How Can You Tell If A Guy Really Likes You?

Topic locked
How can you tell if a guy really likes you? Jan 03, 2006
Hi,

Here's an interesting question: How can you tell if a guy really likes you or if he's just flirting for the fun of it?

Theres this guy that I really like and I think/thought he likes me too. But I'm not so sure now. He used to flirt with me a lot and seek opportunities to talk to me. He used to ask me to join him when he went out with his friends and he used to buy me drinks. Now we hardly talk. I never told him how I felt 'cos he used to talk about girls all the time even around me, a normal thing I was told by my male friends. So, now I think if he ever was interested he may have lost interest 'cos I never showed him that I was interested or that he was just flirting and it didn't mean anything. Worst thing is, I think he's started seeing someone........

What do u think? I'd really like to hear what the guys think.......

Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 03, 2006
1st of all this shud be in the romance section,,,,,,,,,anyway.......what i think the guy liked u at the start.....and he was flirtin with u... for him it was like do r die.....if he gets u ,well and gud otherwise no probs..........coz if he liked he wud have never talked abt other gurls around u.....maybe sometimes to make u jealous but not always.....so as u didnt show interest so he backed up coz he couldnt waste more time for u.....well thats wht i thing.......but u know things better.....at the end u have to make the decision :)
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 03, 2006
i think you are the only one to judge, usually if he likes you, i think you can feel it. if he is just flirting, i think you can tell that he will seek opportunities to be sleazy with you, but if he treated you with respect, that means he likes you.

I don't agree that he would go for other gurl as he don't want to waste time on you. If he likes you, he would not care about the time it takes to show it to you espcially i tink you were also giving him slow response, but you were giving response at least. as you said you go out with him and his friends and he buys you drinks or whateva.

good luck, i myself get confused about gurl who like me and a gurl who is just being nice.
yshimy

Jan 03, 2006
yshimy wrote:i think you are the only one to judge, usually if he likes you, i think you can feel it. if he is just flirting, i think you can tell that he will seek opportunities to be sleazy with you, but if he treated you with respect, that means he likes you.

I don't agree that he would go for other gurl as he don't want to waste time on you. If he likes you, he would not care about the time it takes to show it to you espcially i tink you were also giving him slow response, but you were giving response at least. as you said you go out with him and his friends and he buys you drinks or whateva.

good luck, i myself get confused about gurl who like me and a gurl who is just being nice.

Thanks yshimy. I guess ur right and in a way i guess u just said what i wanted to hear. I know that when he talks to me, I feel like he likes me, but not 100% sure. I heards him talking about a girl, dunno if that was to make me feel jelous or his way of moving on..........
Problem is, I really don't know how to approach him. What do I say? I don't want to come on too strong. We work in the same company, so it's a bit tricky...........
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 03, 2006
wooo, well, got to be careful, if it went bad it will be bad for long as you get a face to face interaction with him on daily basis and you will hate going to work.
My advice is ... be smooth in developing it, give him opportunities, but don't move by yourself, let him take the move and you accept it. nice smile is good, good morning in the begining of the day and a chat whenever possible. whenever there is opportunity to go out with him whether alone or in group take it. and when in group try to be in side talks with him. give him the chance and then accept it. but don't take the move yourself, as i think gurls are like princesses, they shouldn't approach, they only be approached.

Good luck and keep us updated :D
yshimy

Jan 03, 2006
yshimy wrote:wooo, well, got to be careful, if it went bad it will be bad for long as you get a face to face interaction with him on daily basis and you will hate going to work.
My advice is ... be smooth in developing it, give him opportunities, but don't move by yourself, let him take the move and you accept it. nice smile is good, good morning in the begining of the day and a chat whenever possible. whenever there is opportunity to go out with him whether alone or in group take it. and when in group try to be in side talks with him. give him the chance and then accept it. but don't take the move yourself, as i think gurls are like princesses, they shouldn't approach, they only be approached.

Good luck and keep us updated :D

I'll try that.......
Thanx..
Thanx yshimy......
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
seriously girl i know what u r talking about...im always confused when it comes to guys..and i never knwo how to approach a guy i like..but ive been through the same thing ...and i was crazy about a guy for more than a year..and i thought he liked me aswell but we just stopped talking and he is with some one else now..i never told him i liked him but i know that he knew..(through some friends)..honestly im happy that we never became a couple...cuz he is not the kinda person i wanna live with the rest of my life
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Re: How can you tell if a guy really likes you? Jan 04, 2006
Queen22 wrote:Hi,

Here's an interesting question: How can you tell if a guy really likes you or if he's just flirting for the fun of it?
What do u think? I'd really like to hear what the guys think.......

Sweetheart ,

Different people have different opinion , but fayz habibi address this question in his book" Like a Virgin". He writes " as after looking at a girl , you can not find if she is virgin or non-virgin , in the same way , you can not find if a guy is flirting or really caring ". But in his recent interiew to "play Boy" TV , Fayz habibi says" ask the guy to get married , if he comes , he is yours and if not , he was never ". Unlike fayz habibi ,D-Until has different opinion ...................to be continued .............
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 04, 2006
D-Unti explains differently in her best seller book" flirting guide to copenhagen". She says" more i meet boys ,more i love my dog". It reveals dat she has 0 % faith in boys. The question is why have boys lost their faith? The reason is hormones. One can see arabic Pie at different shopping centers exchaging mobile no and hoping that they will get S(e)x in coming days and it never happen before their marriage:0).

PS"Well i better sleep ,tomorrow alarm ll make me awake up at 6.30 :(, everyday ,i awake up and check my bank account through net banking ,if i dont have one billion i go at work :( . Tomorrow my boss is not coming , so i ll be free Man ......Taa taa people
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 04, 2006
okay is it just me or did that just not make any sense??? ill try reading it again..
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2006
aduberdu wrote:1st of all this shud be in the romance section,,,,,,,,,anyway.......what i think the guy liked u at the start.....and he was flirtin with u... for him it was like do r die.....if he gets u ,well and gud otherwise no probs..........coz if he liked he wud have never talked abt other gurls around u.....maybe sometimes to make u jealous but not always.....so as u didnt show interest so he backed up coz he couldnt waste more time for u.....well thats wht i thing.......but u know things better.....at the end u have to make the decision :)

Sorry guys but I have to agree with this. Because you never showed him you liked him but still went out, you've been put in the 'friend' category. Guys have a short attention span - sorry blokes! They'll only chase for so long, then if they don't get a reaction, they assume your not interested, get bored and move onto the next girl. Guys are very predictable in this matter. Maybe he should have been a bit more forward in his reactions, but he was obviously waiting to get the come one from you, but never got the signal.

Judging by the way he was treating you and seeking your attention, he was dead keen, but you showed no interest so he took it as a rejection. Guys love the chase but will only do it for so long before they get bored.

If he's now with someone else and he's happy, he probably won't thank you for trying to move in now, you've missed your chance. Be friends and see if there's any interest again, but for now I'd leave it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2006
HP wrote:D-Unti explains differently in her best seller book" flirting guide to copenhagen". She says" more i meet boys ,more i love my dog". It reveals dat she has 0 % faith in boys. The question is why have boys lost their faith? The reason is hormones. One can see arabic Pie at different shopping centers exchaging mobile no and hoping that they will get S(e)x in coming days and it never happen before their marriage:0).

PS"Well i better sleep ,tomorrow alarm ll make me awake up at 6.30 :(, everyday ,i awake up and check my bank account through net banking ,if i dont have one billion i go at work :( . Tomorrow my boss is not coming , so i ll be free Man ......Taa taa people

Ok, HP, ur not making any sense!!! What r u tryin to say???
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
aduberdu wrote:1st of all this shud be in the romance section,,,,,,,,,anyway.......what i think the guy liked u at the start.....and he was flirtin with u... for him it was like do r die.....if he gets u ,well and gud otherwise no probs..........coz if he liked he wud have never talked abt other gurls around u.....maybe sometimes to make u jealous but not always.....so as u didnt show interest so he backed up coz he couldnt waste more time for u.....well thats wht i thing.......but u know things better.....at the end u have to make the decision :)

Sorry guys but I have to agree with this. Because you never showed him you liked him but still went out, you've been put in the 'friend' category. Guys have a short attention span - sorry blokes! They'll only chase for so long, then if they don't get a reaction, they assume your not interested, get bored and move onto the next girl. Guys are very predictable in this matter. Maybe he should have been a bit more forward in his reactions, but he was obviously waiting to get the come one from you, but never got the signal.

Judging by the way he was treating you and seeking your attention, he was dead keen, but you showed no interest so he took it as a rejection. Guys love the chase but will only do it for so long before they get bored.

If he's now with someone else and he's happy, he probably won't thank you for trying to move in now, you've missed your chance. Be friends and see if there's any interest again, but for now I'd leave it.

Chocaholic,

Very wise stuff u said i have to admit! I think ur probably right. But, I still think there might be a little bit of hope left. For example, as I was reading ur message, he walked by my office and smiled. And it was not just a normal smile. Anyway, I think he's probably at a stage where he's thinking of seeing other ppl but he's not 100% sure yet that he wants to give up on me. This is all ofcourse assuming he likes me!! I'll keep you updated on what happens (I feel like this is a soap opera or something). But wish me luck, and thanx for the advice...........
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
according to ma personal experience.....most of the girls dont know what they want... r i shud say in this way......they dont know if they like the guy r not......they stay cool with the guy sometimes they cross the friendship line... but still they dont know if they like the guy unless its to late.......no offense to girls but guys get irritated and if the guy really likes a girl, it wud hurt him.......i think this is the point where girl shud brush up their thoughts and think abt it sometimes....... r its just the girl thing probably!!!! 8)
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 04, 2006
aduberdu wrote:according to ma personal experience.....most of the girls dont know what they want... r i shud say in this way......they dont know if they like the guy r not......they stay cool with the guy sometimes they cross the friendship line... but still they dont know if they like the guy unless its to late.......no offense to girls but guys get irritated and if the guy really likes a girl, it wud hurt him.......i think this is the point where girl shud brush up their thoughts and think abt it sometimes....... r its just the girl thing probably!!!! 8)

Actually, I'll admit I didn't know if I liked him or not. As in, I wasn't sure if I was just enjoying the attention or if I really liked him. Now I know that I like him. And I can totally understand that he may be irritated, fed up or whatever. But at the end of the day, if 2 ppl really like each other and they admit it to themselves and to one another, they can be together, move on and forget about what happened in the past. That’s the way I see it and that's what I'm hoping is gonna happen...............
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
Queen22 wrote:
aduberdu wrote:according to ma personal experience.....most of the girls dont know what they want... r i shud say in this way......they dont know if they like the guy r not......they stay cool with the guy sometimes they cross the friendship line... but still they dont know if they like the guy unless its to late.......no offense to girls but guys get irritated and if the guy really likes a girl, it wud hurt him.......i think this is the point where girl shud brush up their thoughts and think abt it sometimes....... r its just the girl thing probably!!!! 8)

Actually, I'll admit I didn't know if I liked him or not. As in, I wasn't sure if I was just enjoying the attention or if I really liked him. Now I know that I like him. And I can totally understand that he may be irritated, fed up or whatever. But at the end of the day, if 2 ppl really like each other and they admit it to themselves and to one another, they can be together, move on and forget about what happened in the past. That’s the way I see it and that's what I'm hoping is gonna happen...............

dont worry......i wasnt sayin that u r totally wrong its cool......the only thing right now is that it has to be u who has to do the talkin r confessing.......dont make it fast. dont make it late either.......start hanging around with him then when u feel u can talk 2 him without barriers then u can express ur feelings to him
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 04, 2006
But I'm sure his girlfriend may not be very happy you suddenyl wanting to hang out with her guy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:But I'm sure his girlfriend may not be very happy you suddenyl wanting to hang out with her guy.

Wait a sec., I didn't say he had a girlfriend. Maybe he's gone out with her a few times, but that doesn't make them officially a couple, know what I mean? If I do make a move, she'll be pushed aside and out of the way. Not worried about her at all. Besides, he's known me for a lot longer....
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
Ah OK, sorry.

Just take it easy though, you need to find out how interested he is in her and if she has any interest in him.

Also don't mean to be the doom and gloom person, but guys love women fighting over them, and I hope he won't be the kind to mess about and revel in the attentions of two women. Many blokes will try to have their cake and eat it.

Show him you're interested and get in there girl!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2006
Hay,
i do agree to certain points, but i still insist on DON'T EXPRESS yourself to him. That is our role as guys to do. Just be around him, make him comfortable, show interest in him and he will feel comfortable to express himself.

Men were created to take the moves. (i'm bad at it) but it is our job, or our role in life. Ladies are so valuable that they don't take the move.

Take care
yshimy

Jan 04, 2006
Are you kidding me! Some guys don't get the message even if you stick it in their face! And there's as with the guys there's only so long a woman will wait for interest from a guy before getting bored - NEXT!

He's already shown interest, but now she has to go back and show SHE'S interested as he probably thinks she blew him off (not in the naughty sense - HP, Sniper420!).

There's nothing wrong in a woman showing interest at all, with many blokes I know you'd be half dead if you waited for them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Are you kidding me! Some guys don't get the message even if you stick it in their face! And there's as with the guys there's only so long a woman will wait for interest from a guy before getting bored - NEXT!

He's already shown interest, but now she has to go back and show SHE'S interested as he probably thinks she blew him off (not in the naughty sense - HP, Sniper420!).

There's nothing wrong in a woman showing interest at all, with many blokes I know you'd be half dead if you waited for them.

I agree with chocaholic. I know that this guy was showing me a lot of interest and now its slowed down quite a bit. So the thing to do now is to subtly show him that i'm interested too 'cos he thinks that i'm not and never was. It's proving difficult though cos he's not talking to me much and i find myself very nervous around him so can't find the right things to say.......
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
do what ever needed to show him you are interested in him BUT NEVER go very open as "i like you" or whatever lines you say.
yshimy

Jan 04, 2006
yshimy wrote:do what ever needed to show him you are interested in him BUT NEVER go very open as "i like you" or whatever lines you say.

Oh no! I wouldn't have the guts to do that!! Plus we work in the same company, so if i said "i like u" and he said "well, thats great, but i don't", i'd die!!!! Every1 in the office would know, imagine the shame............
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
Things we regret most in life are the risks we did'nt take

~my2phils
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2006
Cadmus, that's good advice.

Working in the same company can be a problem.

Why don't you casually ask him out for a drink and be a little flirtatious, you know the old tricks, lots of eye contact, play with your hair, touch his arm etc and see if he responds.

Say that it's a shame you haven't been out in ages and use it as an excuse to catch up, you never know he might jump at the chance to go out with you. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Be strong girl, not overly forward.

There's never anything wrong in telling someone you like them and you should never be ashamed to do so. They'll always be flattered, who isn't.
I can't tell you how many people I know who've missed out on good things because they were too scared to let a person know how they felt - life's too darn short!

He probably still feels rejected. If it feels too daunting for just the two of you to go out, grab a couple of friends and make it a social thing.

Bottom line is, he liked you. You showed no interest. He felt rejected and got fed up trying. Now you realise you like him, so you have to show him before it's too late.

No offense forum guys, but men can be so predictable you can read them like books, where as women to most men are just unfathomable. So don't confuse him, let him know you're interested.

Go get him!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Cadmus, that's good advice.

Working in the same company can be a problem.

Why don't you casually ask him out for a drink and be a little flirtatious, you know the old tricks, lots of eye contact, play with your hair, touch his arm etc and see if he responds.

Say that it's a shame you haven't been out in ages and use it as an excuse to catch up, you never know he might jump at the chance to go out with you. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Be strong girl, not overly forward.

There's never anything wrong in telling someone you like them and you should never be ashamed to do so. They'll always be flattered, who isn't.
I can't tell you how many people I know who've missed out on good things because they were too scared to let a person know how they felt - life's too darn short!

He probably still feels rejected. If it feels too daunting for just the two of you to go out, grab a couple of friends and make it a social thing.

Bottom line is, he liked you. You showed no interest. He felt rejected and got fed up trying. Now you realise you like him, so you have to show him before it's too late.

No offense forum guys, but men can be so predictable you can read them like books, where as women to most men are just unfathomable. So don't confuse him, let him know you're interested.

Go get him!

Chocaholic,

I like the way u think!! We're going out tonite (hopefully) with some friends and that will be my cue to let him know i like him (don't worry i won't be too forward). I'll let u know what happens tommorow. Watch this space for updates.....

Oh, and wish me luck :)
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 04, 2006
Go Gurl, Go Get'm

Good luck,
Wish a gurl like you fall into me so i don't keep doing the mind quizes wether she likes me or not and all this hassel.

Choco,
You are right, men are very easy to understand while women...... OH Einstein himself couldn't do it.

Good luck again gurl
yshimy

Jan 04, 2006
hahah okay days of our lives thread ..

but seriously though best of luck Queen. dont over analyze or stress about .. be natural take your time and things will flow .. the worst thing you can do in this situation is involve pressure and/or tension ..

keep it easy :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2006
Thanx you guys.

Yshimy, if it doesn't work out with this guy, feel free to pm me :wink:
Queen22
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance