It Is Difficult To Make Friends In Dubai?

Topic locked
It is difficult to make friends in Dubai? Feb 25, 2009
I´m single, I´m going to work 1 year in Dubai. But I want to know if it posible find serious people and make goog friends in Dubai. The stories that I hear are not good.

Sofia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 25, 2009
it s not difficult

you just need to find the good ones;)
LadyFashion
Dubai Forum User

Feb 25, 2009
it's not any different than anywhere else, you only need to look around..

xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2009
First welcome to Dubai and to Dubai Forums

Making friends is not complicated... just socialize with your work colleagues and go on from there

good luck :)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 25, 2009
also you have to lower your requirements and dont be so choosy.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
rudeboy wrote:also you have to lower your requirements and dont be so choosy.

naaaah I disagree...

if you are looking for a relationship? just go and pick up the best of the best :D

in this part of the world you have almost 5 men for every 1 woman..
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 25, 2009
I am not interested in a loving relationship, I only want to make some friends. I don´t want to spend all weekends alone. Life can not be only work.
In any case, thanks to answer
Sofia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 25, 2009
Sofia wrote:I am not interested in a loving relationship, I only want to make some friends. I don´t want to spend all weekends alone. Life can not be only work.
In any case, thanks to answer

what kind of friends are you looking for? honestly speaking you wont find any friends on a forum. well atleast NOT this forum :D not so many friendly ppl here :P. i suggest you join a club or an activity or a cooking club. maybe u might find someone here but on the net its very easy to be a pretender.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
Got it. Thanks. What kind of friends am i looking for?..Good people with sense of humor, hardworking, formed with criteria ...
I think that foreigners are going to work in Dubai because have similar purposes: progress and saving, or not?... but I think it is also important to keep a good quality of life; so if I don´t have my family with me I would like to meet some good friends. I like the idea of "Clubs, Associations..."
Just wrote here because I thought that maybe, probably, someone could give me an opinion ... as you did.
Sofia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 26, 2009
Hi Sofia

Don t worry you will find as soon as you will reach Dubai

If not just a hellooo i will be happy to add another friend to my liste..
LadyFashion
Dubai Forum User

Feb 27, 2009
Hey Sofia, I've lived here for a long time but I've also traveled on my own before so I know what it is like to be in your shoes. I wouldn't worry though, in my experience, if you have an attractive PERSONALITY, people will approach you no matter what. Just be yourself and live your life here as you find best suits you. Eventually, you will make good friends. Don't listen to all the people who tell you they're lonely here and so on. Not everyone in Dubai can be bad. Think about it, the city has people of all possible nationalities and backgrounds. How can EVERYONE be unfriendly. I hope you decide to come here, I think you'll enjoy your year here :)
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2009
:idea:
Sofia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 01, 2009
Thanks, it's nice what you say.... It´s a fact; I will be in Dubai on March 15...
A challenge: every city has many tourist sites promoted in travel agents ads, etc ... but every city also has "special places" that are only know by the locals or by people who really know a city; example: in Buenos Aires, Argentina, it´s a little restaurant in Recoleta neighborhood that each Friday night you could go and listen piano music live, the place is really special… Sooo, which are they and where are those special places that Dubai has.... Who wants to share your special places?... is like to getting know a little part soul of Dubai city.
Sofia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 01, 2009
Friend is just another word for acquaintance till I get to sleep with you. You will find lots of people being 'friendly' and 'funny', but chances are it's not cause you have a great 'personality'. Though I'm probably just talking out my ass again...

Anyway for the right price I'll be your friend!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 01, 2009
MC, I just want to visit Dubai, learn about the culture, learn about my futures coworkers, have a good and interesting year... don´t asume what you really don´t know... but is your opinion and we have respect it, it´s a free world and you could express your self as you want.
Sofia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 02, 2009
Sofia wrote:Thanks, it's nice what you say.... It´s a fact; I will be in Dubai on March 15...
A challenge: every city has many tourist sites promoted in travel agents ads, etc ... but every city also has "special places" that are only know by the locals or by people who really know a city; example: in Buenos Aires, Argentina, it´s a little restaurant in Recoleta neighborhood that each Friday night you could go and listen piano music live, the place is really special… Sooo, which are they and where are those special places that Dubai has.... Who wants to share your special places?... is like to getting know a little part soul of Dubai city.

Some of my favorite places:

Barrasti (sp?): Outdoor bar on the beach. Entrance free. Kinda fun.
Turkish Rose/Turkey Rose: Small Turkish restaurant on Shkh Zayed Rd. Btw I'm not Turkish, I just like their food.
Basilico: Italian Restaurant in Dubai Marina. Great food. Italian Chef
Theater at Madinat Jumeriah (forget the name): If you feel like catching a play or whatever.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2009
Sofia wrote:MC, I just want to visit Dubai, learn about the culture, learn about my futures coworkers, have a good and interesting year... don´t asume what you really don´t know... but is your opinion and we have respect it, it´s a free world and you could express your self as you want.

I didn't assume anything...I'm just saying don't be naive. Doesn't matter. My friend services are still for hire!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

hello Mar 12, 2009
Sofia wrote:Thanks, it's nice what you say.... It´s a fact; I will be in Dubai on March 15...

Dear Sofia, good to know abt u and ur intrest of friends , even i belive we guys come to Dubai to progress and to save little bit. Its true that sense of humor, hardworking, having a good quality of life and having good friends of all culture is important for every one. Every thing has learning in life. I belive the same, once you are in Duabi pl do let me know, good to have friends like you.

Regards,
babu79
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: hello Mar 13, 2009
babu79 wrote:

Dear Sofia, good to know abt u and ur intrest of friends , even i belive we guys come to Dubai to progress and to save little bit. Its true that sense of humor, hardworking, having a good quality of life and having good friends of all culture is important for every one. Every thing has learning in life. I belive the same, once you are in Duabi pl do let me know, good to have friends like you.

Regards,

oh babu ji zara dheeray chalo ji ;) chalu babu ji :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 24, 2009
what about work friends, you spend time with them every day, they might be easy to trust
aishamalik
Dubai Forum User

Apr 10, 2009
i been in Dubai about 15 time's and to be hinest with all you i never have chance to even talk with any female,
I will really be happy if i can get female friend in Dubai but it is Hard :(
Mentori
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 10, 2009
Mentori wrote:i been in Dubai about 15 time's and to be hinest with all you i never have chance to even talk with any female,
I will really be happy if i can get female friend in Dubai but it is Hard :(

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruskie
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 13, 2009
Welcome DUbai Sofia... :)
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: It is difficult to make friends in Dubai? Apr 26, 2009
I would say its difficult, bcz im in dubai 3 years, im a secretary and only female working in this company. so can u imagine how hard is that?! And i have attractive personality, but the thing is that only male would like to talk to me. And i feel lonely sometimes.
zuzudiva
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: It is difficult to make friends in Dubai? Apr 26, 2009
zuzudiva wrote:I would say its difficult, bcz im in dubai 3 years, im a secretary and only female working in this company. so can u imagine how hard is that?! And i have attractive personality, but the thing is that only male would like to talk to me. And i feel lonely sometimes.

Noooooooooooo.. :(
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2009
haha, when you get there, you will find everything is not so complicated as you thought
hidnick
Dubai Forum User

May 22, 2009
It is not difficult to find true friends in dubai. just trust other and you will see that you have many true friends.
obituary07
Dubai Forums Member

May 22, 2009
hi Sofia,
how do you find working here in dubai? and making lots of good friends? :)
try to get yourself in different activites of your interest -- sports, arts, religious affiliations, music, etc. you'll win friends and you'll have so much productive things with your time
marie_m
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 23, 2009
Glad to know there are others having similar thoughts as me......

I am new in dubai and am here on a work assignment for 2 months. they have resided me on a 3 bedroom apartment in dubai marina.....alone.... :(

its really boring here......i mean yeah its an amazing city and have many places to visit and enjoy.......but fact is......i don't like to go out without a company and get pretty lazy when i get alone.........

so haey sofia (and anybody in dubai who is sensible and can get some time from his/her busy schedule), do you have a place for another friend in your list with whom you can meet up and enjoy?
lonely-soul
Dubai Forum Guest

May 24, 2009
Well, i wish, can go with someone but busy in work plus not have driving licence to move around...

but u must go to beaches in eveing at jumeriah side
try night safari
or try finish or boating package deals
...also different food stuff

but all things are enjoyable after 5pm when its abit less hot
massage centers, drinking at pub and gabbling can try but
am not into it.

visit Ibn mall or emirates mall... stylishly designed
snow land in city centers
play snooker:) or bowling@. camel riding @
:)

besides this in two months u will be busy so plan something