Can A Non Arab Guy Marry An Arab Girl

Topic locked
Can a non Arab Guy marry an Arab Girl Sep 11, 2006
Just out of inquisitiveness.. can a non Arab, non muslim guy marry an Arab girl.. is it allowed in UAE ?

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 11, 2006
i think this has been discussed before in some thread...
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 11, 2006
yeah it was discussed before.......well

here in dubai it doesnt matter, it depends on the parents of both sides. But a non muslim guy cannot marry a muslim girl, the islamic law here wont marry them...

thats what i know
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
Wouldn't the guy have to convert to Islam first?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Wouldn't the guy have to convert to Islam first?

For them to get married yes
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
like bleakus said, it depends on the parents. also you wont have a legal marriage though since you are not muslim (because no one will legaly marry you here).

so,

whos the lucky girl :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
what about civil marriage? do they acknowledge it in UAE? cos in lebanon u cant have civil marriage but if u went out of the country and did it , when u come you will recognized as a husband and wife with all the rights just like a religious wedding.. :shock: :shock:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:what about civil marriage? do they acknowledge it in UAE? cos in lebanon u cant have civil marriage but if u went out of the country and did it , when u come you will recognized as a husband and wife with all the rights just like a religious wedding.. :shock: :shock:

if he was muslim, then yes it would be recognized. however, since he is not the marriage will not be.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
bushra21 wrote:like bleakus said, it depends on the parents. also you wont have a legal marriage though since you are not muslim (because no one will legaly marry you here).

so,

whos the lucky girl :wink:

Just keepin it as a nice surprise to all ;)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Wouldn't the guy have to convert to Islam first?

Not ALL arabs are muslims .....choco dont u get it after staying in SA and UAE :shock:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
That's kind of dumb that a non muslim man can't marry a muslim woman.

Isn't that a kind of discrimination, like an african man can't marry a white woman even if they love each other?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:That's kind of dumb that a non muslim man can't marry a muslim woman.

Isn't that a kind of discrimination, like an african man can't marry a white woman even if they love each other?

no its not discrimination... its a religion and thats how it works....

And if he loves her, it shouldn't be a problem for him to convert
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2006
well if a non circumsized man converts to Islam, wouldn't he have to get circumsized. ouch

And yes it is discrimination, if the man very religious or an athiest it would be an insult to have to convert/ subscribe to a set of beliefs that he doesn't care for.

Alina4u

Are you muslim? If so and you fell in love with a non muslim, why can't you just convert out of your religion. This is a double standard that exists in the muslim world. As Kanelli has said people of other faiths, or even other sects of Islam are routinely discriminated against. If you expect moderates in the west to not discriminate than surely you (muslims) need to do the same. Bahai's in Iran are sometimes hung yet I have never heard a muslim organization in the west or in the muslim world speak out against these injustices. They usually only speak out against one injustice in the middle east and that's zionism. The west will never take you seriously until muslims unequivicolly denounce muslim imperialism and discrimination against women, homose.xuals, religious minorities and even racism against non arabs as seen in Saudi and Sudan. Muslims nowadays only speak against zionism and bristle against any criticisms on Islam, thats to bad, your religion has its faults and the Koran needs to be updated for the 21st century.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:well if a non circumsized man converts to Islam, wouldn't he have to get circumsized. ouch

And yes it is discrimination, if the man very religious or an athiest it would be an insult to have to convert/ subscribe to a set of beliefs that he doesn't care for.

Alina4u

Are you muslim? If so and you fell in love with a non muslim, why can't you just convert out of your religion. This is a double standard that exists in the muslim world. As Kanelli has said people of other faiths, or even other sects of Islam are routinely discriminated against. If you expect moderates in the west to not discriminate than surely you (muslims) need to do the same. Bahai's in Iran are sometimes hung yet I have never heard a muslim organization in the west or in the muslim world speak out against these injustices. They usually only speak out against one injustice in the middle east and that's zionism. The west will never take you seriously until muslims unequivicolly denounce muslim imperialism and discrimination against women, homose.xuals, religious minorities and even racism against non arabs as seen in Saudi and Sudan. Muslims nowadays only speak against zionism and bristle against any criticisms on Islam, thats to bad, your religion has its faults and the Koran needs to be updated for the 21st century.

lol ....... religions can be changed but not race....ther are some religions like Judaism and Druzze that u cant even convert unless one of ur parents is from their religion. And yes there are muslims that protest against the conditions in muslim world but u rarely see published in paper. U have to c muslim world is not central organization , it is disperesed. And e did u read the Quran to say it to b changed? Cos as far as i know it hasnt been changed and isnt allowed o b changed until the day of judgement
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
lol ....... religions can be changed but not race....ther are some religions like Judaism and Druzze that u cant even convert unless one of ur parents is from their religion. And yes there are muslims that protest against the conditions in muslim world but u rarely see published in paper. U have to c muslim world is not central organization , it is disperesed. And e did u read the Quran to say it to b changed? Cos as far as i know it hasnt been changed and isnt allowed o b changed until the day of judgement

There are many people who convert to Judaism. Where are these Muslims that you speak of? I notice that muslims usually refer to the wahabbis in Saudi as not real muslims, and the Taliban as not real muslims, and the Clerics in London who call for the deaths of non muslims as not real muslims. So my question is, who are the real muslims? Where are these groups that speak (routinely) against the honor killings in Iran (and Pakistan) and the killing of Bahai's. Could you show post their website? I'm sorry to say this, but even if there are a couple of muslim groups in the West that seek true equality between Homos.exuals and other alienated groups its just spitting in the wind.

religions can be changed but not race

Does that mean that you can convert out of Islam without being labelled an apostate? :roll:
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:well if a non circumsized man converts to Islam, wouldn't he have to get circumsized. ouch

Alina4u

Dear valkyrie,

you can diss me but not my religion, point out faults are coming from your point of view.....you have to realized that there are muslims in this forum and i am one of them who love his religion, i take great offence of that post for attacking sacred book of islam. We have our religion and there are many other religions in this world that other people follow.....
There are some points/subjects of islam that you need to search and understand why that point is allowed/prohibited before attacking.
What does zionism have to do with this thread anyway? Zionism is a political movement, what is it to do with marriage between a non muslim and a muslim?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
"you can diss me but not my religion"

Why not? Muslims denigrate Judaism and Christianity. If I remember correctly the koran refers to Jews and Christians as apes and pigs. I won't tolerate intolerance, I'm as indignant of christian fascists who attack Homos.exuals as I am of Muslims.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:lol ....... religions can be changed but not race....ther are some religions like Judaism and Druzze that u cant even convert unless one of ur parents is from their religion. And yes there are muslims that protest against the conditions in muslim world but u rarely see published in paper. U have to c muslim world is not central organization , it is disperesed. And e did u read the Quran to say it to b changed? Cos as far as i know it hasnt been changed and isnt allowed o b changed until the day of judgement

There are many people who convert to Judaism. Where are these Muslims that you speak of? I notice that muslims usually refer to the wahabbis in Saudi as not real muslims, and the Taliban as not real muslims, and the Clerics in London who call for the deaths of non muslims as not real muslims. So my question is, who are the real muslims? Where are these groups that speak (routinely) against the honor killings in Iran (and Pakistan) and the killing of Bahai's. Could you show post their website? I'm sorry to say this, but even if there are a couple of muslim groups in the West that seek true equality between Homos.exuals and other alienated groups its just spitting in the wind.

religions can be changed but not race

Does that mean that you can convert out of Islam without being labelled an apostate? :roll:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez... it seem scommon sense is not comon anymore these days......do u knwo what's the meaning of apostate or renegade? if a US GI leaves his army and joins al qaeda. Will US army open it's arms and accept him? No Similar way all major religions form hinduism to judaism and islam have their apostate... they have em in place cos they had to preserve their ideology......we are human beings only differing , bickering arguing over ideals and idea wheater it be politics, religion, race and other issues. Recently there was a bomb attack in a small muslim commuity in Mumbai, India http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5330832.stm

read teh last paragraph:
But does it hurt to see no Muslim country came out to condemn the latest attacks on them?

so there u go they didnt evencondem attack against their own religion like in darfur - arabs muslims killing non-arab muslims (like christain allied killing christain axis).

val i guess u base ur entire understandign on internet alone .....reading top ten on google rankings ..no wonder u went to fuckfrance site which i wont even spit cos it's so rudimentary site with ppl with rudimentary minds! I suggest u read books from libraries written by both eastern and western authors so u can get balanced view...... or example I was so interested in history of Mongolian empire......especially when Hulagu destroyed the capitalbaghdad , there u can read amazing dialouges passed bet ween the caliph and king. Unfortunately i didnt get one book which contained complete dialogues so i had to read through 15 books and many articles to get complete picture of it. U can't dismiss all religions as crap....there was certain reason that it spread like fire...u may assume ppl those days were primitive minded but I belive there are certain things that dont change in human nature even after eons ahve passed.

As for the site which bashes muslims here is the site Muslim awake http://www.muslimwakeup.com/
This is one of the many community groups which is open minded - accepts h*mos*xuals , fights for equal rights for women and other stuffs......give it a visit
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
I am aware of Irshad Manji, and have read her book and visited that site in the past. Sadly most Muslims would condemn her for what she is doing, indeed even some leftists call her an agent provocateur.

As for FF.com, I was trolling that site and eventually was banned, so I don't know where you're getting at? Are you saying that I subscribe to the racist views on that site?

"No Similar way all major religions form hinduism to judaism and islam have their apostate"

Whatever makes you feel better. I'm unaware of Jews who leave their religion are subjected to being killed, tortured or even branded an apostate. Perhaps you could enlighten me? And I have read alot of books, most of them have been literary classics (War and Peace, The Sound of Fury, Twilight of the Idols, City of God)I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I do read for pleasure.

"Recently there was a bomb attack in a small muslim commuity in Mumbai, India"

Possibly perpetrated by Muslims

Mumbai, Sept. 10 (PTI): The explosive devices that killed 31 people in Malegaon possibly contained RDX and were "identical" to the bombs used in the blasts on commuter trains here on July 11, top police sources said here today.

"Not only are the devices used in the two attacks (in Malegaon and Mumbai) quite identical, and in the Malegaon blasts, the use of RDX is becoming evident," a top police official supervising the probe into the bombings told PTI here.

The forensic tests are now prompting investigators to probe the possibility of the perpetrators of the two attacks being the same persons or belonging to the same terrorist group, the sources said.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/00 ... 101615.htm
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:"you can diss me but not my religion"

Why not? Muslims denigrate Judaism and Christianity. If I remember correctly the koran refers to Jews and Christians as apes and pigs. I won't tolerate intolerance, I'm as indignant of christian fascists who attack Homos.exuals as I am of Muslims.

So you spend your time find faults on all religions? If you disagree about a certain religion keep it to yourself? if you face people who are muslims that are constantly attacking...i mean day by day.....attacking other religions.....im not one of them? That does not give you the right to attack the quran and whats written in the quran, that includes muslims.

"you have a religion, and i have mine" lets keep it that way
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Bleakus wrote:

So you spend your time find faults on all religions? If you disagree about a certain religion keep it to yourself? if you face people who are muslims that are constantly attacking...i mean day by day.....attacking other religions.....im not one of them? That does not give you the right to attack the quran and whats written in the quran, that includes muslims.

News to me. Why can't a secular athiest criticize religion? If it offends your sensibilities then you should have criticized Islam before western athiests had to step in. My foremost concern is Christianity, and after that religion is destroyed than western athiests will turn their attention to the Muslim world. If there is anything left of Islam, western athiests will unite with our eastern athiest comrades and help dismantle the mysoginist, patriarchal religion of Islam.

edit: Going back to the original topic, why can't a muslim woman marry a non muslim, but a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman?
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

News to me. Why can't a secular athiest criticize religion? If it offends your sensibilities then you should have criticized Islam before western athiests had to step in. My foremost concern is Christianity, and after that religion is destroyed than western athiests will turn their attention to the Muslim world. If there is anything left of Islam, western athiests will unite with our eastern athiest comrades and help dismantle the mysoginist, patriarchal religion of Islam.

edit: Going back to the original topic, why can't a muslim woman marry a non muslim, but a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman?

Dude, instead of filling this thread with this argument, i will PM you my number, call me and we will discuss this, or we can open a different thread for this subject
I am interested in talking to you about this subject because your points are interesting and i might learn from you ;)

Edit: I will come back to you as soon as possible for subject, gotta find out exactly why
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:
"Recently there was a bomb attack in a small muslim commuity in Mumbai, India"

Possibly perpetrated by Muslims

Mumbai, Sept. 10 (PTI): The explosive devices that killed 31 people in Malegaon possibly contained RDX and were "identical" to the bombs used in the blasts on commuter trains here on July 11, top police sources said here today.

"Not only are the devices used in the two attacks (in Malegaon and Mumbai) quite identical, and in the Malegaon blasts, the use of RDX is becoming evident," a top police official supervising the probe into the bombings told PTI here.

The forensic tests are now prompting investigators to probe the possibility of the perpetrators of the two attacks being the same persons or belonging to the same terrorist group, the sources said.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/00 ... 101615.htm

yeah those muzzies thought why not reduce our own polulation and blow ourselves so they bombed the train and their mosque....lol

for ur info hindu was the paper which claimed some muslim terrorists burned the train carrying hindu pilgrims and their was a riot where many estimated 3000 muzzies died...then investigation found out accidental gas leak in kitchen!

what ever u say val it seems to me u r new to this argument .

bac to the topic , i have given my answer
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
valkyrie wrote:edit: Going back to the original topic, why can't a muslim woman marry a non muslim, but a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman?

a muslim man cannot just marry any non musilm woman. the woman has to be devout follower of the people of the book (christianity or judaisim -- which is how they are referred to in the quran)if the woman belongs to any other religion (hinduism, agnostic, buddhism and so on) he is not allowed to marry her.

i was told that the reason allah has made it acceptable for men to marry a non muslim woman (from the people of the book) is because originally, those two religions are similar to Islam, and if she is devout, she is following the basics of Islam as well. Also, because the children are more likely to follow the religion of the father rather than the mother.

and that is what i know, hope it helps.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
valkyrie wrote:edit: Going back to the original topic, why can't a muslim woman marry a non muslim, but a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman?

a muslim man cannot just marry any non musilm woman. the woman has to be devout follower of the people of the book (christianity or judaisim -- which is how they are referred to in the quran)if the woman belongs to any other religion (hinduism, agnostic, buddhism and so on) he is not allowed to marry her.

i was told that the reason allah has made it acceptable for men to marry a non muslim woman (from the people of the book) is because originally, those two religions are similar to Islam, and if she is devout, she is following the basics of Islam as well. Also, because the children are more likely to follow the religion of the father rather than the mother.

and that is what i know, hope it helps.

you took the words right out of mouth bushra, thats what i was about to say
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
To answer your questions... My Palestinian Mother (a Muslim) and my British Fatehr (a Christian) got married 25 years ago.
My Dad converted to Islam because he loved my mum so much and realised that Islam actually made a lot of sense.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 12, 2006
i know some else where that happened to the person, the father converted to islam to marry the mother
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
i would never want to change anybodies religion to marry me :shock: i believe in civil marriage and thats it , he can keep his religion and i keep mine ..No harm done and when the babies come they can choose their religion ... thats the way things should be ...
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2006
Corcovado wrote:i would never want to change anybodies religion to marry me :shock: i believe in civil marriage and thats it , he can keep his religion and i keep mine ..No harm done and when the babies come they can choose their religion ... thats the way things should be ...

I agree at 100%
JackTheRipper
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2006
just because things should be a certain way, doesnt mean they are.

i know im going to get much flack for saying this...but i agree with my religion when it says that i cannot marry someone out of my religion. it makes sense to me, and i dont see anything wrong with it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance