How Can I Forget My Ex

Topic locked
How can I forget my ex Aug 26, 2006
Hello everybody,

Can someone tell me how can I forget my ex? I broke up less than 2 months ago but I am still thinking of him , can someone give me some advices? thank you

shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2006
I'm sorry hun *hug*, just some advice..

Its been 2 months, thats 60 days. Today is harder than yesterday.. most of us have been there. Some people get over it quick some people don't.

It all depends on you. You don't need a psychiatrist, or sessions, pills or drugs or u don't have to get drunk. What you need is friends to talk it out with like us here, get into doing activities that help you forget and focus more on today than yesterday.

Like you said "Love is bitter sweet". It ain't all "shmoopy shmoopy, I love you" all the time. Since you already know this, you're half way cured, well i'd say you're 75% cured. :)

The remaining 25% is just icing on the cake. Now, if you were with him for a while, I won't lie to ya, it may take a bit. You may hear a song on the radio that was like you would say "Our Song" or you may see something that reminds you of him or sniff a cologne that he used to wear..

Its life sweetie. If it were that easy, there would be no tears. At this time, get yourself into doing activities, keep your mind off it, hang out with your friends. 'laughter is the best medicine' maybe a stupid saying but it works.

Ok i've babbled enuff, here's a website that could help ya too..

How to Get over your ex
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 26, 2006
You've got websites for everything eh? :lol: :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 26, 2006
Thank you Nosoup, yes I know, the problem is that he is with another girl now ...but me averytime I meet a boy I think of him I compare, When I see the phone I wanna call him ask him stupid things ... I know that I have to forget cos he is now with a girl since a month and he love her
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2006
What can I say Nick ol' Chap!?

I got websites for everything! :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 26, 2006
shanya wrote:Thank you Nosoup, yes I know, the problem is that he is with another girl now ...but me averytime I meet a boy I think of him I compare, When I see the phone I wanna call him ask him stupid things ... I know that I have to forget cos he is now with a girl since a month and he love her

This ain't my business hun, but if he left ya or vice versa, there's either a reason or there's not. All you can do now is move on and wish him well. Forgive and forget. Be a bigger person than he is.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 26, 2006
Well I wish I could give you some advice but unfortunately I am the kind of person who can turn the page right away. That or I just never met a girl who REALLY affected me.

Anyway I am gonna tell you what my friends (male or female) do to try and forget, and eventually meet new people, date again etc...

What you need to do is find something to occupy your time. Sport is good as it releases the stress, and you almost always feel good (physically and mentally) afterwards. You can find some new hobbies. Through activities like those you will also meet new persons...

Now about comparing ppl with your ex, well it's natural. Even in my case, after turning the page, I ALWAYS compare potential gfs with my ex's. Comparing is actually good, as long as you accept the fact that EVERYONE is different, and different is good. Nobody's perfect, and you need to realize that while that new guy you just met might not have that specific quality your ex had, he most probably have others just waiting to be discovered.

And one last thing, it's been only 2 months... It could be a good thing for you to forget about dating for a while. Don't worry about it and who knows, love could be waiting at the next turn! In most cases the best love stories start when you least expect it!

Anyway it's a good thing you stumbled upon the forums. You'll meet some nice ppl this way which might help if you're new in Dubai and it's a nice way to share your thoughts, ideas and give/get advice on several topics...
Nick81

Aug 26, 2006
thank you...yes maybe I need a boy friend !!
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2006
shanya wrote:thank you...yes maybe I need a boy friend !!

Having friends from the opposite s.e.x is a great thing for many reasons that I won't list here :wink:
Nick81

Aug 26, 2006
8) thanks Nick ...I feel better
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
shanya wrote:thank you...yes maybe I need a boy friend !!

Maybe you just need some more clothes :lol: :lol: :lol:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
oh thank you dale for your precious advice will try to put something...
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
just an abaya will do... :lol:

jk... i've been through this at some point and all my sympathies are with you.
if i were in your place i would keep myself occupied so that i am left with no time to think about my ex... :wink:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
yes ...will try to keep myself busy by looking for new clothes...shopping for abayas could be a good idea :wink:
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
some people said how long you've been into the relationship, then how long it'll take to recover.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 27, 2006
hmm i guess everyone goes through this phase sometime nor the other in their life. like nick said the best way is to indulge yourself in some activity. If you have some time on hand definately you are gonna think about him and what hes doing since its just two months old.

Believe in whatever happens, happens for the good and move on with life :)

cheers,

Jerry

and by the way would u accept the rose in my avtar :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
You have to try not to compare the guys you meet with your ex, this is unfair to the other guys and it will be always an obstacle to make a fresh start with someone else. You shouldn't make your ex a milestone in your life because you're going to find even more like him, don't forget that the show must go on even without you, life's not stopping and you have to ment your pieces no matter how hard can it be and go for something new.
You shoud look back in your past and use it as a reference and avoid the mistakes you've done, but don't live in the past....

Believe me life get's better everyday, enjoy :)
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: How can I forget my ex Aug 27, 2006
shanya wrote:Hello everybody,

Can someone tell me how can I forget my ex? I broke up less than 2 months ago but I am still thinking of him , can someone give me some advices? thank you

u want to forget him? I have a solution......... meet me.

Just jk... i know it can b difficult and I consoled myself by thinking ...we come alone in this world and we will go alone form here.... I archive all the photos conversations gifts and keep it in storage room like the past locked in the abyss of the ocean ..let it rot i dont care for on the zenith of the abyss I shall start new chapter.... and my ex can be a part of it
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Thank you Jeevan, thank you Greek...Sniper I am reday to try your solution dear :)
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
okies thatmeans u accepted the rose :lol:
dances dance of the damned :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
are you a fan of gun' s and roses ? :wink:
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
shanya wrote:are you a fan of gun' s and roses ? :wink:

yep i sure am :) rather rock gets me rocking, trance puts me in a trance in this new world and new age, jazz gives me the blues & hip hop gives me a soul :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
shanya wrote:are you a fan of gun' s and roses ? :wink:

yep i sure am :) rather rock gets me rocking, trance puts me in a trance in this new world and new age, jazz gives me the blues & hip hop gives me a soul :lol: :lol:

halleluyah ...qoute of the day here...spoken well !!...though rap gives me a headache... :wink:
constantine

Aug 27, 2006
I accept the rose if you sing november rain only for me dear :wink:
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
Painting, yes i mean it Painting, try to work in ur house and paint a cabinet or a wall , it will take ur mind off ur ex plus makes u feel better , trust me i did and it took me 3 days to get over my ex 8) 8) remind urself of the things u hated about him ,the reason u broke up and and find new friends ,try not to talk about him and voila ,ur over ur ex ... Dr. Corc has left the building 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2006
just for you ahem....

When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain
But lovers always come and lovers always go
An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away
If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Do you need some time...on your own
Do you need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone
I know it's hard to keep an open heart
When even friends seem out to harm you
But if you could heal a broken heart
Wouldn't time be out to charm you

Sometimes I need some time...on my
own Sometimes I need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

And when your fears subside
And shadows still remain, ohhh yeahhh
I know that you can love me
When there's no one left to blame
So never mind the darkness
We still can find a way
'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain

Don't ya think that you need somebody
Don't ya think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody
You're not the only one
You're not the only one

:lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Yawn 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2006
Corcovado wrote:Yawn 8) 8)

:lol: :lol: corcs u cant sleep to a classic :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
:shock: ohhh for me that !! I think I ve already forgot my ex :wink:
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006
shanya wrote::shock: ohhh for me that !! I think I ve already forgot my ex :wink:

Thats what i wanted :)

cheers

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance