Will Regional Unrest Affect The UAE?

Topic locked
Re: Will regional unrest affect the UAE? Mar 14, 2011
The Libyan rebels (who are losing badly :) ) are now blaming the West for not doing enough at stopping the Libyan state in preventing an insurrection they, the rebels, are causing.

This comes after these knuckleheads kidnapped seven British military/intelligence personnel who were there to assess the situation and referred to them as 'intruders' or some pseudo anti-colonialist nonsense.

Let me clearly state where I stand in this conflict:

Go Gaddafi, Go!

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Will Regional Unrest Affect The UAE? Mar 14, 2011
Seem u r just back from Libya...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Will regional unrest affect the UAE? Mar 15, 2011
event horizon wrote:The Libyan rebels (who are losing badly :) ) are now blaming the West for not doing enough at stopping the Libyan state in preventing an insurrection they, the rebels, are causing.

This comes after these knuckleheads kidnapped seven British military/intelligence personnel who were there to assess the situation and referred to them as 'intruders' or some pseudo anti-colonialist nonsense.

Let me clearly state where I stand in this conflict:

Go Gaddafi, Go!

Gosh EH you don't mince words do you. I still the West can't decide whether to enforce a no-fly zone over Libya. It cant have helped when the rebels advertised that they had captured 7 SAS men. That would have gone down like the Sheffield.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Will Regional Unrest Affect The UAE? Mar 15, 2011
UAE sent 500 (police or army ) to Bahrain, so did other gulf countries... so the answer to the thread could be yes soon...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Lets hope the fires dont spread to the uae, however no one in the khaleej is immune to trouble
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

the question now, whats the USA base in Bahrain role...
I have some friends there and some of them already left the country, and I heard companies their are giving passports to their employees today...
In addition Iran stated that the interference of GCC forces in Bahrain isn't welcomed...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Will regional unrest affect the UAE? Mar 15, 2011
Iran are always sticking their noses in, wouldn't surprise me if they had something to do with all of this starting in the first place. I seriously doubt the US will get involved, no need to.

Unconfirmed reports of a Saudi soldier being killed.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Will Regional Unrest Affect The UAE? Mar 18, 2011
It's shocking what happened in Bahrein. This blows all the international trust. This had to be solved in an illuminated manner. A fast resignation (even if it would have been hard to the PM to understand that) and system change could have avoid it all and coudl have keep investments in Bahrain. PM would have entered history in a positive light. That place now can say good bye to Real Estate market. It will all come back to Europe. Already does that. There was enough time and enough exemple to prepare a wiser decision then armed forces involvement. It is a shock.
Kinos
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Will regional unrest affect the UAE? Apr 10, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:Iran are always sticking their noses in, wouldn't surprise me if they had something to do with all of this starting in the first place. I seriously doubt the US will get involved, no need to.

Unconfirmed reports of a Saudi soldier being killed.

yesss, finally someone who understands 8)

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:39 pm --

Bahrain is a tottaly different situation than what happened or is still happening in other arab countries, why do you think Iran jumped in calling the allied gulf forces (the Island's Armor) an attempt of invading Bahrain? and also were asking the united nations to look into matters in bahrain, and not only that, they started accusing the forces (specialy saudi arabia) of massacaring hundreds of "peacfull" protestors whle the truth is that not a single shot was fired on any protestor, simply because the protestors fleed from the scene, and let me add also that the allied forces were under joursdiction (or how ever it is spelled) of the King of Bahrain, they were there simply to restore order and prevent anymore heavy attacks wether foriegn or domestic (which there was more than plenty of). not to mention the tension that took place between Iran and the gulf countries, turkey and even pakistan, now you didnt expect that now did you? Iarn! they like to stick thier noses in other countries buisnesses specialy in bahrain, and yes, Iran has everything to do with what happened in bahrain, it goes way back, and will continue to do so. Iran likes to preach about what it dont practice. they call what happend a violation of human rights? what about the rights of the people who lived under the terror of the so called "peacefull" protestors. you dont march aginst the police and security forces and start to run them over with cars and expect to be treated nicely, you dont raid into unversities and schools and attack students and then cry about your human rights, you dont turn a hospital into terror and torchers chambers, and why start to attack the foriegn workers? i dont know. oh and whoever pushed these guys into doing what they did left the country with thier families. to Iran ofcourse. i was just realy pissed off by what the media didnt show, all what they showed was force being used against "peacefull" protests.
the King's disicion by the calling of the summoning of the allied forces restored order, saved lives, saved the country, and by god saved the whole region.

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:44 pm --

and by the way, them protesting party or whatever, are, and i qoute, living better than the other 30% in bahrain, and control most goverment installations, exept the ministery of interior, and the armed forces. hmmmmmmmmm i wonder why :roll:
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk