How Much Compromise

Topic locked
how much compromise May 15, 2009
love is there and is genuine, but other things that matter are missing and keep going on missing despite your efforts to bring them out.

how much do you, should you compromise?

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 15, 2009
if love involved then as much as you can, but situation and time will tell when enough is enough. there's a thin line between compromising and being stupid.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 15, 2009
xty wrote:if love involved then as much as you can, but situation and time will tell when enough is enough. there's a thin line between compromising and being stupid.

I think you make a good point here.

The situation is very important also. Consider this for example;

You work all day long, perhaps overwork. You see eachother in the little hours (which is not uncommon since research shows that people walk around 2/3 of the time with collegues than with family and loved ones in a lifetime).
These little hours must really make the difference in my opinion. Sure we can compromise a little, but it should not be habit. Compromise happens when people that have different backgrounds and interest, are adapting to eachothers intrinsic and genuine love. Genuine love must be a prerequisite of course, otherwise the relationship is doomed to fail from the beginning.

As long as your man/woman adapts to your circumstances, makes you feel like the loved one, suprises you on occassion. Leaves the door with you without always having friends to meet with at the same time. Just you two with a dose of romance and treasury then all is good in my opinion.
However, it comes both ways logically.

In the end, you should think about your future together. Also your future after work or when you will be around that person during the entire days (like after retirement). How can you keep the flame going without having to think to yourself: Did I make a mistake in my younger years? Did I comprise too much on my well-being because of my hard work and tiring days back then?

It would be good for people to look ahead and do an early assessment/self reflection to make up what they really want in life. Don't get unhappy in the long run, because you will regret it one day.

Be sharp in the younger years and you'll enjoy it later on !

Good luck
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 16, 2009
RobbyG wrote:It would be good for people to look ahead and do an early assessment/self reflection to make up what they really want in life. Don't get unhappy in the long run, because you will regret it one day.

That's one good point.
I'm in that situation at the moment. Have a really big dilemma and need to "choose" which way. But "attachment" makes it very complicated. But I agree that we need to look far in the future.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: how much compromise May 17, 2009
raidah wrote:love is there and is genuine, but other things that matter are missing and keep going on missing despite your efforts to bring them out.

An absolute NO.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2009
people dont have time to wait or compromise
but sometime u get what u want but still u dont like it
and thought about it... that may b compromise was better

but really compromise and stupidity have thin line between

u learn things by your patience and compromise
in matter of love... haste makes waste!:)
and remmeber u can clap with two hands willing!
asimkh
Dubai Forum User

Re: how much compromise May 19, 2009
raidah wrote:love is there and is genuine, but other things that matter are missing and keep going on missing despite your efforts to bring them out.

Be specific..

Sure, comprise is a good thing most of the time, but it has to be reciprocal, and done out of love, not coercion

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2009
depends on situation
osp_ishamayrub
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance