Practicality Or Magic?

Topic locked
Practicality or Magic? Jun 05, 2005
Everyday Classified Section of a leading newspaper here in UAE, carried an ad for a BACHELORS LOOKING FOR A PERFECT WIFE, PARENTS FOR THEIR LOVELY DAUGTHER, AND A SUCCESSFUL LADY FOR A LIFETIME PARTNER. An arrange marriage.

Juz wanna ask, are you goin'to marry without the magic? I mean the spark of love.

sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 05, 2005
Good point. I read that in a paper and was blown away by the fact people were basically pimping out there relatives out in the paper! But far from me to say what is right or wrong in someone's culture. I heard of arranged marriages, but ads! Are they that bad?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2005
Well I guess they meet up b4 they marry so if there is a spark let the heat be on! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
But many of these marriages happen so fast, and the couple only meet in the presence of other family members, so how can you get to know one another.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

uh! Jun 06, 2005

as the song goes..." GOT TO BELIEVE IN MAGIC"

and i still prefer this...
having magic or feeling that KABOOM! ( spark!) to someone.

as i always say to myself...if other girls/women are praying to marry the one they love. my prayer is humbly wary that
I LOVE THE MAN THAT IM GOING TO MARRY...

to those fixed/practicality (as you say)
they say that love can be develop as the relationship goes
hmm...right..

but its not really my cup of tea..
countess yayie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 06, 2005
Marriage is already a scary idea, let alone to marry before you even get to know someone! I couldnt possibly see getting married until the relationship has some years under it's belt. But I guess getting married first and falling in love later is better than being in love first and getting divorced later.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2005
Many relationships fail in the West cos the couple don't discuss their "needs" b4 the marriage. I hate those ppl who marry and divorce more than 6 times and they say "I learned from life and it's making me strong" like Elizabeth Taylor. It's all BS. 6 times she married and still can't differentiate between love and losers most of em who married her was either for money, prestige or corporeal pleasures which is temporary like prostitution, that's the reason most of the marriages in Hollywood end up too early cos most of em are gregarious and when they meet somebody new they think "I guess I married the wrong person" ,; so they arent sincere and steadfast in their decision.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
Yeah, marriage has become more of a fashion statement than anything else. "Oh, she would be great as my wife for the summer!"
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Practicality or Magic? Jul 11, 2005
Your question regarding arranged marriages is interesting. I made me think of it for a while. Because I am also planning to get married soon. So this question is relevent in my case as well.

I would like to put forward my openion about this. For those who can't find time or opportunity for starting an affiar, arranged marriage is the only option. Opportunity is important. I know in love marriage we can get to know our parterners pluses and minuses better so in future there won't be much tension.

Lovingly yours,
Shravan
shravanz@yahoo.com
050-5133604
Shravan
Dubai Forum User

Jul 12, 2005
Whhhaaaaatttttt!

How can you possibly get to know someone if you only meet them for the first time just before you get married! It takes years to really get to know someone inside and out.

Plus what the heck is the difference between advertising for a wife and dating agency adverts - which are banned! - It's just stupid.

Sure advertise and find yourself a spouse, but you can do the same and find someone to date, who could also potentially end up being your partner.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 12, 2005
If you want to find someone, then you have to make the effort and put yourself out there. Advertising for a husband or wife to me is like trying to sell a car!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

arrange marriage?? no way! Jul 12, 2005
although it seems to be a very practical idea...

but to be able to find someone who will be your partner for life, might need more than just a AD to give you that "spark"...

all of us (unmarried) sometimes are too busy to look for a partner, but i dont really think that we should really look for it, i mean, for me, all it takes is an open mind and open eyes. just be aware of the environment, i mean, love moves in mysterious ways (just like the song)... some says love is where you least expected it.

the bottomline is, you need to know the person, go out and spend time together, then after that, you can decide if you feel somethin' or not...
overrun
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 13, 2005
Overrun, I think you're right, if you go looking for it, it never happens.

And when you're not looking you can bump into someone that blows you away.

For example I was happily going out with friends having a good time, doing the clubbing rounds etc, then a mate invited me out for a quiet drink with some other friends of hers, I really wasn't in the mood but she persuaded me and I eventually went. Anyway ended up chatting to this guy friend of hers for most of the night and we really hit it off, all agreed to meet up for a movie the next day, then a clunning night out and now we've been together nearly a year.

So you see things sometimes just happen, I don't know how long we'll be together, we're still getting to know one another, but for now we're both very happy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance