Dubai "FAKE"?

Topic locked
Dubai "FAKE"? Nov 20, 2005
I read many people mention word FAKE? describing Dubai.

I am originally from Eastern Europe, but lived in Atlanta, GA past 8 years. Now I am considering the offer to move to Dubai for 2 years and want to make sure what I am getting in to.

Atlanta is pretty much a boring city, its like: WORK, EAT, SLEEP, WORK, EAT, SLEEP, … life style, but it is fast growing and 7th best places to live in US, 2005 survey.
I am just trying to compare this two and see what my options are.

I am single male, very social, romantic, yet practical when it gets to work.
As an European I miss:
Soccer,
Rugby,
Society of different cultures,
Art,
European girlfriend,
Fine wine,
Genuine relationship,
Prospective future,

Could you help me here please?
I guess one always looks for it’s place, and I am not the one who thinks that “it’s always better somewhere else”.

I appreciate your input!
Thanks a lot!

Jumber
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 21, 2005
Can't really comment on 'prospective future' when theres no info regarding your qualifications nor line of work.

That said you've been offered a move here so as long as you take care of the T&Cs you'll find most of those points are covered.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai "FAKE"? Nov 23, 2005
As an European I miss:
Soccer,
Rugby,
Society of different cultures,
Art,
European girlfriend,
Fine wine,
Genuine relationship,
Prospective future,

make correction , In europe we dont mention soccer ;0) and second rugby is hardly played anywhere in europe. European r quite racist and they hardly tolerate other cultures. Well u can ask for passport before talking to gal ;0).
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Dubai "FAKE"? Nov 25, 2005
hey !

I hope everything is ok! Im a new member here !
Im going to move to Dubai too because of a job. Im from eastern europe too. Where r u from ???

Im looking for infos about Dubai! Im so excited because I dont know that country and the cultures!

so, have a nice day !
ibi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 26, 2005
HP,

Are you mad? Rugby is played in many countries across Europe, er, England, Wales, Scotland, France etc.

You won't be at the Rugby 7's this weekend then?

You're right on the 'soccer' thing though only yanks call the beautiful game 'soccer' to the rest of us it's football. Say soccer to someone in the UK or mainland Europe and they'd probably lamp you one.

Football to Americans is a bunch of woosies playing a game not unlike Rugby but with loads of padding and ridiculous shoulder pads. I bet on a rugby team to beat an amercian football team any day of the week.

Don't even get me started on Baseball, lets face it, it's just a girlie game of rounders.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 26, 2005
Australia also follows the yanks and falls into the "soccer" trap.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 29, 2005
it's strange why most of the european world and americas don't play cricket :cry:
s_kates81
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 29, 2005
Cause it's a boring game that doesn't involve contact/violence - goes against the very nature of 'sports entertainment'.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance