Are Long Distance Relationships Worth Being In?

Topic locked
are long distance relationships worth being in? Apr 19, 2006
[i] i am just wondering whether or not it is appropriate to pursue long distance relationships?

Can we do it without any tinge of jealousy?
Let me know what you think
[/i]

ras
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: are long distance relationships worth being in? Apr 19, 2006
ras wrote: i am just wondering whether or not it is appropriate to pursue long distance relationships?

Welcome Ras,

Fair subject for your first post.

Have had some very successful long distance relationships, the distance can sometimes make the occasions when you get together much more exciting. You have lots to catch up on and plenty to talk about.

Depends on the individuals involved of course, but yes they can work and yes they are worthwhile. Any tinge of jealousy depends on the level of trust you both have. If it builds up then maybe there is not such a strong relationship after all and the truth will come out.

Words of wisdom from someone who knows!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

looking for love Apr 19, 2006
[i am interested in meeting a muslim girl from dubai. ages 17-27.
i am a muslim gentleman from africa.In my mid twenties and single.
Drop me a mail.[/list]
ras
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 19, 2006
Hmmmmm.....

Unsuccessful for me :cry: :cry:

But then it's always worse when you're the one who is being left behind..... :(
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

ras wrote: i am just wondering whether or not it is appropriate to pursue long distance relationships?

i agree with Knight, it all depends on the ones involved, but in a long distance relationship there r 3 involved, u, ur lady and miss distance-who can cause lots of troubles if u allow her to.
about jealousy: well in a long dinstance relationship, when ur loved one is far from u, it's so hard not to be jealous at all, but as long as u r sure about ur/her feelings and there is a genuine love i think it's worth it to control it. love it the only guarantee!
Some say that absence diminishes small love and increases great ones, but u should know better.
best of luck and lots of love!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dubai Knight wrote:Welcome Ras,

I think you spoke too soon DK. Don't want to presume too much but second post was abit suspect.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

XRW-147 wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Welcome Ras,

I think you spoke too soon DK. Don't want to presume too much but second post was abit suspect.

.. and i wouldnt be surprised if the third one is a private message to someone.. :wink:
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 19, 2006
I think long distance relationship most of the time finish with break up.
It might be convenient for some ppl, though, to be in a relationship and be far from the other one invloved in it.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t think LDR really works. It takes PLENTY of patience, trust, understanding, communication and of course love for LDR to be a success, which usually people cant keep up to. Misunderstandings can be complex to resolve and can add up to the feelings of being in a miserable relationship. Like for example when you need to be with your better half badly on a bad day. Those little things keep piling up & then you get tired & break up.
Never worked for me.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 19, 2006
..and as they say... a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.. :lol:

but on a serious note, the cellphone can never take the place of her smile..

for guys in particular, the physical aspect is also important, i mean the fulfilment of the five senses..

this world has many temptations.. its really difficult to save your love long enough for someone you dont meet for years..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 19, 2006
But isn't it much easier these days with so many forms of communication? The world is definately a much smaller place. I would say it really depends on whether you intend to end up in the same place eventually.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 19, 2006
i have good experience in that! so from my own experience, YES it does work out BUT not if it lasted for more than a year or so.. then it's just depressing.. but for a while it's ok.. like if the partner has to travel and stay away for a certain 'fixed' period of time.
katy
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:But isn't it much easier these days with so many forms of communication? The world is definately a much smaller place. I would say it really depends on whether you intend to end up in the same place eventually.

Well yeh With the internet... Cam chat, texting it sure helps.. but end of the day.. its LDR. Ofcourse I dont mean to say LDR are impossible to survive, but they hardly do. Also if there is a Fixed duration you know you have to stay away from eachother, still helps in surviving the LDR. like Katy said.
easternjewel

Apr 21, 2006
mmmmmm........I was involved in LDR and LSD hehehe, the first one drove me nuts the second one soothed me. Eventhough the relationship is now extinct, deep inside I still think of her and dedicate one of my heart beats to her love.........
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2006
[quote="sniper420"]mmmmmm........I was involved in LDR and LSD hehehe, the first one drove me nuts the second one soothed me. Eventhough the relationship is now extinct, deep inside [b]I still think of her and dedicate one of my heart beats to her love[/b].........[/quote]

awww.. romantic..
katy
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 21, 2006
sniper420 wrote:mmmmmm........I was involved in LDR and LSD hehehe, the first one drove me nuts the second one soothed me. Eventhough the relationship is now extinct, deep inside I still think of her and dedicate one of my heart beats to her love.........

LSD?
easternjewel

Apr 22, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
sniper420 wrote:mmmmmm........I was involved in LDR and LSD hehehe, the first one drove me nuts the second one soothed me. Eventhough the relationship is now extinct, deep inside I still think of her and dedicate one of my heart beats to her love.........

LSD?

ACID
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2006
cadmus wrote:
ACID

ACID?
easternjewel

Apr 22, 2006
LSD -lysergic acid diethylamide, commonly called acid, LSD, or LSD-25, is a powerful semisynthetic psychedelic drug colloquially measured in "hits" or "tabs". An average single dose of LSD during the 1960s was between 100 and 150 micrograms, a tiny amount roughly equal to one-tenth the weight of a grain of sand. Today, a typical single dose of LSD is as low as 25–50 micrograms. Threshold effects can be felt with as little as 20 micrograms. The effects of LSD can vary greatly, depending on factors such as previous experiences, state of mind and environment, as well as dose strength. Generally, LSD causes expansion and altered experience of senses, emotions, memories, and awareness for 8 to 14 hours. In addition, LSD usually produces visual effects such as moving geometric patterns, "trails" behind moving objects, and brilliant colors. LSD does not produce hallucinations in the strict sense but instead illusions and vivid daydream-like fantasies, in which ordinary objects and experiences can take on entirely different appearances or meanings. At higher concentrations it can cause synaesthesia. The drug sometimes spurs long-term or even permanent changes in a user's personality and life perspective.

LSD is synthesized from lysergic acid derived from ergot, a grain fungus that typically grows on rye. LSD is sensitive to oxygen, ultraviolet light, and chlorine, especially in solution (though its potency may last years if the substance is stored away from light and moisture at low temperature). In pure form it is colorless, odorless, and mildly bitter. LSD is typically delivered orally, usually on a substrate such as absorbent blotter paper, a sugar cube, or gelatin.

Introduced by Sandoz Laboratories as a drug with various psychiatric uses, LSD quickly became a therapeutic agent that appeared to show great promise. However, the extra-medical use of the drug in Western society in the middle years of the twentieth century led to a political firestorm and government insider panic that resulted in the banning of the substance for medical as well as recreational and spiritual uses. Despite this, it is still considered a promising drug in some intellectual circles.

@wikipedia
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2006
kekeke u should have just asked moi........very good thing...........BUT DONT TAKE IT!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2006
Drugs are never good! I had a mate who did way too much acid, and lets just say he's now always about 15 minutes behind everyone else, not good!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2006
EJ your too innocent !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2006
Well I had no choice but to take em . not even morphine could ease my pain......i remeber my terrible days....and gain my confidence from em.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 23, 2006
MaaaD wrote:EJ your too innocent !

Apparently I luv innocent girls..... 8)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

its very tough May 22, 2006
i can say that it does work but it aint easy. like im here in dubai and my gf is in lebanon, and the fact that im an asian and shes lebanese. we have a big cultural differences, but this doesnt stop us from loving each other. we've been together for almost 4 years now, even though we just see each other annually :( but stil our love keeps on growing. we're serious about our relationship and hoping one day we end up together always and forever.
sorry for being corny.
jasonwes
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 22, 2006
Last Stage of Delirium=LSD
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: are long distance relationships worth being in? Jun 10, 2010
ras wrote: i am just wondering whether or not it is appropriate to pursue long distance relationships?...

been there, and the answer is no.
lion81
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: are long distance relationships worth being in? Jul 14, 2010
they only work for pple who have enuf patience and tym to b in touch with the other person involved..cuz sumtymz if u dunt remain in contact the other person may become suspecious and tht leads to misuderstandings..

knight is right ( :D tht rhyms.. )
heavenBoii
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance