Marrying Within Your Own Religion

Topic locked
Aug 06, 2008
Raya wrote:
Islam is still a very strong religion. Will it remain as strong in years to come or will younger muslims begin to defy certain aspects of it ?

Is it really marriage between different religions that is the issue, or is it a conflict between different cultures ?

Islam is not outdated and it will never be...Islam goes with all times.
Islam is the fastes growing religion in the world. People all over the world are muslims it doesn't matter what nationality or culture you have.

A marriage between two different cultures can work out if you both have the same religion.

Edit due to the content being complete drivel - mod

firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2008
And just because I'm a moderator, I'm not entitled to an opinion? I'll say what I like thank you very much and just because my opinions differ from your doesn't make them sick! I think yours are sick!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 06, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:And just because I'm a moderator, I'm not entitled to an opinion? I'll say what I like thank you very much and just because my opinions differ from your doesn't make them sick! I think yours are sick!

you are the boss.

but know this choco and regardless of our on going non stop arguments all over the forum, there is a different between living a freedom life style and living a jungle one.

Review your posts, you want a world with no roles or restrictions what so ever , god knows we all wish the same, however, it is wrong , there has to be limits and order for everything.

Principles and believes are a one soul and guidness to his or her life.if you are trying to show others you are librated, then dear you are doing it the wrong way.

I lived in USA (the land of freedom) for 5 years and never met someone who has no Principles and believes like you , take it as a Constructive criticism.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 06, 2008
Clearly you don't know me very well then, because I do have principles and I've never said rules aren't necessary. Once again you just read and see what you want to see of someone, not what is actually there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:As far as I can see pretty much all religions are outdated, they don't move with the times so young people in particular cannot relate to them anymore.

What she said is what I almost hear from others when it comes to applying religion in todays modern world. Can some one from a religious background answer me on that? Why all major religions came into existence hundreds/thousands of years ago? Why not a new religion for present times? Are we left on our own by our Lord? Should we adopt any of the religions by sort of following it like the people at that time of that religion followed it? Or should we bend it to our needs or we instead go back in time?

Most of the followers of a religion say that their religion is for all times yet for example in the islamic world there are lot of people who oppose photography, oppose music, oppose just about any other stuff on the face that it is being done by non muslims etc. In some countries recently the law is there for a woman to have her picture stamped on the ID card as a must? I mean to say maybe a true religion is for all times but people try to stick/implement/interpret it differently. If a certain religion brought humanity to a nation at that time (for example islam when it addressed the ills of arab society) then that religion can not be bad, its just that today we are interpreting it completely different. Religion should solve problems not become a problem by itself.

In my opinion say 90% of the people of religion do not really understand the essence or the message it carries rather we are only slaves of its rituals and not the message it wants to convey. Had we listened to it there be no killings on the name of religion today.

Warm regards
dubai1970
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 12, 2008
Well in terms of modern day religions you have kabbalah and Scientology - ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh we're all aliens! Probably not far from the truth.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Well in terms of modern day religions you have kabbalah and Scientology - ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh we're all aliens! Probably not far from the truth.

extension of Judaism and Christianity of some sort although there is no direction connection. I thought aliens live only in America ;-) do these new religions originate from there?

Warm Regards
dubai1970
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 22, 2008
Hi Firefingersx,

Im not trying to convense/convert Chocoholic, if Allah swt wants to guide her he will...Im just doing little bit of Da3wa :wink:
Raya
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 24, 2008
Not gonna happen sweets. I'm strong in my convictions.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 24, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Not gonna happen sweets. I'm strong in my convictions.[/quote

Im sure you are hon, but you can't look into the future right ?
So you don't know what's gonna happen and how you gonna be feeling in a couple of years.

salaams for you
Raya
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance