American Girl Marrying Emirati Man HELP !

Topic locked
American girl marrying Emirati man HELP ! Dec 12, 2013
We r both here in the US. His family is in Dubai. We r planning to marry this summer and his family will be coming here to attend our wedding. I was just talking to him about our marriage and he told me I will be keeping my family name. Really !? I didn't know this ! I'm crushed ! I always dreamed of the day I would marry and be given my husband's family name. I'm shocked and sad. Is this really true ?? There's no way arround this ?? I love him so I guess I'll just have to deal with it if it can't be any other way. I need help ladies. I have NO Emirati girl friends and I have no clue what my wedding is supposed to be like. I need some girls to guide me Please !

Americangapeach
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: American Girl Marrying Emirati Man HELP ! Dec 12, 2013
It's always possible to change your name to whatever you want in most of the countries. I don't think you can't take your husband's name wherever you are getting married. A few years ago they even allowed to a Bulgarian to change his name legally to Manchester United. So worst case scenario - you both become Bulgarian citizens and change your name to whatever you want to. :)
JulesWinnfield
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: American Girl Marrying Emirati Man HELP ! Jan 03, 2014
Americangapeach ,did u agree with your groom what traditionts u gonna keep during ur wedding ceremony?

As for family name, I haven't heard that arabian wives don't change their last names. They do change them. I think that this is a private choise of ur boyfriend and his family not to give their family name to u. Talk honestly to him!
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance