to honest, sincere and easy going girls, that's it...
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
I'm not the one with the problem.

Now it turned to be a "help for this deperate guy" thing, well it's not! Just want to know you opinion/experiences guys, don't need to be scanned.
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
Mr. M wrote:
mrs Robinson wrote:so you have the right attitude...in our elimination game...looks are left...any specifics...It does help to look fairly fit, fairly tall and fairly clean...

U see i've never had any nationality preference, as long as she's not green and from another planet...i'm attracted to honest, sincere and easy going girls, that's it...

Mr. M...you sound like ideal material....I guess you have just been unlucky....I can only say, don't worry too much...stay cool and take it easy...and avoid Boudoir...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:
Mr. M wrote:

Mr. M...you sound like ideal material....I guess you have just been unlucky....I can only say, don't worry too much...stay cool and take it easy...and avoid Boudoir...

hahahaha why Boudoir? Never really been there...
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
oh....in that case...go there and report back ok....I don't want to influence you beforehand...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
mrs Robinson wrote:oh....in that case...go there and report back ok....I don't want to influence you beforehand...

Yep i'll do that, don't have great expectations thoug
Mr. M
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2008
serious people looking for serious relationship seriously enuff are nearly extinct, so finding serious people looking for a serious relationship is seriously out of question. :?

guess i been working too hard lately :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2008
Jeevan wrote:serious people looking for serious relationship seriously enuff are nearly extinct, so finding serious people looking for a serious relationship is seriously out of question. :?

Get serious the guy is in dire straits :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 30, 2008
I take it all you guys are seriously happy with your lovelives...
so spare a thought for Mr M....
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 30, 2008
Hmm I can suggest you an easy way. Go for an assisted marriage.. The neo Indian way.. Arranged marriage packed in an all new Fresh Bottle.. You dont have to be in the competition to win the best of girls.. Just start a formal courtship with the girl(s) yoa family suggests you/ or perhaps even matrimonial websites.. and then decide for youself.

On the contrary, if u want do date a girl and get into a serious relationship.. u've to search, find, give it time and you must utilize all your skils..
or
just get to know each person as a friend and nothing more.. dont get friendly with anyone with the expectation of a serious or not relationship.... to me thats the best way a relationship can bloom.. and somewhere down the line both of of u'll realize that u've become integral parts of your daily lives..

It may sound passe or even utopian, but it still works that way.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 30, 2008
true...all this love stuff is highly overrated...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:Get serious the guy is in dire straits :wink:

No... THIS GUY is in Dire Straits

^ian^

Jan 31, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Jeevan wrote:serious people looking for serious relationship seriously enuff are nearly extinct, so finding serious people looking for a serious relationship is seriously out of question. :?

he seriously needs to take awalk of life
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2008
Jeevan wrote:
reviewer wrote:

he seriously needs to take awalk of life

I'm thinking about it ...seriously.... :lol:

On the lighter side , I agree with Luci and Mrs. R...lighten up.....start with friendship....and take off that sign in your head ..that says..."Guy looking for serious relationship". Sometimes love doesn't need to be found, it will come in its own time and place..unexpectedly....
:) :)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance