It Seems Impossible To Have A Serious Relation In Dubai?Why?

Topic locked
Feb 14, 2008
Aint nothin to worrry 'bout mate...your's still in fashion.... :lol: :lol:

reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2008
in that case

im accepting resume's for future suitors - just to keep on file, i like to stay organised :lol:
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 14, 2008
ebonics wrote:im accepting resume's for future suitors - just to keep on file, i like to stay organised :lol:

Future referencing I supposed not a bad idea.... :)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 17, 2008
MC wrote:Sometimes, a maybe is fine :wink:

ya .. i learned it the hard way .. a maybe can create lots of confusion .. so can i dont know at times when you dont want to answer .. and silence is another weapon .. but in a relationship .. you need to be with someone who wont even say or ask why even if you killed someone .. or maybe thats what i think ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Re: It seems impossible to have a serious relation in Dubai? Apr 09, 2008
Mr. M wrote:girls are very much concerned about three things (nationality, company and salary) and only based on these they can decide to either start a relation or not? Now don't tell me look at the full half of the glass because honestly i don't believe it exists in this case, i've meet a lot of people since i came to dubai but not a honest and serious one (now don't want to sound deperate but why is it so hard?)...

Sad to say That's true Mr. M .. and there are reasons for that...
for example... reasons like...

01. look at the social structure here in UAE.
02. most expats came here to get a job because they were live a poor life in their home countries.
03. they are singles and they do not expect there will be someone gonna marry with them..

and anybody can list another more reasons...

in Anyway, lifestyle especially in Dubai is sucks and sometimes it could make you feel lonely!

Better to find a hobby for yourself and get addicted with it and no need for more headache and no need to ask what's going on :lol:
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 09, 2008
We're concerned with more than three things I can tell you that straight off!

Things like education - who wants to date someone without a brain!

Sense of humour - making us laugh always goes down well.

Looks - explains itself.

Hygiene, manners, etc..

And for me, height! I've never ever dated anyone under 6ft tall. Fit bod, no-one wants a jelly belly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 09, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:We're concerned with more than three things I can tell you that straight off!

Looks - explains itself.

Hygiene, manners, etc..

And for me, height! I've never ever dated anyone under 6ft tall. Fit bod, no-one wants a jelly belly.

well girl, you made one mistake :) . you thought with the head of smbody who has brain. if you didn't have any, you would not want sense of humor, cos you couldn't tell when smbody was joking, having brains would not be an issue in the 1st place, hygiene, manners usually come with some education.
...and i second the height :wink: . no offence for shorties, but for me a small guy is not a guy at all.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 10, 2008
raidah wrote:...and i second the height :wink: . no offence for shorties, but for me a small guy is not a guy at all.

By the way I'm a short guy 5.5 ft :walk:
but with a big tool :ky:

Meanwhile there are short men get married with so tall women,
Plus to be short or tall will not be that big deal to discuss about...
we are about the mind and the behavior....

I'm a Happy short boy and have no problem to carry my small body except that those two balls :blob:

and I always say This is me I am who i am . you could like me because for who i am as a person as a unique soul or better you leave me alone :study:
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 10, 2008
raidah wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:We're concerned with more than three things I can tell you that straight off!

Looks - explains itself.

Hygiene, manners, etc..

well girl, you made one mistake :) . you thought with the head of smbody who has brain. if you didn't have any, you would not want sense of humor, cos you couldn't tell when smbody was joking, having brains would not be an issue in the 1st place, hygiene, manners usually come with some education.
...and i second the height :wink: . no offence for shorties, but for me a small guy is not a guy at all.

TO Both you GIRLS.....Dont dream so much.

Whom would guys like?

Education - Doesnt matter coz its of no use. I wonder how educate people relate education with Brains.. huh!

Sense of humour - Who needs a joker girl.

Looks - Well Balanced, some of us folkes like bottom heavy, some like top heavy.. but over all.. balance is the key. And having a pathetic face doesnt matter.

Hygiene, manners, etc..

Height -U Wear high heels anyway.. is there a chance to know whats your real height?

[/quote]
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 10, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
raidah wrote:

Looks - explains itself.

Hygiene, manners, etc..

TO Both you GIRLS.....Dont dream so much.

Whom would guys like?

Education - Doesnt matter coz its of no use. I wonder how educate people relate education with Brains.. huh!

Sense of humour - Who needs a joker girl.

Looks - Well Balanced, some of us folkes like bottom heavy, some like top heavy.. but over all.. balance is the key. And having a pathetic face doesnt matter.

Hygiene, manners, etc..

Height -U Wear high heels anyway.. is there a chance to know whats your real height?

[/quote]

somebody is in a bad mood :) . don't know about Chocs, but i don't dream of perfection in a guy, nor do i want it. but brains and humor and a lot of other stuff do matter.

we have met only once and it seemed to me you are both educated, smart and with sense of humor. so don't tell me you would want a girl starring out of her head and not having a clue about anything. :)
raidah

Apr 10, 2008
raidah wrote:somebody is in a bad mood :) . don't know about Chocs, but i don't dream of perfection in a guy, nor do i want it. but brains and humor and a lot of other stuff do matter.

we have met only once and it seemed to me you are both educated, smart and with sense of humor. so don't tell me you would want a girl starring out of her head and not having a clue about anything. :)

Haha lest we turn this into a mutual admiration thread... Thx for those words. :P

I was just making a point.. n glad that its been noted. :) Still no answer from chocs though..
I was point out to some of the no brainer points in that thread..
and to say a short man is no man.. is making a threat n insult to over a billion men. :)

Note that India, china, Baharine, Iraq, Nigeria, USA all 've an avg national height of 5.5 - 5.7 for men. :)

And I dont believe education is a measure of one's smartness or intelligence level. It's just an opportunity that poor countries/people lack
and rich people/countries take for granted. Period. If intelligence was to be measured by education level we'd have to say many of the scientists are braindead and we'd have to write off a lot of very successful men from time unknown(not just with a huge bank balance even otherwise )

But again..
Height -- that depends on whats your view of short men. Agree..
Education -- Chocs could be comparing people whom she interracts with, may be most of her friends/ acq. all come from similar socio/economic backgrounds and hence it could be a good basis for judgement..
All said.. its All cool.

P.S : We've met twice ;)
And you are a stunning person with that hot russian accent :P hahahah i'mma be killed for that :P
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 10, 2008
Well ok, I like someone that can hold a conversation with me, nothing like awkward silences.

Each to their own, but I just have a thing about height, and yes I wear heels most of the time, so that means the guy has to be even taller. I like to look up into a guys eyes, not meet him eye to eye or look down at him. I think it's a genes thing, I like a man to be a man, to feel protected and tall guys give that to me.

I like guys who're funny, being able to make someone laugh is one of the greatest things.

One thing I cannot stand is childish guys, I hate that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Well ok, I like someone that can hold a conversation with me, nothing like awkward silences.

I would prefer her to jump on the table and make monkey noises to awkward silence =/

What you guys mentioned is good enough for dating I guess, but there is so much more if you are looking to be in a committed relationship.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Well ok, I like someone that can hold a conversation with me, nothing like awkward silences.

Each to their own, but I just have a thing about height, and yes I wear heels most of the time, so that means the guy has to be even taller. I like to look up into a guys eyes, not meet him eye to eye or look down at him. I think it's a genes thing, I like a man to be a man, to feel protected and tall guys give that to me.

I like guys who're funny, being able to make someone laugh is one of the greatest things.

One thing I cannot stand is childish guys, I hate that.

Chocs.. different strokes for different folkes..
I like tall girls as well (oh! i'm not tall) ..may b coz I believe in equality :) not to look up or look down . And I've never felt threatened or ashamed of a person's height when ever i've been with a person whom i know well.

But for me what matters is the compatibility, comfort and connection you feel with the other person. I think..sometimes.. its the ability to have a beautiful conversation that would be the decisive quality for a partner.
Perhaps its a bit more....its how you feel when you are with that person that matters(i'm not talkin only abt sexual compatibility here). .. its how independent, confident and well mannered the other person is what matters.. having a beautiful soul is what matters the most.

But all these are trivial when you are in love. :) nothing matters.. all that matters is the love between the two.

P.S : The heels thingy was a generic statement towards almost all women. I've never met you - technically.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:I like a man to be a man, to feel protected and tall guys give that to me.

how about short guys on steroids? do the trick?
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 14, 2008
spoonman wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I like a man to be a man, to feel protected and tall guys give that to me.

how about short guys on steroids? do the trick?

ewww
raidah

Apr 15, 2008
Okay Okay People!! Let the devil speak!! lol

First of all as few people mentioned is a the social structure in dubai. How!! hmm!! I dont mean to offend anyone at all!!

Been living here since I was born and all. Now before the white expats and asians like filipinoes and all. This place was filled with less of arabs as in u have the locals and few migratory ones and the whole place was filled with sub-continent asians like Indies, Pak, Sri lankans, Bangladeshi etc. We worked ourselves like anything and got this country where it stands and all. But since then us asians are very conservative and all and still few people are.

Because of which if its like preferable to have a relationship with people in our community and all. U hardly find a sub continent asian with an arab or a white expat husband or vice versa.

Then when the so called development hit Dubai. U go to any bar where mostly u find hooke.rs or u find the place is filled with males mostly than females. Cuz every guy wants one thing which is the reason females are more reluctant.

Mr M. u might be one of those genuine cases which exists in one in a thousand who would wanna have a serious relationship with a female. But u need to approach her right. Cuz other wise the female thinks u just lookin for a one night stand.

I know there are lot of females who also have fun which infact is not with any or every guy. Either the guy is loaded or is damn good looking or knows how to talk to her.

The percentage of male population here in dubai is not equal to the female population I believe and which makes guys thing stand up and if he cant find a female he rather go get himself a Hook.er. And face it!! its a fact in Dubai. And pretty difficult to find. Plus the nice so called clubs in Dubai are so racist they wont let u enter specially sub continent asians.

Because they have a notion us asians are dirty and stuff!! Bloody hell the club was built by us and not like every guy out there is dirty. I go to clubs for the music cuz I can't live without it. Everytime I get stopped even if I am dressed right attire. And the worst part is in all the white folks around me they always for some damn reason had to pick me and much worse the security guy after he catches me and all makes another asian check me like I am some kind of trash!!

Due to which say u look for a chick like u wanna hit on in the club, u cant, cuz she just say u outside getting caught to enter illegally or something. This has happened to me so many times even when I am with my white colleagues.

There are so many factors which needs to be straight to cause a relationship first and then go for the later part. But if the first impression sucks then ur screwed.

I went to bangkok. I had the money and I was treated like a king or something and I met girls, hooked up with them, went out partying, para sailing and loads of things. I couldve easily made a relationship.

But Dubai doesnt give u the chance to do that. Its is so artificial that even puke looks better!! U just gotta wait thats all I can say unless u get lucky!! And frankly speaking since ur white u have a better chance!!

Neways happy hunting!! I hope u get someone for a serious relationship though I myself believe in none because of Dubai!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 15, 2008
Thats a very cynical view.. I dont subscribe to that..I've never been stoped.. unless ofcourse for going stags into a night club. But I got in after a friend came in to rescue. Anyway, I dont believe that holds any ground in the context of this discussion.. I've a number of friends who are into cross ethnic relationships here..
And the most valuable Playa i've met and who's a friend of mine happens to be a Pakisthani. :P not a white boy. :D :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 25, 2008
Well man as Ian said ur lookin in the wrong place
here mostly people are fun loving, scared or pessimists
so they are not really serious enough or are scared that it will be heart broken at the end
Find some one who watches a lot of hinid movies and believes in "happy ever after"
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 26, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:Thats a very cynical view.. I dont subscribe to that..I've never been stoped.. unless ofcourse for going stags into a night club. But I got in after a friend came in to rescue. Anyway, I dont believe that holds any ground in the context of this discussion.. I've a number of friends who are into cross ethnic relationships here..
And the most valuable Playa i've met and who's a friend of mine happens to be a Pakisthani. :P not a white boy. :D :D

That again depends on what kind of music u cater to and what type of crowds. Being mostly clubs filled with desi music which probably u might go and also enter but I have faced it always in scarlets in emirates towers. Yes why not whats the harm in entering stag. I see a whiteboy entering stag so why not me. Though we both are properly dressed. Well then again its the experience which tells. My experience has always been that way. What u want me to go to a mall and check out a female and stalk her as in find the right moment to ask her out for a date and then get caught by the cops which frankly can happen in other places not in dubai. So I wanna go to a club so to hit on females!! Why not I really dont understand!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Hey May 23, 2008
LoL i guess dubai is a heaven for guys! the bars are great! the people are just so friendly! barasti is like the best place ever! but ya i would agree with the nationality part! being a pakistani i did have some problems starting a convo but later on being a British Asian it wasnt as bad!! LoL so ney gals looking for a Pakistani / Jobless / 0.00Aed a Month !! LoL!!
Taimoor
Dubai Forum Visitor

relationships May 23, 2008
Im a white boy from usa and wondering what ratio is men to women.
spookservices.com
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 23, 2008
well to be true the ratio is quite bad!! lol i guess one gal for every 5 men!! lol and ya one more thing is arabic girls hardly know english so this makes it like kinda tough!! but with all the expats it goes all good!! ;)
Taimoor
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 25, 2008
hola all,
been here for almost a year now, and i have a weird impression that no one is taking serious relations into consideration, why is that so? Why everyone consider this place a temporary location where they can just f**k around till they get back home and only then start something serious, and why all girls are very much concerned about three things (nationality, company and salary) and only based on these they can decide to either start a relation or not? Now don't tell me look at the full half of the glass because honestly i don't believe it exists in this case, i've meet a lot of people since i came to dubai but not a honest and serious one (now don't want to sound deperate but why is it so hard?)...

And then girls complain there are no serious guys in this city...NO COMMENTS...

I would like to hear all of ur commnents, guys and girls...

Thanks for replying

If things are not going the way you want then most probably you’re not doing the right things!!

It’s either your Outer game, Inner game, Techniques or your Social activities which is wrong.

More input on your problem might help us in solving it!!...Something like…Is getting dates an easy job or a hard job for you?...from 1 to 10 how much do you rate your self?...btw…it’s not how your face look…it’s the full package…your look, your style, your cleanliness, your posture, your masculinity, your weight…etc!!...how do you handle things & issues normally?
blue226
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance