Easiest Way To Get Over With The Man/Woman You LoVe?

Topic locked
Easiest Way To get Over with the Man/Woman you LoVe? Aug 12, 2007
What is the easiest way to get over him/her?

You love this man/woman, then something came up that you dont expect, you broke up with him/her but still you love him/her?

You want to forget him/her instantly, what is the easiest way?

:cry:

femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2007
you can try to go for a short vacation somewhere nice alone. Helps you clear your mind a bit, plus you might meet someone on the way

Sport helps too....:D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
Tell yourself - 'Everything happens for a reason'!.......

AND SMILE..... about how wonderful the future will be! :D :D :D

I agree with Bleakus - Sports also help!!
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 12, 2007
i wish i knew!!! it would make my life so much easier :-)
netgeek2k2

Aug 12, 2007
i dont know girlie, if i say to myself "everything happens for a reason", so what do i do wrong this time ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2007
Bleakus wrote:i dont know girlie, if i say to myself "everything happens for a reason", so what do i do wrong this time ;)

Somethings 'things just aren't meant to be' No-ones fault!

:lol: :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 12, 2007
Bleakus wrote:i dont know girlie, if i say to myself "everything happens for a reason", so what do i do wrong this time ;)

yes, its true...i agree with you dudes...

everything happen for a reason...

because it happen to me, the thing is...its really hard to get over...it will really take time especially when you have this intense relationship with him. Anyway, thats life you have to deal with it....
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2007
I am going through the exact same thing right now, it's really really hard to deal with. Especially now since it's still recent for me. I just hoping time heals wounds and everything happened for a reason. I know it happened for a reason but it's just hard to see the reason right now.
checkerscom2000
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
this is a good quote that i somewhat realized...when things go wrong...

"You have to let go when you feel you're hurting too much. You have to give up when love is not enough. You have to move on when things aren't like before. Because there's someone out there who'll love you even more."

sad but true....
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Easiest Way To get Over with the Man/Woman you LoVe? Aug 13, 2007
femme wrote:What is the easiest way to get over him/her?

You love this man/woman, then something came up that you dont expect, you broke up with him/her but still you love him/her?

Big hug for you!! I know how you feel :(

It needs time to get over your love.
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 13, 2007
You will heal....People can sit here all day and tell you what you may or may not want to hear, but you just need to go through the emotions. It's a process that sucks donkey nuts, but is a life lesson that will only make you stronger and wiser.

I will leave you with a little something that helped me even when i was at my worst with my breakup 6 months ago. I'm not 100% over my ex, but i'm living my life again and it feels great. I hope it helps you too:

TO LET GO

To let go doesn't mean to stop caring.
It means I can't do it for someone else.
To let go isn't to cut myself off.
It's the realization that I can't control another.
Rather than to enable...it is to allow learning from natural
consequences.
Letting go is to admit powerlessness.
Meaning the outcome is not in my hands.
It is not to try to change or blame another; but knowing that I can only
change myself.
Instead of caring for, it is to care about.
It is to be supportive instead of to fix.
To let go is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.
To allow others to effect their own outcomes, instead of being in the
middle arranging all the outcomes.
It is not to be protective but to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to deny but to accept.
Not to nag, scold or argue, but rather to search out my own shortcomings
and to correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my own desires but to take
Each day as it comes and to cherish each moment.
Not to criticize and to regulate anyone, but to try to become the dream
I can be.
Instead of regret for the past...
It is to grow and live for the future,
To fear less and to love more.

-Author unknown
shatooi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
Hey, know how u feel, i've been through it n :

1) time really helps
2) u can move on only if u won't look back all the time ---> it will hurt ur neck :-)
3) try to get new friends/go 2 new places/be with ppl who love u

guess thats it... n just like u got used to that person , u'll get used to be WITHOUT that person..

all da best...
LeYa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Easiest Way To get Over with the Man/Woman you LoVe? Aug 13, 2007

Donate 24 hours to that person.... go through all the photos, things, have lunch at your favourite restaurant the two of you had!

Basically spend the whole day, CRYING!!!!!

At 7pm burn all the stuff!

Have a shower

Get REALLY beautiful

Go to a club with some friends, or alone!

Let your hair down..... dance, have some fun, drink if you drink!

Then wake the next morning a NEW women!!!!
Starting a new life!
Don't cry anymore, just smile! :D

NEVER LOOK BACK..... JUST FORWARD!
There's someone out there for everyone..... he wasn't the one..... because the REAL one would NEVER want you to hurt this much!

Good Luck..... tell me what club you are at, will be there!! :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2007
sure...

looking forward to meet you....

where do you usually hang out girl?
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2007
femme wrote:sure...

looking forward to meet you....

where do you usually hang out girl?

You are going to be fine femme! :P

Not in Dubai yet..... arriving end of this month!

Don't yet have a hang out, but will find one and let you know! :lol: :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2007
Hi,
Its always difficult to get over people and situations, but whats important and gratifying to know is that you stood your ground to say no to somebody who never was worth you.

So always look beyond your today hoping for a better tomorrow.

Take care.
jini
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 15, 2007
Jump infront of a bus....
guest999

Re: Easiest Way To get Over with the Man/Woman you LoVe? Aug 16, 2007

keep yourself busy and if possible stop calling him and making a way to see him...disconnect yourself from him ....and think about something positive for yourself...enjoy your friends company and take time to open your door to new friendship. Avoid using someone as a scapegoat this wont help at all...remember always that you are beautiful so feel beautiful and have a positive outlook in life. (highly recommended to those who feel depress because of losing someone) :D
Donnabelle
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 17, 2007
meet someone better then him like me for example....and then start worrying how to forget about me until u meet the next one...i have a few friends i cud recommend...
guest999

Aug 17, 2007
you know actually there is no right answer to this question because everyone is different. The mourning period after a relationship is over is almost always a journey of "re-discovery of one's self". Different people go through this experience in different ways. People turn to all sorts of things including (but not withstanding):

-friends
-family
-alcohol
-drugs
-work
-religion
-sex
-abstinence
-sport
-travel

you get the general gist of it. Now I'm not saying ANY of those are right or wrong, what I do believe though is that you need to find what works for YOU. when you find something that helps you to both grieve and heal simultaneously along with a recovery process which you know will guide you down the path you want to be on then grab it with both hands and stick to it.

And no matter what it is, dont let anyone tell you its wrong. Your healing process is yours to discover. Other people can guide you- but ultimately, you must walk the path yourself.
bass_mekanik
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 17, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:meet someone better then him like me for example....and then start worrying how to forget about me until u meet the next one...i have a few friends i cud recommend...

i heared ur off the market :roll: , thou cant imagine what crazy woman would want you...
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 18, 2007
csak a fiki fiki....

Which market we talking about here? The black market?
guest999

Aug 22, 2007
for me its just find another someone. not just someone, but someone better ASAP :)
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2007
xero_ wrote:for me its just find another someone. not just someone, but someone better ASAP :)

yah, i think so. But do you think that will be a good idea to find another man in your life asap....

i think its better to stop coz its always the same thing, you always hurt at the end of the day.....

i think im not really lucky with guys...i think i have to go with same s.e.x.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2007
i can never let it go, the pain goes sure (after a looong time), but the memories dont.
i wish they would leave, but the harder you try to forget conciously, the more it might bother you in your sleep.
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 28, 2007
Wow..... :shock:

I hope I never hurt like you guys!!

I kind of live by the everything happens for a reason rule.

Maybe I just don't let myself feel the hurt!

I wish you all the best of luck with healing, in your own way!

Take Care and SMILE!!!

:love1:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

guys gals whatever Sep 04, 2007
What a load of mush.... feels like a sloppy highschool romance movie. The world is a harsh place. Shit happens if something tries to mow u down get right back up and give it the finger. Dont waste your time with all this 'Oh I love him so much bull shit' Couple of months down the line your gonna be thinkin of someone else. Besides time is so valuable.. theres so much u could do for yourself careerwise, studies, take up a workout regime, hang out with all the chick frinds you missed cos of your guy. Hell lady if I were u every night would be party night....... with copious amounts of grass of course :)
Remeber... no such thing as CANT only WONT!!
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 04, 2007
Hahahahahaha!! I so AGREE with OliverTwisted !!!

ROMANCE another reason for Hollywoods directors to make chic flicks like TITANIC! 8)
SuperStAr
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 04, 2007
i just got this through others, i think this is a good advice to help me cope up...

For those who also wanted to get over your ex, try it out...here it goes...

1) Cut off all communication: that means don't talk to them; delete/erase phone numbers, e-mail addresses, IM addresses, etc.; don't look up profiles or seek them out in any way, shape or fashion. This will keep you from that urge to contact them.

2) Get rid of any gifts, notes, letters, etc. that are sentimental to you: don't give them back to your ex. Give them away to Goodwill, whatever. Do not keep them.

3) Hang out with friends.

4) Don't jump into another relationship. This is unfair to a new partner if you are not over your ex.

5) Do something active: run, exercise, go see a movie, go shopping, etc.

6) Try to think about all the things you did NOT like about your partner. People break up for a reason.

7) Write your thoughts down in a journal or write a letter to your ex about how you feel about everything... DO NOT give it to them.

8) Remember to not be afraid to be alone. It's not the end of the world and you will always find someone else down the road. It is OK to be alone.

9) Do not try and be friends with your ex UNLESS you can get over them. Once you are over them, then you can think about being friends with them. If you are not over them and you continue with contacting them, you will not be able to get over them especially when they are dating someone new.

10) Do not wallow in alcohol. It will only make you feel worse... trust me on this one.

11) It takes time...
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Go get em girrrrrrrrrrrrl Sep 04, 2007
Sweet heart u hit the nail right on the head as far as Im concerned, spot bollock......I think ur on the road to hapiness already. The first thing to do really is wake up tomorrow look outside breathe some fresh air and feel.... Im mean really FEEL deep down about how lucky we r. Theres so much in life Sooooooooooooooo much more than a guy or girl for that matter... NOBODY deserves your tears or sorrow. Its over tough thats life ... wake up next morning different day different xperiences.
By the way u missed out one point in your summary ..... smoke some weed and trust me your ex will be the last thing on your mind.
Just in case u need a quick FIX!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Go Get em tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance