Dating An Arab Man

Topic locked
Dating an arab man Jan 12, 2009
i'm a filipina, and i met an arab man. he's an intelligent man, a major turn on for me. my friends had been telling me to cut whatever communication/ties i have with him. they said that arab men cant love, and will only use me for sex. ive read lots of horror stories involving my fellow filipinas being abused in arab countries, but then i'd like to think that not all arab men are bad. i happen to have a very high regard for Muslims, and i have wonderful Muslim friends.

this arab man told me he loves me, and would want me to come and join him in dubai, or him coming over, whichever is sooner. i felt that 'love' is too soon, i want to get to know him more. i'm torn coz i kept on remembering wat my friends told me, but at the same time, i want to give this guy a chance.

im confused :(

aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
well I would say 95% are liars, just wana get a quickie LOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 12, 2009
true not all arab men are bad, in fact some of them are really sweet, gentleman, caring & family oriented. but you have to be careful cos most of them are looking only for transitional gf while they are being arranged for marriage by their families.

i assume that you have not seen him so it depends on exactly what your expectations are. are you looking for marriage? the title is quite confusing cos you posted dating an arab man but you said this"would want me to come and join him in dubai, or him coming over, whichever is sooner" connotes that it is leading to marriage.
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dating an arab man Jan 12, 2009
aisha7 wrote:this arab man told me he loves me, and would want me to come and join him in dubai, or him coming over, whichever is sooner. i felt that 'love' is too soon, i want to get to know him more. i'm torn coz i kept on remembering wat my friends told me, but at the same time, i want to give this guy a chance.
im confused :(

Are you saying that you're going to marry the guy? since it is forbidden to live with a boyfriend/girlfriend here in Arab countries.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2009
global_headhunter wrote:i assume that you have not seen him so it depends on exactly what your expectations are. are you looking for marriage? the title is quite confusing cos you posted dating an arab man but you said this"would want me to come and join him in dubai, or him coming over, whichever is sooner" connotes that it is leading to marriage.

i have seen him, in pictures.

confusing title? i dont think so. but let me clarify sumting: coming over for a visit. does that mean marrying? not in my book. but i dunno how it goes in dubai. if coming over means getting married, no, i dont wanna get married yet.

@ArchitectRoel: i think he mentioned sumting about gettimg me my own flat/villa...that is, IF EVER, im coming over
aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
aisha7 wrote:i have seen him, in pictures.
confusing title? i dont think so. but let me clarify sumting: coming over for a visit. does that mean marrying? not in my book. but i dunno how it goes in dubai. if coming over means getting married, no, i dont wanna get married yet.
@ArchitectRoel: i think he mentioned sumting about gettimg me my own flat/villa...that is, IF EVER, im coming over

Hollyy Coww!!!
You never met him..for goodness sake wake up kabayan!!
1.Unmarried couples: If you get caught living with him in the same room/flat/villa by the police you be imprisoned.
2.Visit visa is only last for a month.After that youl be penalized per day!

Be careful look before you leap!
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2009
Aisha, hate to say it, but open your eyes and don't be so naive!

To get involved with someone you've never met like that, is sooooo dangerous! How do you know the pictures are even him? There are some serious weirdos (from all over the world) trawling the internet for unsuspecting victims!

Don't do it, no way, no how!

And anyway if he's a local guy, sad to say that he will only want one thing from you, and to keep you on the side for fun, that's all you'll ever be.

Kick him to the curb, wake up and don't be so gullible.

Sorry if ths seems harsh, but this is how some people end up in a box!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 12, 2009
nah its ok....dats why im asking opinions in the first place right?

ive had relationships wid some foreign guys,but not wid a middle eastern/arab. all i heard were horror stories.

@ArchitectRoel: im pretty sure it was him. you see, he is a friend of a former officemate. but our interaction is limited online. so the pics that he sent me was his, according to my former officemate. the former officemate was the 'bridge'

thank you for your comments guys....im kinda sad but you are right :(
aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
aisha7 wrote: @ArchitectRoel: i think he mentioned sumting about gettimg me my own flat/villa...that is, IF EVER, im coming over

coming over for a visit? then what? like what architect roel said tourist visa last for a month only. non-renewable. he must be a rich guy if he is getting you a flat... extremely rich i must say if a villa on your own. i hope he did not say in the marina.

whoops! posted after aisha responded. good thinking girl...
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 12, 2009
global_headhunter wrote:
aisha7 wrote: @ArchitectRoel: i think he mentioned sumting about gettimg me my own flat/villa...that is, IF EVER, im coming over

coming over for a visit? then what? like what architect roel said tourist visa last for a month only. non-renewable. he must be a rich guy if he is getting you a flat... extremely rich i must say if a villa on your own. i hope he did not say in the marina. don't be gullible...

i had him checked. i have friends in dubai who know their way around. yup, he is rich.

im not totally daft as u might think.

all i want to know really is what arab men are like. if seeing the goodness in any person is stupidity, then im guilty. u see, im just the type of person who doesnt think like 'all arabs are terrorists', etc. yeah sure some maybe @**holes, but im sure there are decent ones?

dang, im actually starting to get scared :?
aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
don't be scared of them aisha... like i said above some of them if not most are really decent. i am working in the recruitment business and i have had the chance to interact with extremely well educated arabs. very professional though some i must admit will test your patience :roll: :roll: :lol:
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 12, 2009
global_headhunter wrote:coming over for a visit? then what? like what architect roel said tourist visa last for a month only. non-renewable. he must be a rich guy if he is getting you a flat... extremely rich i must say if a villa on your own. i hope he did not say in the marina.

Ordinary people can get a villa/flat since the contract is only rentable for 1 year..He says getting her a flat not buying her a flat/villa.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2009
global_headhunter wrote:don't be scared of them aisha... like i said above some of them if not most are really decent. i am working in the recruitment business and i have had the chance to interact with extremely well educated arabs. very professional though some i must admit will test your patience :roll: :roll: :lol:

im kinda veering towards to horror stories...but a lil part says there are still decent arab men out there. :)

thanks for the heads up :D
aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote: Ordinary people can get a villa/flat since the contract is only rentable for 1 year..He says getting her a flat not buying her a flat/villa.

sure architect... but how much is the going rate for a crappy 1 bedroom now? 85k - 90k unfurnished... a rental in bur dubai for a 1 bedroom is 110 - 120k as of last year. a serviced apartment guess how much... need i say more about villas?
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 12, 2009
Aisha7. I don't know if you are for real, but lets assume you are. Listen to UAEKid above. He is the only local who has responded to your OP so far. Please don't get hurt.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 12, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Aisha7. I don't know if you are for real, but lets assume you are. Listen to UAEKid above. He is the only local who has responded to your OP so far. Please don't get hurt.

yes im for real. im not trying to justify things, im just responding to their questions.

i appreciate your responses actually. thanks a bunch

8)
aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
aisha7 wrote:i appreciate your responses actually. thanks a bunch

Here's a blog about Filipinas it says Filipinos are by and large educated, but not too informed you can read it if you want to:
http://outcastsuperstar.blogspot.com/2008/04/ridding-filipinas-of-their-delusions.html
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote: Here's a blog about Filipinas it says Filipinos are by and large educated, but not too informed you can read it if you want to:
http://outcastsuperstar.blogspot.com/2008/04/ridding-filipinas-of-their-delusions.html

honest assessment from a foreigner... an interesting read. thanks architect for the link :)
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 12, 2009
As an Arab guy myself... I would agree with 90% of all what already being said...

if you are looking to date him during your holidays and go back to you home country.. I would say you probably will get what you want from him..

but nothing more... trust me...

yet, you need to reconsider that dating a person you only knew online is not a good idea.

if you have friends in Dubai, pay them a visit and stay with them... don't stay in his place... meet him in a public place and see how it goes moving forward.
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 12, 2009
Of course not all Arab guys are bad. But the fact is you will neve get anything long term out of him. Due to cultural pressures, most guys date and have fun with women of other nationalities - and if that's all you're looking for then fine - but they will settle with an Arab girl.

And yes, what the others are saying about meeting in a public place and not staying in somewhere he puts you is correct.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 12, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Of course not all Arab guys are bad. But the fact is you will neve get anything long term out of him. Due to cultural pressures, most guys date and have fun with women of other nationalities - and if that's all you're looking for then fine - but they will settle with an Arab girl.

Indeed... its not that Arab men are bad... its the culture and social pressure that makes most Arab men never get committed with Asian/western ladies.

In this open multicultural age... its possible yet very limited

Men will remain MEN everywhere... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 12, 2009
FYI, I know some Arab men who are married to filipina girls, one of them is my boss :D...
Anyway I would agree that 95% of men (In general all over the world) are *****.
I general I would advice all girls who are looking for serious relationships to be very careful when they meet guys (face to face), and be ready for all probabilities, unless you are lucky and got one out of the 5% of us.
And in your situation its a keyboards relationship, I won't say say it never worked before because I am sure all of us have heard of good stories started from a keyboard hand writing, but I would just advice you to be ready for any 1% that this guy is just playing or a 99% .
cheers, good luck.
M.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Hellllo Jan 12, 2009
uaekid: Ahhh, C'mon man, how could you say that? we are not all like that, and do you
think your country men are not running for "Quickie" as well???

global_headhunter: there are famillies forcing their children to marry only from their countries girls, they raised them and they wish the best for them. is that wrong?

aisha7: to be frank, I like filipino people, im not criticising them, but cuz im planing to marry a girl from there someday, everyone warning me, they say she might cheat on you, or she can make a "quickie" with her x for a change and to remember her nice past, or she can easly take your kids and run away. we hear some scary stories as well, which is not aplicable on them all.

quatroporte: I rate your comment as the best.

My word for you Aisha. dont think about the money if he offered. sometimes it worths the risk, but it might be against your happiness. I know a filipina who was in a relation with a rich english manager, she lived with him in a luxerious house, fancy life, but she wasn't happy at all. then she left him with a poor waiter, searching for a simple life. get the one who will live with you in a room, but makes you happy, where ever he came from. Im arab, and I can sure tell you there are many good guys around, and there are other pain in the *** as well. No hasty decisions ma'am. God bless u.
howdy

Re: Hellllo Jan 12, 2009
howdy wrote:
My word for you Aisha. dont think about the money if he offered. sometimes it worths the risk, but it might be against your happiness. I know a filipina who was in a relation with a rich english manager, she lived with him in a luxerious house, fancy life, but she wasn't happy at all. then she left him with a poor waiter, searching for a simple life. get the one who will live with you in a room, but makes you happy, where ever he came from. Im arab, and I can sure tell you there are many good guys around, and there are other pain in the *** as well. No hasty decisions ma'am. God bless u.

hmmm honestly he's not offering money, maybe coz he saw that he doesn't have to? i mean, im not richie rich but not exactly poor either. i have a comfortable life, and he saw that. what he said was he'll make sure i'll be comfortable.

im sorry about the horror stories that you heard about filipinas. sad to say some of it are true. but then, you can smell a goldigger or a player a mile away. you can always tell by the way they talk. good luck, God bless you too sadiq 8)
aisha7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Hellllo Jan 13, 2009
aisha7 wrote:
howdy wrote:

hmmm honestly he's not offering money, maybe coz he saw that he doesn't have to? i mean, im not richie rich but not exactly poor either. i have a comfortable life, and he saw that. what he said was he'll make sure i'll be comfortable.

im sorry about the horror stories that you heard about filipinas. sad to say some of it are true. but then, you can smell a goldigger or a player a mile away. you can always tell by the way they talk. good luck, God bless you too sadiq 8)

Why not meet him in your comfort zone not his and see what he is like ...
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Galactico wrote:Why not meet him in your comfort zone not his and see what he is like ...

If he's true gentleman, he'll go to the Philippines...Get to know each other better..
...But I don't think he got the balls.haha
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2009
lol 14 years ive lived here in UAE and you dont know the horrors i have eye witnessed with my friends or people i used know who did what you are about to do. i-babahay ka lang nya and use you as a parausan. trust me we used to rent a part of our villa, and the same thing happened to the filipina girl, she was pretty beautiful too and almost everyday i would see her with blue and black bruises over her body. when we ask her what happned she just says she fell/hit something. thats one thing but the most common is, once nagsawa na sila they will just dump the girl alone. anyways, suggest ko sayo you will be better off with a pinoy. but thats upto you, kakahiya kseh minsan kababayan d2 kasama ibang lahi, they look pretty cheap to be honest.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

howdy wrote: global_headhunter: there are famillies forcing their children to marry only from their countries girls, they raised them and they wish the best for them. is that wrong?

hey howdy in what part of my post did i say arranged marriage is wrong? kindly re-read my post: "true not all arab men are bad, in fact some of them are really sweet, gentleman, caring & family oriented. but you have to be careful cos most of them are looking only for transitional gf while they are being arranged for marriage by their families."

i am stating a fact, cos isn't it true that some arab men actually look for gfs outside their culture when they are not yet ready to get married but when the time comes that they want to start a family they follow their family's wishes? its your culture and tradition and i totally respect it. if it works for you then who is to say that what you are doing is wrong? no one should, cos its your life.

aisha is asking for opinions so i said my piece, ultimately it's her decision.
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2009
xero_ wrote:but thats upto you, kakahiya kseh minsan kababayan d2 kasama ibang lahi, they look pretty cheap to be honest.

wag makitid ang utak mo kabayan, mas nakakahiya yata na pinoy nga ang kasama mo pero me pamilya na naiwan sa pilipinas tapos yung pera na para sa mga anak eh ginagastos sa babae nya sa dubai o di kaya sa sobrang kapal yung ipapadala sa pamilya eh nanggagaling sa bulsa ng babae. meron ding pinoy na nagkukunwaring walang asawa at nanliligaw ng kabayan na kahit matino at galing sa maayos na pamilya eh walang pakialam para lang makagamit. o sabihin na nating single nga ang lalaki pero 3 naman ang kasintahan.

wag kang ipokrito, kaya ka nagagalit sa mga pilipina na me kasamang ibang lahi dahil di ka pwede sa ibang lahi.
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 13, 2009
global_headhunter wrote:
xero_ wrote:but thats upto you, kakahiya kseh minsan kababayan d2 kasama ibang lahi, they look pretty cheap to be honest.

wag makitid ang utak mo kabayan, mas nakakahiya yata na pinoy nga ang kasama mo pero me pamilya na naiwan sa pilipinas tapos yung pera na para sa mga anak eh ginagastos sa babae nya sa dubai o di kaya sa sobrang kapal yung ipapadala sa pamilya eh nanggagaling sa bulsa ng babae. meron ding pinoy na nagkukunwaring walang asawa at nanliligaw ng kabayan na kahit matino at galing sa maayos na pamilya eh walang pakialam para lang makagamit. o sabihin na nating single nga ang lalaki pero 3 naman ang kasintahan.

wag kang ipokrito, kaya ka nagagalit sa mga pilipina na me kasamang ibang lahi dahil di ka pwede sa ibang lahi.

German: Wie sagt mal?
Dutch: Wat zeg je?
English: What did you say?
French: Comment dit fois ?

I wonder... english please! :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance