Getting Married? Take The Quiz First

Topic locked
Getting married? Take the quiz first Jan 06, 2011

A British family law firm is urging couples to take a "compatibility quiz" before getting married or deciding to live together.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110106/lf_ ... dtYXJyaQ--

Something has to be done, Let us examine the statistics worldwide --->

*******************************************************************************************************************************

European Divorce rate - Study carried out in 2005, The trend indicates that it is only rising.

Source - http://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/portal/en/i ... _2005.html
Note - Those that are dark colored indicate a high number of NEW Marriages Ending in divorce ! UK is at an alarming rate of Approximately 50%
____________________________________________________________________________________________
The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage
50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.

http://www.divorcerate.org/

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Divorce rate in Australia in around 40%. Meaning, about 40 percent of marriages can be expected to end in divorce.

..divorce rate in Canada is about 48% ... Almost 75% of Canadian divorces are being initiated by women.

http://www.divorcerate.org/

Situation in the gulf ?

In a symposium held late last year in Kuwait, a study presented by Dr. Abdulaziz Alahmed estimates the divorce rate in Kuwait at over 25% while in Qatar at 38%.

http://www1.albawaba.com/news/high-divo ... ulf-states

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/qatar-ha ... 42427.html

Situation in the UAE ?

..The fact is oil wealth is one of a number of socio-economic factors that has led to the UAE having one of the highest divorce rates in the Middle East...
http://1426.blogspot.com/2009/05/uae-ha ... es-in.html

..In the UAE, the rate amounted to 46%...
http://www1.albawaba.com/news/high-divo ... ulf-states

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Getting Married? Take The Quiz First Jan 06, 2011
How about because marriage does suck in over half of the cases. :lol: Ever since women have become more highly educated and have the ability to secure their own financial independence, they realize that there is no need to stay in a crappy marriage. Many men don't seem to keep up with the expectations of modern women, which is more equality and sharing of duties and responsibilities.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

^^ But Kanelli, the divorce rates are the highest in the developing world, where women are supposedly to be equal and they are given equal opportunity, if anything with all the freedom and opportunity things should be better ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Look closer at the figures zubber. 75% of women initiate the divorce. Back when they had no rights, they couldn't do this could they?
Kanelli is is not joking. Marriage is either perfect, or it sucks and ends in divorce. There is no in-between.
Are these the expectations that you are talking about Kanelli:

A brand new store just opened that sells husbands. When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:
"You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are six floors and the value of the products increase as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit the building!"

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the 1st floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

She goes up a floor. The 2nd floor sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.

She pushes the UP button again. The 3rd floor sign reads:
Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the 4th floor and the sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead good looking and help with housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are drop-dead gorgeous, help with housework and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor.
There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opens a New Wives store just across the street.

The 1st first floor has wives that love s.e.x.
The 2nd floor has wives that love s.e.x and have money.

The 3rd through 6th floors have never been visited. :lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Awesome! Believe me, I'd have stopped at the 5th floor. I've married someone from the 3rd floor. I'm sometimes tempted to get an upgrade!

-- Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:06 pm --

zubber wrote:^^ But Kanelli, the divorce rates are the highest in the developing world, where women are supposedly to be equal and they are given equal opportunity, if anything with all the freedom and opportunity things should be better ?

Yes but no, because the men are still dinosaurs when it comes to expectations in the relationship. From what I can see, the men want a smart and well-earning woman with a full-time job, but they also want a replacement momma who will clean their clothes, look after their kids, cook and clean the house, manage the yard etc. so they are freed up to relax after working hard all day at their full-time job. Seems a bit unfair that women do an extra equivalent of 3 months unpaid labour per yer than a male spouse (will try to find a link to where I read that figure), just because they have a vajayjay instead of a trouser snake. Sounds fair right? Now you can see why women would rather live alone or as a single parent. :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Awesome! Believe me, I'd have stopped at the 5th floor. I've married someone from the 3rd floor. I'm sometimes tempted to get an upgrade!

Don't do it Kanelli. You are doing pretty good to get that far. Anyways, the men from the 4th floor up are all Gay! :lol:
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:Look closer at the figures zubber. 75% of women initiate the divorce. Back when they had no rights, they couldn't do this could they?

Back when they had no rights, perhaps women would make an effort to reconcile their differences, all relationships are about compromise be it, a fling or a LTR
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Getting married? Take the quiz first Jan 06, 2011
zubber wrote:
benwj wrote:Look closer at the figures zubber. 75% of women initiate the divorce. Back when they had no rights, they couldn't do this could they?

Back when they had no rights, perhaps women would make an effort to reconcile their differences, all relationships are about compromise be it, a fling or a LTR

So what you suggesting basically is giving less right to women so they have to stick to their crappy mariages! excellent idea!!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:So what you suggesting basically is giving less right to women so they have to stick to their crappy mariages! excellent idea!!!

I havent made any suggestions, your convoluted interpretations is your own issue
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:

What I got from your post is you prefer the time when women had no rights.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Getting Married? Take The Quiz First Jan 07, 2011
zubber wrote:

I can't believe you said that!!!! That is just wrong in so many ways!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Getting married? Take the quiz first Jan 07, 2011
Zubber! really! You make it sound as if women should put up with extra marital affairs! Would men do the same I wonder?
BTW it was discussed on another topic whether marriage could survive an affair and I said I thought there was worse than a sexual encounter with another in a marriage. To be honest I think I could forgive that (although it hasn't happened to me that i know of) but violence towards a woman is unforgiveable. I speak from experience there Zubber.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Hmmm....from that map Zubs seems like the colder the country gets the higher the divorce rates ! Must be the weather. Maybe K is privy to the fact and hence chooses to live in Thailand instead of Canada !!!

Just sayin :D

P.S : Maybe you could also pull out stats wheters divorces filed in winter are more than in summer. If thats the case then I'm on to something ! LOL
desertdudeshj

@bora,Bm,Mel, and other respected women -
First calm down, Second - I merely stated that the propensity to reconcile differences was greater historically, And the reason you are offended is because you are ASSUMING that the divorce rates were low because they HAD NO RIGHTS, Key word there ASSUMING.

@DDS - Yes it does appear that weather has something to do with the divorce rates, but there are too many variables to be accounted for to construct a verifiable hypothesis heh , Perhaps I speculate that colder the country the greater the chance that 2 people HOOK UP to get warm :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:@DDS - Yes it does appear that weather has something to do with the divorce rates, but there are too many variables to be accounted for to construct a verifiable hypothesis heh , Perhaps I speculate that colder the country the greater the chance that 2 people HOOK UP to get warm :mrgreen:

And divorcing later on once they are warm and over the infatuation, thus supporting my hypothesis and in agreement with your map :D
desertdudeshj

Zubber, during "historical" times, there was no such thing as "reconciling differences" - it was called being trapped and being at the mercy of another person for all things provided as well as doing what everyone around you expected you to do - which was to eat sh*t and like it!!! Historically it was a man's world, and women were to feel grateful to be able to live in it. Today men and women are on a level playing field, especially when it comes to marriage (at least women who have any sense!!!) Today, we put our pants on the same way men do - one leg at a time!!! Although I have been known to make a high leap off the bed and land on both legs in the right place!!!

It is only with womens independence and ability to provide for themselves that "reconciliation" came into marriages that were/are in trouble. The fact that women can walk away, there is reason to sit down and "reconcile" if that is what both parties chose to do.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Zubber! BM doesn't know whether you are familiar with BBC TV (other channels are available) but I thought I would share with you an interlectual (can't spell it after a few Chardonnays) view of Carol Vorderman. This was posted on youtube by a friend of a friend of BM. LOL (if you aren't aware of CV, she hosts a quiz show) Mature ladies are attractive!

Bethsmum

Bora Bora wrote:Zubber, during "historical" times, there was no such thing as "reconciling differences" - it was called being trapped and being at the mercy of another person for all things provided as well as doing what everyone around you expected you to do - which was to eat sh*t and like it!!! Historically it was a man's world, and women were to feel grateful to be able to live in it. Today men and women are on a level playing field, especially when it comes to marriage (at least women who have any sense!!!) Today, we put our pants on the same way men do - one leg at a time!!! Although I have been known to make a high leap off the bed and land on both legs in the right place!!!

It is only with womens independence and ability to provide for themselves that "reconciliation" came into marriages that were/are in trouble. The fact that women can walk away, there is reason to sit down and "reconcile" if that is what both parties chose to do.

A lot of what you have stated here are assumptions, However since you have taken the effort to post it , I have made the effort to read it, And your idea of historically it being a man's world where women were dogs on leashes , is a false idea propagated by the feminists which is entirely baseless, But an entertaining post none the less :mrgreen:

-- Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 am --

Bethsmum wrote:Zubber! BM doesn't know whether you are familiar with BBC TV (other channels are available) but I thought I would share with you an interlectual (can't spell it after a few Chardonnays) view of Carol Vorderman. This was posted on youtube by a friend of a friend of BM. LOL (if you aren't aware of CV, she hosts a quiz show) Mature ladies are attractive!

hahah now that is one perverted song ! , and the only "carol" i know from british tv is the Carol Burnett Show :mrgreen: , oh and MILF's are definitely a well defined fetish genre
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:Zubber, during "historical" times, there was no such thing as "reconciling differences" - it was called being trapped and being at the mercy of another person for all things provided as well as doing what everyone around you expected you to do - which was to eat sh*t and like it!!! Historically it was a man's world, and women were to feel grateful to be able to live in it. Today men and women are on a level playing field, especially when it comes to marriage (at least women who have any sense!!!) Today, we put our pants on the same way men do - one leg at a time!!! Although I have been known to make a high leap off the bed and land on both legs in the right place!!!

Here here!

-- Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:15 am --

zubber wrote:A lot of what you have stated here are assumptions, However since you have taken the effort to post it , I have made the effort to read it, And your idea of historically it being a man's world where women were dogs on leashes , is a false idea propagated by the feminists which is entirely baseless, But an entertaining post none the less :mrgreen:

A false idea propagated by the feminists? You have a lot of balls to say that. Completely baseless.

-- Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:37 am --

benwj wrote:
kanelli wrote:Awesome! Believe me, I'd have stopped at the 5th floor. I've married someone from the 3rd floor. I'm sometimes tempted to get an upgrade!

Don't do it Kanelli. You are doing pretty good to get that far. Anyways, the men from the 4th floor up are all Gay! :lol:

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:A false idea propagated by the feminists? You have a lot of balls to say that. Completely baseless.

Yes feminists aka BraBuners aka ManHaters aka Those who wish that MEN SHOULD HAVE UTERUS'S, the feminist idea is rooted in complete madness , they and the other sexual revolutionists have only contributed to the destruction of the family unit, to the rise in spinsterhood , to the increase in divorce rates, to the increase in bastards , to the moral decay of society.

"Feminism - The Greatest conspiracy against WomenKind" ~Zubber
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:

Why we need to make assumptions?! you said it all! When they had NO RIGHTS, they would make efforts!

there is no need to be a feminist to get your statement and mindset is so very offensive to women!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:
zubber wrote:

Why we need to make assumptions?! you said it all! When they had NO RIGHTS, they would make efforts!

there is no need to be a feminist to get your statement and mindset is so very offensive to women!

+10 Mel
-10 Zubber
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

hahaha , tsk tsk tsk, someday you will all come to your senses.. someday..
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

^^^^aha so now, all the females here have no senses,but you have it all!????
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:^^^^aha so now, all the females here have no senses,but you have it all!????

haha, It can mean whatever you want it to mean 8)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:hahaha , tsk tsk tsk, someday you will all come to your senses.. someday..

Zubber, women came to their senses a long time ago when they took control of their own lives. I think you don't realize that women don't need a man to complete their lives - or need a man at all for that matter.

It appears that you would have been a perfect fit during those "historical" times. :lol: :lol: I'm sure that there are more men in this day and age who actually thinks the way you do. :roll: But I'm sure that for every man who thinks that way there is a woman for you somewhere out there. Good luck with that. But if you are having trouble finding one, go to any department store and pick up a floor mat. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Zubber in all fairness I am surprised by these posts. Its accepted and not assumed that woman have been repressed by men all over the world for centuries, denied education, denied rights, denied a voice. This really isn't an assumption - in fairness a lot of it (the repression) has come from religion - I am not saying that religion advocates that but certainly men have interpreted that the teachings of god mean that women should not have an equal say and rights. Divorce rates being higher in the middle east is exactly because women are able to have a say they want out which was not as easy before.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

BB said it well!

Zubber, you are exactly the kind of dinosaur that I was talking about. Unfortunately, not extinct yet. :) I see a divorce in your future!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:BB said it well!

Zubber, you are exactly the kind of dinosaur that I was talking about. Unfortunately, not extinct yet. :) I see a divorce in your future!

You just won a million bucks!!!! :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance