Is Dating Illegal In Dubai?

Topic locked
Is dating illegal in Dubai? Mar 06, 2008
I noticed all dating sites are blocked. no dating forums or chatrooms available. so .... !!!???

What does a single person need to do to date a non-player real person here in dubai?

I'm a non arab mature girl, hate bar scenes or cheap pick-up places, don't speak arabic and not sure if it's possible to meet a non-arab here!!

Other question: why so many married men look for a girlfriend here? Is married life so terrible in UAE, or they are just pure animals?

You can tell by my questions that I'm new in Dubai, shocked and wishing to go back every single day!

any thoughts on my questions?

mishi
Dubai Forum User

Mar 06, 2008
Thoughts?

You're doing it wrong.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Is dating illegal in Dubai? Mar 06, 2008
mishi wrote:I noticed all dating sites are blocked. no dating forums or chatrooms available. so .... !!!???

What does a single person need to do to date a non-player real person here in dubai?

I'm a non arab mature girl, hate bar scenes or cheap pick-up places, don't speak arabic and not sure if it's possible to meet a non-arab here!!

Other question: why so many married men look for a girlfriend here? Is married life so terrible in UAE, or they are just pure animals?

You can tell by my questions that I'm new in Dubai, shocked and wishing to go back every single day!

U'll get your answers
s
o
o
n
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 06, 2008
lol mishi where you looking to go back soon too? and hey isnt this thing happening everywhere on earth?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2008
well, where I came from wasn't this bad and I thought it was awful.

I know it's the same everywhere on earth, but some people have peace in certain places and not all. That's why I think of or hoping to return soon.

and to other response: I know i've been looking in wrong places, but what is right?!
mishi
Dubai Forum User

Mar 06, 2008
mishi wrote:well, where I came from wasn't this bad and I thought it was awful.

I know it's the same everywhere on earth, but some people have peace in certain places and not all. That's why I think of or hoping to return soon.

and to other response: I know i've been looking in wrong places, but what is right?!

there is no peace on earth :S you will only find peace in your home or bedroom :P. you still havent told us where u returning to.

no one knows where to look, if we all knew dont you think we would be there right now and looking :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2008
Lets just say where I came from, is not middle east. and it rains and rains and rains....
But the sunshine in Dubai hasn't been enough reason for me to stay.

I guess i will spend my life discovering the world again ;-)

P.S. why does it matter anyway?!
mishi
Dubai Forum User

Mar 07, 2008
hmmm am guessing you from england then :P

to be honest with you, you wont find your non-player guy on a chat room or on a forum or maybe :P. you are more likely to find him out there in the real world. in your office or probably at a car park or you might bump into him in the lift. so keep on looking you will find him. and hey dubai has many other reasons to stay apart from sunshine and a partner ;).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2008
Hi Mishi,
welcome to dubai :wink:
Well, as i'm new in this country as well as you are, me too found life here is not comfortable and feel not good for a first look
but, because itsn't my first time to travel to a foriegn country so may be i do fine till now with all this changes i find here and feel.
for dating subject, its not something for legal or illegal its regarding the arabic community habits and the ISP is who blocking these web sites when the another ISP (DU) is not block any.
So, if you are interesting in dating and have new friends it's matter of time and try to take a look about the city and hang up with your work collegues may be as my friends here said you may find someone be near or clsoe to you.
NOTE: for the arab pplz here and the national pplz married or not, may be they attract to you as any other guy from any nationality what ever married or not, so plz not becuase they are arab so they will be ANIMALS, am I right!
good luck and wish to you good stay @ Dubai
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 07, 2008
Hey Mishi,

Yes it's ridiculous that dating websites are blocked, yet you can go out and find a wife/husband at the drop of a hat.

Try something like Table For Six, you can look it up on the net.

Dating in this country is a mine field, and blokes here can be a nightmare, especially men from certain countries who feel it's ok to harrass you on FB, Myspace or whatever. Clubs and bars are not good places to meet decent people.

Find some nice dinner parties, join some clubs or groups to widen your horizons.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 07, 2008
by the way back to your question whether it is illegal or not. its not but if you get caught getting abit physical with your partner you will land urself in HUGE trouble. and good luck :)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
yes it's illegal, lol
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 10, 2008
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with me.
I'm still in the 3-months zone, and I guess that's where the problem is. I'm hoping to feel more at home after a while. Of course, I'm doing my best to get to know the city - including reading different postings in this forums...

cheers.
mishi
Dubai Forum User

Mar 10, 2008
I have to add to this thread, something a person recently moved to Dubai told me.

For someone who has never been here before it seems like what they see in the media gives this false impression of the city and they come in with very high expectations. So in the first months not only do you have to deal with being homesick, lonely, etc .. but also you have to deal with this huge disappointment that the dubai you saw on tv is not the same as the one you are living in now. I think this is amplified if you are here on a low salary that doesn't give you the chance to live the glamorous lifestyle that you imagined you would have here. Eventually things will be alright though :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2008
mishi wrote:I'm still in the 3-months zone, and I guess that's where the problem is. ...

Yep, you're still in the period of adjustment, and you'll get over it (sooner the better).As one of DF's well known zealot said..

ian wrote:This country is what you make it, and you have to make the effort.

Take advantage of the fusion of cultures you see in Dubai, different nationalities, languages, food and social norms.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 10, 2008
hmmm...dating sites & chatrooms vs bars & parties... isnt latter safer? at least you get to interact with a person face to face ....
all sorts of creeps from Facebook suddenly sprang to mind .. :shock: ..
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 10, 2008
There are creeps on Facebook?

Thanks for the heads up!
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Look! Mar 19, 2008
You said u just came here! shouldn't u be focusing on ur work, settle down, familiarize ur self with the city & get your residence visa before u start dating!! was the purpose of u coming here is to look for a date!
Does this make sense or am I totally off topic? u tell me!
Ah! by the way it's not illegal to date here, everybody I know here is dating, sometimes I pick-up my gf in front of a police patrol & they just said nothing.
:P
masrisy
Dubai Forum User

Re: Look! Mar 19, 2008
masrisy wrote:You said u just came here! shouldn't u be focusing on ur work, settle down, familiarize ur self with the city & get your residence visa before u start dating!! was the purpose of u coming here is to look for a date!
Does this make sense or am I totally off topic? u tell me!
Ah! by the way it's not illegal to date here, everybody I know here is dating, sometimes I pick-up my gf in front of a police patrol & they just said nothing.
:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm liking you already......a wily chap indeed... :D
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Is dating illegal in Dubai? Apr 03, 2008
I came in November 2006 and alreadly left that terrible country, people that like Dubai must have come from some worst place. Get out while you can.
Cupid
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Is dating illegal in Dubai? Apr 05, 2008
Cupid wrote:I came in November 2006 and alreadly left that terrible country, people that like Dubai must have come from some worst place. Get out while you can.

what made you say that?
Ragdoll
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Cupid wrote:I came in November 2006 and alreadly left that terrible country, people that like Dubai must have come from some worst place. Get out while you can.

Nobody said Dubai is good for everyone, each to his own..and we respect your opinion ...... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

mishi wrote:I noticed all dating sites are blocked. no dating forums or chatrooms available. so .... !!!???

I have felt the same thing........cultural shock. Dubai lacks quality ppl. Social scene aint the same like in Western countries so you have to get used to it. This country has double standards.... dating sites are blocked but walk down the bookstore and you find "Why do men love bitches".
"Mein Kampf" and "Positions to hit the **-spot".

Well i am new here and found few cool ppl to hang out.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

I have felt the same thing........cultural shock. Dubai lacks quality ppl. Social scene aint the same like in Western countries so you have to get used to it. This country has double standards.... dating sites are blocked but walk down the bookstore and you find "Why do men love bitches".
"Mein Kampf" and "Positions to hit the **-spot".

Well i am new here and found few cool ppl to hang out.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 06, 2008
Hang in there girl
there are plentyof ways to meet nice people in dxb

try you own expat comunity

Play sport

Have fun !!!!
JaceNZ
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

HI GUYS! WELCOME TO DUBAI Apr 09, 2008
guys dont loose ur patience, i have been here for last 3 and half yrs...i am still having patience and looking forward to date sum1 from the moon sumday..... :wink: check out with ur network, i hope u can find out ur date very easily 8) [/quote]
zia0584
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 09, 2008
zia sheesh u been looking for 3 years :S bloody hell u desperate aint ya :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 10, 2008
see rudeboy, the thing is, i think we shud not be so serious abt dating...if u seriously look for it, u never get it, i believe it automatically comes to u...so just wait and see, may be after having so much patience u wud get a rewarding date of ur life, who knows?? :wink:
zia0584
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 10, 2008
zia0584 wrote:see rudeboy, the thing is, i think we shud not be so serious abt dating...if u seriously look for it, u never get it, i believe it automatically comes to u...so just wait and see, may be after having so much patience u wud get a rewarding date of ur life, who knows?? :wink:

lol u saying some soni kuri is gonna fly out of the sky and fall in ur arms :D lol only if god was so generous :D. come on get over it and do something useful apart from hoping for some chick to fall in ur laps lol.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 19, 2008
i think.. because dubai is a conservative country and has an image to take care of.. that's why they also make some news black out if there is a bad news about dubai.. hhmm..
nasaansiallan
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance