Do Arabian Girls Certainly Expect Rich

Topic locked
Do arabian girls certainly expect Rich Aug 11, 2009
I just wonder whether arabian girls except only richness?
other than that what else they expect from guys.

dubaiadmirer
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 11, 2009
Dude, falling for an Arab girl or wishing to?
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2009
begone jinglie
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2009
lets just say..u need a pretty big bank balance...
jorgsom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 07, 2009
I maybe not the most qualified person to speak about this subject, but I would say it depends on her nationality and family background, education how much money or income or both you will need to get her attention.
The plus side, they normally dont question you what you do outside the house.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2009
This is ridiculous lol why would you specify a girl's ethnic background as her desire for a rich man? Go on certain sites and you will see that all the girls who are looking for a rich man are usually eastern european or american lol.

either way, the girls who have lived here for a long time enjoy a certain level of comforts that can only be provided by soemone who has a high salary. I am sure if you go to jordan or egypt or north africa you will find girls who are used to a 'cheaper' way of life (compared to the one we have here in the UAE) and will not expect anything too fancy from you.

no sane girl would give up a life of comfort to go rough it out with a guy who will stay poor his whole life.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2009
Actually not only in dubai everywhere you go any city in the world there is girls who's looking for rich guys and some looking for romance and and ,,, and about the Arabian girls in general specially in this time they did n,t care about rich guys anymore all they want is good husband ....
ABNA
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 13, 2009
arabian ladies usually dont get much of a choice when getting their husband. Its always about their parents and dowrys.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 13, 2009
I dont think so that would be the case
funmantra
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 13, 2009
monymoe wrote:either way, the girls who have lived here for a long time enjoy a certain level of comforts that can only be provided by soemone who has a high salary.

Those girls should get jobs if they want to support their materialistic lifestyles instead of waiting for their sugar daddy.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 14, 2009
G to tha T wrote:
monymoe wrote:either way, the girls who have lived here for a long time enjoy a certain level of comforts that can only be provided by soemone who has a high salary.

Those girls should get jobs if they want to support their materialistic lifestyles instead of waiting for their sugar daddy.

There is nothing wrong with a girl wanting to be treated like a princess if she deserves it and finds someone who is able to do that for her
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009
No there isn't but relying on someone else to provide it for you is shallow and in my book a sig of weakness that you're incapable of dong things for yourself.

Funmantra sadly it is true that many of these girls are pushed into arranged marriages and have little choice.

GT I totally agree with you, if you want something you should earn it! Not only do you get a sense of great satisfaction but it proves you're capable of standin on your own two feet.

None of my female friends have ever relied on a husband/partner to provide for them, they all work damn hard for everything they've got.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No there isn't but relying on someone else to provide it for you is shallow and in my book a sig of weakness that you're incapable of dong things for yourself.

Funmantra sadly it is true that many of these girls are pushed into arranged marriages and have little choice.

GT I totally agree with you, if you want something you should earn it! Not only do you get a sense of great satisfaction but it proves you're capable of standin on your own two feet.

None of my female friends have ever relied on a husband/partner to provide for them, they all work damn hard for everything they've got.

well im glad that we dont live in a world where we do things according to your book now do we? :) And I dont think its anywhere near true to say that 'many' of these girls are forced into arranged marriages, there is no stat nor calculation capable of proving that point, so its a moot point and shouldnt brought up again.

most of the girls that i know - including the non arab, non muslim ones ive met during my 11 year stay in canada - have told me that they'd MUCH rather sit at home and do nothing and get all the fancy things they want rather than bust their as.s for it. does that mean that all girls want to be princesses? of course not, but to quickly call 'the other side' as lazy is not fair either. men throughout history have been the PROVIDERS, and women the CAREGIVERS.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009
No it's not a moot point at all - in this part of the world it's very common!

History my friend has a habit of changing, women these days are much more career minded and life focused than ever before, many more MEN are becoming house husbands, roles are changing.

Those girls you met who want to stay at home and have everything thrown at them in my book, have zero ambition, zero talent and are basically a waste of space. It's a waste of life if you don't experience things for yourself.

We live in the 21st Century not Victorian times. Women are stronger, more productive and can match men at most levels in and outside the work place. Sadly the kind of attitude that you're promoting and advocating puts when back behind what we have fought so long for and your 'friends' are throwing aside and showing disrespect to their sisters who worked and fought hard for what they have.

I'd prefer to work hard for a privilaged life, not have it handed to me on a silver platter.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009
Until you can prove that 'many' (As in, more than 51% of the girls in this region) get married in a forced arranged marriage, then it will remain to be a moot point.

in what part of the world are men becoming house husbands by chocice? Seriously, where are you getting these points from and how in the heck are you backing up your outrageous claims?!!! Yes, women are becoming more career minded but there are more women that realize that they want to play the traditional role instead of being part of the rat race; but im still quite surprised at the blatant statement that "MANY more men are becoming house husbands"; that is absurd to say the least!

those girls are actually very smart, very well educated (some to a Ph.D. level, most are Medical Doctors, a few are lawyers) but way for you to go ahead and insult & generalize a bunch of people you never met! says a lot about you doesnt it?

There is no reason for women to match men! that competition should not even exist in the first place! Women are made to do one thing, men are made to do another! its not a competition, its not a race to see who is better, and its not something that can be changed! what YOU have fought for is one thing, but - thankfully - not all women are believers of the so-called benefits that feminazism brings!

Like i said, men have always been providers, women have always been caregivers; there is absolutly nothing wrong with that system and if you want to be different, all the power to ya! just dont force YOUR way of life down the throats of others who like to stick with how things always were (and always will be).

please take a moment to prove your absurd claims about arranged marriage, and men becoming house husbands by choice.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009
There not outrageous claims, it's fact, from where I come from anyway.

By the sounds of it you don't even live here, so how would you know about arranged marriages - it's common practice in muslim countries, not to mention marrying within families i.e. first cousin marriages.

I don't and won't prove anything to you, for what I have seen first hand.

If certain women choose to be lazy and not to better themselves then that's their choice.

You're clearly one of these chauvinist men who wants women in one place. Well sorry bud times are a changing! We don't actually need men for much these days, you'll all be redundant soon.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009
I dont care where you come from; Ive lived in canada for 11 years and i consider myself an arab canadian; I have seen the way of life in canada and can tell you that what you say is only a half truth. YOUR opinion does not represent that of the general population, so get off your pompous high horse and realize that you should have facts and figures to back up the ridiculous claims you or say nothing at all.

Born and raised here, I know all about arranged marriages and marriages within families. I also know that the girl is asked for her opinion and if she says no, then its a no. There are cases where the girl isnt even asked, or doesnt even care about the whole thing, but to make it seem that arranged marriages is like what u see in those bollywood movies, ur very, very mistaken.

you CANNOT prove anything to me, there is a huge difference between "dont want to" and "cant"; get that through your skull.

You equate a homemaker with being lazy then you call ME a chauvinist? Have you ever seen a real mother hard at work? clearly you havent otherwise you would have more respect for them; but i personally think that someone who works 10 hours a day with 2 days off a week and 30 days vacation a year has it MUCH better than someone who works at 12 hours a day, is on call 24 hours a day, and has no vacation and no time off because they are constantly responsible for creatures that dont know right from wrong, and cant distinguish between what should and shouldnt be done.

hahahha, men will be redundant soon. hahahahaha you say that now, wait till ur the old woman with 3 cats in your house with no kids and no one to talk to then tell me if u dont need men hahah.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
Get a life MM, I've lived around the world so can very well base my opinions on personal experience.

Of course you call yourself and Arab Canadian, pfffff isn't that what all arabs do that go there? You're arab - end of!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 18, 2009
Chocs, u can’t judge people upon their decisions, I mean it’s obvious that a woman who works and lives independent, is strong woman. But it doesn’t mean who chooses to stay home and raise kids are not strong! IMHO housework and raising well behaved children is not an easy job to do! It’s all about which do you prefer, and which is nearer to ur nature.
Some women inherently are mothers, even at work, the thing they are best at is giving care. You can’t just categorize them with zero ambition, zero talent and are basically a waste of space.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 18, 2009
And I totally agree with you. But the kind of people that we're probably talking about, wouldn't raise their own kids or do housework, they'd have maids and nannies!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 03, 2009
Hey, just had a bit of a read about the issue here.. and my self a westner, and a career woman.. however, I had boyfriends both "rich" and "poor" and it's not about either, it's about the charachter of the person, and if he is a man.. and that is rather hard to find in Europe or in the Western world I find, (in my opinion that is).. The world is changing.. but to much the wrong direction, and in many cases in European and Western countries you have to look in the front to verify if the person is in fact a woman or a man! It's to much all ready, women doesn't know how to behave like women anymore, and men doesn't know how to behave like men.. I'm not raised like that.. and hence.. (yes, surely not without problems) why I like arab men more. At least they are men!!! Women have always been strong.. they don't have to prove that.. by loosing their sofness or feminity and turning out their "ladett" side.. and if someone wants to be at "home" it's thier choice.. who are any of us do judge what we do.. but please keep our identity.. that's improtant.. we are women and man.. We are different.. ( just my opionion)
IceQueen
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 03, 2009
monymoe wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:No there isn't but relying on someone else to provide it for you is shallow and in my book a sig of weakness that you're incapable of dong things for yourself.

well im glad that we dont live in a world where we do things according to your book now do we? :) And I dont think its anywhere near true to say that 'many' of these girls are forced into arranged marriages, there is no stat nor calculation capable of proving that point, so its a moot point and shouldnt brought up again.

most of the girls that i know - including the non arab, non muslim ones ive met during my 11 year stay in canada - have told me that they'd MUCH rather sit at home and do nothing and get all the fancy things they want rather than bust their as.s for it. does that mean that all girls want to be princesses? of course not, but to quickly call 'the other side' as lazy is not fair either. men throughout history have been the PROVIDERS, and women the CAREGIVERS.

I read both the posts..
Not trying to judge anyone or simply putting someone's viewpoint down..

I agree the thought that "earning money has become need of the hour" that too in today's time where things are changing even faster than we expect it...

I really hate when such words such as meek,kind, caring words are associated with women...It relates to the timidness and weakness of women...

There will be a time in life a housewife when she won't have any1 by her side ,,not even kids...So why such a care giving attitude...

Had to write more over here,,but I would go emotional so not expressing much on the topic

"And ,who would love to stay at home doing nothing"
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2009
Pretty gal, I think Moms do not give care to receive it back. It’s not some kind of business, Moms do it because it gives them pleasure, It’s some kind of unconditional love, that I think it’s really is a gift in the nature of some women (of course not all of them). So IMHO they do not certainly expect their kids to live by their side to the end of their life. Kids didn’t have the choice to be born… So it’s not fair to expect them to live their life in the way their moms plan for them, moms give care and love to the kids and then all should go to their own path on their own decision…

I am a career woman, I cook once a month and I never do the housework! But I really respect women who decide to raise kids, give love to them and doing the housework, it is really not an easy job to do! I love my mom for the things she has done for us and if someday I wanted to be a mom I want to do it right… I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids. It is just your own decision, and it depends on what do u prefer for your life…

All in all, none of these are better than the other, the important thing is be the best at what you are doing and be happy about it.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

arabian girls Nov 04, 2009
[list=] will arabian girls well why would you like to have arabian girls why not any other nationals. arabic girl would like money rich they born with this thinks they are never practical like japanese europeans. specially if you get a girl from gcc you will face alot of problems trust me. other arabs are partly accepted
as there is no culture gained from arabs so why you should go for arabs.
go for russians persians japanese europeans etc.[/list]
samios
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 04, 2009
melika969 wrote:Pretty gal, I think Moms do not give care to receive it back. It’s not some kind of business, Moms do it because it gives them pleasure, It’s some kind of unconditional love, that I think it’s really is a gift in the nature of some women (of course not all of them). So IMHO they do not certainly expect their kids to live by their side to the end of their life. Kids didn’t have the choice to be born… So it’s not fair to expect them to live their life in the way their moms plan for them, moms give care and love to the kids and then all should go to their own path on their own decision…

I am a career woman, I cook once a month and I never do the housework! But I really respect women who decide to raise kids, give love to them and doing the housework, it is really not an easy job to do! I love my mom for the things she has done for us and if someday I wanted to be a mom I want to do it right… I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids. It is just your I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids.own decision, and it depends on what do u prefer for your life…

All in all, none of these are better than the other, the important thing is be the best at what you are doing and be happy about it.

hi melika..

if u have read my post I had mentioned that I don't mean to put anyones's viewpoint down..
I respect your view,,but at the same time I don't agree to you...
I don't know if you know this there is certain potential,abilities within all human beings which have to be fulfilled...for eg: In my case if I don't work I feel lost,,also I feel worthless at times when I am idle...So in cases like me I have to work anyhow and I don't work for money ,,but to realise my true potential...

Again the last forur lines you have mentioned " But I really respect women who decide to raise kids, give love to them and doing the housework, it is really not an easy job to do! I love my mom for the things she has done for us and if someday I wanted to be a mom I want to do it right… I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids. It is just your own decision, and it depends on what do u prefer for your life…"

Everyone loves their mom,,nobody hates their mom ...

Another thing which u said "I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids" is not true..

There are examples of successful women handling their kids simultaneously, though these women don't work fulltime,, they opt for part time jobs but yet are successful...

i hope no-one takes personally on DF...Its just my view so expressing it here..
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2009
Whats it like here in dubai?, in Qatar local guys are not getting married because the marriage contract is so much money, must provide additional house, jewlery etc. Some have even ended up in jail getting into so much debt to pay for the ceremoney etc!
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 04, 2009
Pretty gal, I agree with you that it depends on the nature of the people. someone like you would be satisfied to work, some other women would be satisfied by raising kids, all I was trying to say that in my opinion you should not get emotional if women names are coming with care givers. I think there is nothing wrong with it, it is as valuable and pretty as working outside the home.

About the thing I said "I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids" well I guess the definition of great successful professional is different for me and you. You know if I wanted to be a great successful professional in my field, I should become a HR manager in well known reputable company, I should have lots of studying and trainings to keep my knowledge updated, I should keep on building a huge useful network.So I don't think one woman has the time to do all this besides taking care of kids and pay lots of attention to them and her family. At last we all have limited abilities and we should accept it. maybe one can do this for couple of years but not forever of course. but being a successful expert in a part time job and a great mom to ur children is possible, I agree with you.

Thank u for sharing ur opinion, all I wanna say is that housework and raising children should not be underestimated, those are hard things if u want to do them right!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 05, 2009
melika969 wrote:Pretty gal, I agree with you that it depends on the nature of the people. someone like you would be satisfied to work, some other women would be satisfied by raising kids, all I was trying to say that in my opinion you should not get emotional if women names are coming with care givers. I think there is nothing wrong with it, it is as valuable and pretty as working outside the home.

About the thing I said "I don’t think it’s possible to be a great successful professional in your field and at the same time be a great mother to your kids" well I guess the definition of great successful professional is different for me and you. You know if I wanted to be a great successful professional in my field, I should become a HR manager in well known reputable company, I should have lots of studying and trainings to keep my knowledge updated, I should keep on building a huge useful network.So I don't think one woman has the time to do all this besides taking care of kids and pay lots of attention to them and her family. At last we all have limited abilities and we should accept it. maybe one can do this for couple of years but not forever of course. but being a successful expert in a part time job and a great mom to ur children is possible, I agree with you.

Thank u for sharing ur opinion, all I wanna say is that housework and raising children should not be underestimated, those are hard things if u want to do them right!

HR manager is that all? Your thinking how women in the west were in the 80's. My companies CEO is a woman and she great.

In todays world often both parents have to work, I know several guys at work who have gone part time with their wives to be house husbands.

There is a big difference between having to hire childcare, nannie etc becuase you work many hours compared to a 'princess' whose too dam lazy and doesn't want it to effect them going to malls, coffee mornings and have hired peopel to do everything.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 05, 2009
HR manager was an exmaple!! what s wrong with you people?!

All I m saying is nothing is wrong with being known as care giver! housework is not an easy job to do!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 05, 2009
Because you make it soun as if the womans place is in the home! That women must sacrifice for their careers for family life. In these days men have an equal responsibility. I've said it before, I know plenty of guys who are happy to play house huband and be stay at home dads and let the wife go out to bring home the bacon as it were.

It's an equal playing field out there these days, just because a woman has the ability to produce kids, doesn't mean she has to give up her career dreams and ambitions.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance