Where Is USA Headed?

Topic locked
Where is USA headed? Sep 24, 2008
Damn.... the last week has been a bloody one!!! Wall Street in a mess..... financial institutions falling like a pack of cards.

Don't forget this will have a domino effect across other areas..... very quickly.

The chinese have taken over the manufacturing.... the indians have got everything outsourced... the dollar is heading south....

so where is this great country headed???????

Lets play Nostradamus and make some predictions for the year 2050 :-)

DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2008
Make a well known phrase or expression out of the following words:

A, Creek, Up, Paddle, Without, The....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 25, 2008
Up the creek without a paddle!!!!!

Down the stream! Hahaha :)

Read my post under Politics entitled Free Trade :)
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2008
I didn't seriously expect anyone to actually try and work that out...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 25, 2008
By 2050, USA will be another province of China with its administrative headquarters located in Schenzen.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 25, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:I didn't seriously expect anyone to actually try and work that out...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

...just a result of a night without sleep :lol:

Atleast I had some remote entertainment! :lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 26, 2008
sa4877 wrote:By 2050, USA will be another province of China with its administrative headquarters located in Schenzen.

O God not China. I don't like Chinese food. India is okay. I like Indian food and clothing. What about Russia? I make an excellent borscht. By 2050 maybe the USA will just be another UK. :lol:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2008
Living in the US is a total night mare these days especially if you were a Real Estate/Mortgage Mogul....its like the cold play song " I used to rule the world...and now I sweep the streets I used to own " :( only people satisfied in the US is the 1% of WHITE RICH REPUBLICANS who abuse the bible to get ahead in the viscious schemes :( I CANT WAIT to move out ot Dubai
CaliGirl1986
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 26, 2008
It will be a part of India in the next 10 years.

Its the 'CS Principle' of invasion...like they did in the UK!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 26, 2008
I thought the dollar was strengthening aginst the £?

Anywhere is better than the UK right now, trust me.

In 2050 English will be a second language in the UK. The government will be run a multitude of Quango's. I will be nearly eighty and probably retired in Singapore.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 27, 2008
seardarren wrote:I thought the dollar was strengthening aginst the £?

Anywhere is better than the UK right now, trust me.

In 2050 English will be a second language in the UK. The government will be run a multitude of Quango's. I will be nearly eighty and probably retired in Singapore.

Hard to tell if its the dollar getting stronger or the pound getting weaker. Both economies are screwed because of minimum wages, overburdening tax and political ineptitude.

In 2050, I shall be living in a cryogenic hypersleep unit on my way to Alpha Centauri.

Allegedly.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 28, 2008
Wow I have a good chance of still being alive and kicking. Longevity runs in the family.

I'd like to be in Italy, Chile, Uruguay, maybe Quebec (the cold is iffy). Of maybe some of the USA states will have seceded. I could live in the Republic of Vermont or Republic of Minnesota. :lol:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 28, 2008
puppypup wrote:Wow I have a good chance of still being alive and kicking. Longevity runs in the family.

I'd like to be in Italy, Chile, Uruguay, maybe Quebec (the cold is iffy). Of maybe some of the USA states will have seceded. I could live in the Republic of Vermont or Republic of Minnesota. :lol:

With you on Italy (some bits) Uruguay (a bit flat)

But Chile...That is one of the greatest countries in the world! Have been many times and love it!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 28, 2008
^Well now there should be a lot of available singles in Chile since divorce was legalized like what? Last year? I read there were long lines when the announcement was made.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 29, 2008
puppypup wrote:^Well now there should be a lot of available singles in Chile since divorce was legalized like what? Last year? I read there were long lines when the announcement was made.

I was first in the queue!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 30, 2008
after the breaking news today re the decision against the $700 billion, its fair to say that the states is shafted, and the Gulf will be the new superpower, 2050 seems possible, but maybe even sooner!
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 30, 2008
^Is voting against the better of the two evils?

I better start learning gardening, canning, jarring, and drying as I stock up on nuts, beans and raisins for my future meals.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 30, 2008
puppypup wrote:^Is voting against the better of the two evils?

I better start learning gardening, canning, jarring, and drying as I stock up on nuts, beans and raisins for my future meals.

If you are planning on eating all that...I am not sharing a bunker with you!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 02, 2008
onthepalm wrote:after the breaking news today re the decision against the $700 billion, its fair to say that the states is shafted, and the Gulf will be the new superpower, 2050 seems possible, but maybe even sooner!

Hence the reason my hubby ( a CEO from Lehman) and I are moving to the UAE . lol j/k ! We actually are sickened to see such a wonderful, beautiful country go to hell because the goverment is always saving the life of a top heavy investment firm or a family of 10 who made it from tijuana to southern cali and now needs food and insurance. The government sat and watched as these fairy tale mortgages were improvising the " american dream" of property ownership and now the only ones who profited were those with 11 million dollar bonuses for 3 weeks work are compensated. We actually voted today via absentee ballot and it was funny driving back home. We washed our hands of the US and look forward to getting out and creating a much better future for our children and grandchildren and so on.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 02, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
puppypup wrote:^Is voting against the better of the two evils?

If you are planning on eating all that...I am not sharing a bunker with you!

Knight

Better sharing a bunker than my bed. :shock: :shock: :shock:

@Melanie I feel ya. I'm fed up with Amerika.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 03, 2008
I'm scared. :cry:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 03, 2008
The Senate voted 74-25 Wednesday evening, setting the stage for a new run Friday at winning House approval of a federal intervention in the economy unseen since the Great Depression.The plan now includes increased insurance for individual bank depositors and it has grown more costly, with more than $100 billion added in tax relief to make it more palatable to opponents.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Oct 04, 2008
What are your feelings on the bailout aka rescue plan? :roll:
I'm not very political nor an economist so puppypup is kinda full retard here.

Nevertheless I thought most Americans were against it. Whether it is better or not to have the plan it seems like the government was going to have it's way no matter what the people thought. If the people are wrong but it's what they wanted then it's seems like the fairer solution rather than the government parenting us on what's best even if they are right. This is my gripe and what troubles me. Opinions?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 04, 2008
It's interesting which Americans are against the bailout plan?
Those that can't return their debt to the banks?
Dad
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 04, 2008
^There are Americans who have no or minimal debt who are against the bailout. There are American with tons of debt who are for it.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 09, 2008
The only question my husband and I have about the goverment coming in and bailing out is this. What will it do for the value of our home and others currently on the market ? Will it bring down values in order to place appraisals on homes fixed for the goverment to lower the loan balance ? We want to make sure this bail out does't affect OUR equity in our homes we own. We have the home we live in plus 2 other homes we currrently rent out and it would be so unfair for those properties which are paid off to be worth much less because the goverment chooses to place a lower value on homes in those same areas that became foreclosures.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2008
I think less impact will be on the UAE than other countries with thriving financial system.
nelsonwung
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 11, 2008
maybe,....it may just be a good thing.

people have been living beyond their means, with a credit card on their heads and this cannot go on like this anymore, it has to be stopped.

the playing fields are now level. stockmarkets operate with fictitious digital figures and now this whole poker games is now busted.
britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 11, 2008
Yup, the fat cats have been playing the field for too long. Its not real money and now they are going to have to pay the price of their greed.

Unfortunately, the shock wave will eventually reach down the social scale to us worker bees...who will have to work harder for our honey.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 12, 2008
Breaking News:

Bush reassured investors that he and himself will solve the financial crisis gripping world economies. He has found the "Smoking Gun". "Mission Accomplished" WoW.
britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk