Here's A "hot" Topic For Discussion

Topic locked
Here's a "hot" topic for discussion Aug 16, 2006
Over the years, you come across a lot of people with different morales/principles. This question is one that can be hotly debated, depending on your viewpoint. here's the question:

Would you date one of your current b/f or g/f's friends or ex's.

Hopefully you know what I am asking! :lol:

Me, two things I have believed in, no matter how hot/sexy/good looking they are:

1) never date a mates girlfriend - g/f's come and go, but friends can be for life.
2) never date a mates ex g/f - most probably done in revenge and can ruin your relationship with your mate.

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2006
Eeeerrrrrr it's one of those awkward questions. The correct answer should be 'no', don't date your boyf's mate whatever after you finish. But I have done in the past, it depends alot on circumstance and how the first relationship ended etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
your best mates gf's/ex's no try not to ..... the guy that comes along occasionally to the pub with you and your mates who has a particularly hot mrs ... fair game! :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 16, 2006
Depends what the mate is like! I mean if you're dating George Clooney and his best mate happens to be Colin Farrell - HEEELLLOOOOOO!!!! I wish! :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Depends what the mate is like! I mean if you're dating George Clooney and his best mate happens to be Colin Farrell - HEEELLLOOOOOO!!!! I wish! :D

Chocs there was a whole different thread somewhere on would your bf have a 3some with another guy Im sure George and Colin wouldnt mind :lol: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 16, 2006
Chocs,

You would go out with a friends b/f cos he was hot? :shock:

Lets keep it more realistic and in the real world, rather than referring to Collin and Brad. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2006
A friends boyf? No of course not. Before I was tlaking about my boyfs mates.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
Ok, got you.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2006
A big no no no....have some decency, the world is quite big you will be able to find someone not related to your gf/bf/ex,but thats just my point of view.

If you can remember some episodes from sex and the city shows how small NYC is to hold all of their bf's w/o bumping to each other. :lol:

Oops sorry I know some peeps dont like that show.... vibakshi (Excuse me) :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 16, 2006
generally speaking NO. most of us tend to say this. but there r situations when u dont even realize it and u end up with ur friend's ex. and these situations r very common. here is a classical one: all 3 come from the same group of friends. the 2 guys r best friends but the gf of one is also a very good friend of the other guy. the couple brakes up, its usually the girl who suffers more or her suffering is more visible. so the common friend will be there to offer a shoulder to cry on. and bang, before u know it, they r together.
the tricky thing here is to be able to make a difference between genuin love that might have happened between them and the urge of the guy to help the girl and her need to be understood and helped through the situation. if real love, it means whatever was between the other 2, must have ended and all 3 should be mature enough, specially the ex to overcome the dislike of seeing the once loved woman with the best friend.
if just some infatuation, than loyalty and and consideration should be the deciding factors. and i mean for all 3.
raidah

Aug 16, 2006
You have to consider if you value friendship more than that girl or boy in question.

Without any malice, i'd like to add the common saying

Bro before Whore

thats my 2c on the matter
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2006
no. imagine there will be group get together.... it sucks!
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2006
hmmm :roll:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2006
Personally I don't think the comments posted so far have been formed on the basis of morale or values.

There is no general answer to such a question, as it depends too much on the people involved and situation you're in.

So... I'm on the fence about this one.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
In the case of an ex , you should always consider the feelings of the ex, cos dating his/ her mate might be very annoying and hurtful plus the friends wouldnt understand..its a bit not comfortable to everyone , unless ofcourse u he/she is ur true love ..in that case : What the heck :)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 16, 2006
zam wrote:A big no no no....have some decency, the world is quite big you will be able to find someone not related to your gf/bf/ex,but thats just my point of view.

If you can remember some episodes from fun and the city shows how small NYC is to hold all of their bf's w/o bumping to each other. :lol:

Oops sorry I know some peeps dont like that show.... vibakshi (Excuse me) :wink:

i love that episode : Ex and The City :)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 17, 2006
Bro before Whore? Nice Keith :evil:

It seems to me that women are much more cautious about dating other people's ex's. It is men who are like dogs and go after the hot women, no matter if it hurts their buddies or not. Also, men seem to be able to forgive each other more easily. They just go and have a beer and say "Sorry mate" and then they discuss how hot she was and how it is understandable... :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 17, 2006
If I broke up with a girlfriend, I would expect a mate, and even just a close associate to respect that the last thing I want to see is some guy chasing my ex so soon after we broke up.

It'd be OK after a couple of months, but not right away, and I'd expect them to run the idea past me first.

Not because I'm some super dude that expects respect, but because I would do the same for them in the same position.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Bro before Whore? Nice Keith :evil:

It seems to me that women are much more cautious about dating other people's ex's. It is men who are like dogs and go after the hot women, no matter if it hurts their buddies or not. Also, men seem to be able to forgive each other more easily. They just go and have a beer and say "Sorry mate" and then they discuss how hot she was and how it is understandable... :lol:

hehe I guess u didnt read the whole thread ... one of ur gender approved of dating hot guys or should I say like b**ch.

Well I will look into the cause of the dispute. If the ex left my mate for good reason then why not but i will make sure they arent in th esame place at the same moment.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
Its a small world sniper.... :!:
zam

Aug 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Bro before Whore? Nice Keith :evil:

Kanelli, as i said, it was meant with no malice or disrespect for women.

But what I mean is that when a guy or girl starts dating, they should never forget their close friends because they are the ones who will be there for you when you need them in case the relationship goes all wrong.
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance