Men And Women Can't Be 'Just Friends' ( Study )

Topic locked
Men and Women Can't be 'Just Friends' ( Study ) Oct 24, 2012
http://goo.gl/fnyzZ

"New research suggests that there may be some truth to this possibility—that we may think we’re capable of being “just friends” with members of the opposite sex, but the opportunity (or perceived opportunity) for “romance” is often lurking just around the corner, waiting to pounce at the most inopportune moment."

So if anyone has a close friendship with the opposite gender , you're setting yourself up for a fall :bounce:

zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Men And Women Can't Be 'Just Friends' ( Study ) Oct 24, 2012
What rubbish! I have and have always had very close male friends without any romantic interest whatsoever. I think it depends on the people at the end of the day, but for me my best mates have always been guys - women can be too bitchy and aren't always honest with you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Lets hear it for the boys!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Well these studies dont necessarily reflect the entire population , no doubt , imho , women generally tend not to draw clear lines in any nonsexual relationship , this situation usually gets exasperated when alcohol or some other intoxicant is in place leading to all that unwanted phsyical contact , And im sure there are exceptions , but generally speaking I would agree to a certain extent with this study , Ofcourse if the male friend is a h0m0 then im sure women let their defenses down almost completely
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

zubbber wrote:Well these studies dont necessarily reflect the entire population

You got that right! The research was done with college students. I remember college...

zubbber wrote:women generally tend not to draw clear lines in any nonsexual relationship

The research says, it is men who cannot draw the line...
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Some kids nowadays have 'friends with benefits'. They can be friends, have se.x.ual relationships but not be romatically involved. They don't seem to feel the need for a romantic involvement.
In some ways this can be a benefit as there is none of the heartache when one of them moves on.

In my younger days, it was frowned on to sleep around but not so much nowadays. I'm not judging anyone, it just seems to be the way a lot of young people are these days.

As long as they are aware of the dangers, I think it's up to the individual what they do with their lives.

Of course parents will try to instil their values on their children.

I think I'm capable of having a friendship with a man without romance.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Some kids nowadays have 'friends with benefits'. They can be friends, have se.x.ual relationships but not be romatically involved. They don't seem to feel the need for a romantic involvement.

I am learning about this recently. About two years ago during a concert I met two ladies. They were friends of a companion that evening. One was absolutely gorgious, I remember that. Later in the car, both started to discuss which guy from a list to call. Both called and arranged what later appeared to be a sleepover se.x date that evening. Later this whole process was explained to me. This was all new to me. Times are changing.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FD, this is what i meant , when women become very friendly with a guy , they forget to remember that , their male friend is still capable of being aroused , so they might be innocently be more touchly feely with the guy , and the guy with time starts thinking maybe there could be something there , eventually getting blown off by the LJBF ("Lets Just Be Friends") line

BM, Yes unfortunately that trend is catching on many asian countries also , society in general is going to the dogs so as to speak , apparently the differene between animals and humans are becoming more more non existent.
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Why do you say unfortunately Zubber? If both parties are willing and able, where's the problem?

Lots of people are happy with their lives spent as singles but want a healthy s.ex life.

If no animals or children are harmed, I don't judge.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Men And Women Can't Be 'Just Friends' ( Study ) Oct 26, 2012
The problem is what relaxed attitudes towards intercourse leads to , the root of the problem being objectification of women, destruction of the family unit , increase in STD"s , higher divorce rates , all of which leading to the complete and utter moral decay of society , as is the case in most developed countries , and that trend is catching on , Sad isnt it :)
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Men And Women Can't Be 'Just Friends' ( Study ) Oct 03, 2014
zubbber wrote:FD, this is what i meant , when women become very friendly with a guy , they forget to remember that , their male friend is still capable of being aroused , so they might be innocently be more touchly feely with the guy , and the guy with time starts thinking maybe there could be something there , eventually getting blown off by the LJBF ("Lets Just Be Friends") line

It is all about context and proper boundaries.

BM, Yes unfortunately that trend is catching on many asian countries also , society in general is going to the dogs so as to speak , apparently the differene between animals and humans are becoming more more non existent.

Consensual se.x between adults is pretty much ok for me. Murder, rape, violent robberies, pickpocketing, the Greek national debt etc. worry me more.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance