Is Dating Illegal In Dubai?

Topic locked
I agreee Nov 07, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah dating is illegal, but it's okay to find a random stranger on the net to marry. How hypocritical is that?

I agree

jakobander
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Is dating illegal in Dubai? Nov 09, 2008
mishi wrote:I noticed all dating sites are blocked. no dating forums or chatrooms available. so .... !!!???

What does a single person need to do to date a non-player real person here in dubai?

I'm a non arab mature girl, hate bar scenes or cheap pick-up places, don't speak arabic and not sure if it's possible to meet a non-arab here!!

Other question: why so many married men look for a girlfriend here? Is married life so terrible in UAE, or they are just pure animals?

You can tell by my questions that I'm new in Dubai, shocked and wishing to go back every single day!

any thoughts on my questions?

you said many married men ......this phenomen is very common in all over the world not specifically in UAE. you might feel it very common in UAE is only because the number of expatriates and the indiginous society here is huge comparing the number of locals ....

Never mind by the time your point of view will be changed
Absou
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 09, 2008
Not all of it. Some of the dating parts are blocked by Etisalat, but the general friends and functions are fully open.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 10, 2008
okfiroz wrote:like www.arablounge.com or www.qiran.com

is it illigal site there?

Try clicking on them, Etisalat will soon tell you.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 16, 2008
Newbie in Dubai from HK
MaggieLam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 17, 2008
thats a constructive post
SpaZy
Dubai Forum User

Jun 24, 2009
I came in November 2006 and alreadly left that terrible country, people that like Dubai must have come from some worst place. Get out while you can.

you are not forced to stay here
you can go back from wherevre you come

life still good,, i love DXB :P
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 26, 2009
Kissy wrote:
I came in November 2006 and alreadly left that terrible country, people that like Dubai must have come from some worst place. Get out while you can.

I guess nobody asked for your opinion here LOL
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 27, 2009
Scorpion King wrote:
Kissy wrote:

why the topic is posted? :)
for reviewing ? :arrow:
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 27, 2009
Scorpion King wrote:
Kissy wrote:

Hush Scorpion,why don't u keep ur trap shut????
Masterofreality
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 27, 2009
Kissy wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:
Kissy wrote:

why the topic is posted? :)
for reviewing ? :arrow:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Masterofreality
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 28, 2009
Masterofreality wrote:
Hush Scorpion,why don't u keep ur trap shut????

What makes me wonder: why would anyone like u be sure other people need ur advice? we do not mind if u stick it into ur filet and just carry on wth ur tiny existence. amen.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 30, 2009
rudeboy wrote:to be honest with you, you wont find your non-player guy on a chat room or on a forum or maybe :P. you are more likely to find him out there in the real world. in your office or probably at a car park or you might bump into him in the lift. so keep on looking you will find him.

I totally agree. When I look back at the relationships I've had they've started in a variety of ways from being introduced through mutual friends to someone randomly catching my eye or vice versa.

My company ran a training day recently with various exercises in building rapour with customers. In one exercise we were shown clips from several movies where two strangers successfully broke down the barriers of not knowing the other with one initiating conversation. The trainer revealed at the end of a clip from 'Before Sunrise' (an excellent romantic film where two strangers sat in the same carriage on a train both make eye contact) that she'd been in many similar situations but never had the next part (where the other person starts a conversation). I asked the trainer (who by the nature of her job requires confidence) why she had never initiated the conversation herself? She seemed a little taken a back by my query, and after searching herself for the answer she said 'you're right, I guess I should have.' I asked as this as it's not the first time I heard a women saying that men don't approach. I feel sad that so many women are conditioned to believe that it is the man's 'role' to make the first move as a woman sits there hoping he will but afraid how she might come across were she to smile and say Hi?!

I met a female work colleague a few times (obviously we weren't dating as that's illegal :) ) and she'd been single for much of her 8 yrs in Dubai and her longest relationship was 3 months. Again a senior role within the company which requires leadership and a degree of confidence. I was surprised that a very attractive Italian woman struggled to meet men and she put it down to the lack of quality men in Dubai, which I accept to a certain degree. In the context of where we were (in a Mall) I asked her if she passed by a guy in a mall who really caught her eye would she act on her impulses? 'No certainly not' was the reply to which I said 'but it would make your day if he did and asked if you'd like to have a coffee sometime' ...'absolutely' was the responce?! Adapt or follow the herd, the choice is always yours and it's only your mindset to change.
Ruggedblond
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 30, 2009
Ruggedblond wrote:
rudeboy wrote:to be honest with you, you wont find your non-player guy on a chat room or on a forum or maybe :P. you are more likely to find him out there in the real world. in your office or probably at a car park or you might bump into him in the lift. so keep on looking you will find him.

I totally agree. When I look back at the relationships I've had they've started in a variety of ways from being introduced through mutual friends to someone randomly catching my eye or vice versa.

My company ran a training day recently with various exercises in building rapour with customers. In one exercise we were shown clips from several movies where two strangers successfully broke down the barriers of not knowing the other with one initiating conversation. The trainer revealed at the end of a clip from 'Before Sunrise' (an excellent romantic film where two strangers sat in the same carriage on a train both make eye contact) that she'd been in many similar situations but never had the next part (where the other person starts a conversation). I asked the trainer (who by the nature of her job requires confidence) why she had never initiated the conversation herself? She seemed a little taken a back by my query, and after searching herself for the answer she said 'you're right, I guess I should have.' I asked as this as it's not the first time I heard a women saying that men don't approach. I feel sad that so many women are conditioned to believe that it is the man's 'role' to make the first move as a woman sits there hoping he will but afraid how she might come across were she to smile and say Hi?!

I met a female work colleague a few times (obviously we weren't dating as that's illegal :) ) and she'd been single for much of her 8 yrs in Dubai and her longest relationship was 3 months. Again a senior role within the company which requires leadership and a degree of confidence. I was surprised that a very attractive Italian woman struggled to meet men and she put it down to the lack of quality men in Dubai, which I accept to a certain degree. In the context of where we were (in a Mall) I asked her if she passed by a guy in a mall who really caught her eye would she act on her impulses? 'No certainly not' was the reply to which I said 'but it would make your day if he did and asked if you'd like to have a coffee sometime' ...'absolutely' was the responce?! Adapt or follow the herd, the choice is always yours and it's only your mindset to change.

It is usually the man's role to break the ice as usually women hate to "blame" themselves if conversation or relationship goes dull. I used to do lots of cold approaches in Canada, here it's dull....
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 01, 2009
Dear Mishi,

Legal or not, dating is something that is quite prevelant in Dubai. And if u r smart, outgoing and adventurous, you will find this place really cool. And a lot to discover here... dates, love, partners & more.

All the best.
suhailf
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance