Weapons Of Mass Destruction And Nuclear Weapons Program

Topic locked
Weapons of Mass Destruction and Nuclear Weapons Program Mar 05, 2008
Weapons of Mass Destruction and Nuclear Bomb have been in the news lately. WMD because of Iraq and Nuclear Power in Iran.

What about the nuclear bombs owned by USA? or by the Brits? or USSR? or Isreal or even China? even the pakis and Indians have it so y cant the iranians have their own?

Is it justified that one country can have nuclear war heads in their arsenal and force others not to have it by applying sanctions on the other country? example USA and Iran where USA has god knows how many nuclear war heads in their arsneal.

what do you think? is it ok for USA to pressurise Iran not to have a Nuclear Weapons program when USA and its allies already does have.

oh I dont want to hear that Iran is evil so they cant have it :D if they are evil go to Iran and even in Middle East they will say USA is evil and they have nuclear weapon yet no one is applying sanctions on USA.

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2008
Because Rudeboy, Iran is evil (sorry couldn´t resist :wink: )
But seriously, truth is I donot know. Have been thinking about this, but I have no clear answer yet. If I was Iran I think I would do the same. They are surrounded by US/NATO troops threatening them. To defend myself, I would also look at all possibilities. On the other hand Iran is openly promising to wipe out a whole country (Israel). Like I started I donot know...just some considerations...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2008
if iran is openly promising to wipe out israel how can we all forget the bombing of Japan during the world war 2? i know the situation was different and the story was different but didnt the usa launch 2 nuclear bombs on the Japan ppl? killing god knows how many innocent japanese ppl who probably didnt even have anything to do with the war? so y did those ppl suffer?

and tommorow if israel decides to launch a nuclear bomb on its neighour lets say lebanon what will happen to lebanese ppl? when probably some of them didnt even support the "islamic terroists" in lebanon.

i quote "In 1957, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was established under the mandate of the United Nations in order to encourage the development of the peaceful applications of nuclear technology, provide international safeguards against its misuse, and facilitate the application of safety measures in its use". its a bit ironic that more then 1 of its member has nuclear warheads in its arsenal and yet it is pressurizing other countries not to persue the nuclear weapons program. hmmm and then you wonder y there is so much hatred towards USA and the west.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2008
hmmm ebonics you dont have anything to say about this?? I am suprised that not many ppl have got lots to say about this topic.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2008
To summarize it's because they 'run tings' rightly or wrongly it's the nature of a superpower - they dictate global terms and policies.

I am quite sure two thousand years ago when Rome was building military bases all around Europe the same questions were asked.

The way things are looking we will be asking why we need to read the thoughts of chairman mao every morning followed by some communal exercise in the local village square :)

Man is flawed - Animal instincts with opposable thumbs.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Mar 08, 2008
so dont u think that we can only get peace on earth if USA and its allies decide to remove nuclear warhead from its arsenal?

once USA removes its nuclear warhead then maybe it makes sense when it is pressurizing Iran not to follow nuclear program and then maybe the world might be a safer place to live in.

USA ought to lead by example by removing nuclear warhead and technology from its HUGE arsenal, thats what I think.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
If the USA and all the worlds nukes disappeared off the face of the earth there will still be War - there will always be War. This won't change until every single human undergoes a fundamental change within themselves.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Mar 08, 2008
jabbajabba wrote:If the USA and all the worlds nukes disappeared off the face of the earth there will still be War - there will always be War. This won't change until every single human undergoes a fundamental change within themselves.

true i agree with you but with nuclear war head removed we wont have another country bombing another one where the casualties will be over 100,000 ppl in a single day. example hiroshima.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
rudeboy wrote:true i agree with you but with nuclear war head removed we wont have another country bombing another one where the casualties will be over 100,000 ppl in a single day. example hiroshima.

I agree to mate - I think it's totally nuts that we have them on the earth.

At the present I am more concered about India and Pakistan pointing them at one another then I am with the US or Brit or any future nukes in Iran. But more then anyone that worries me is Israel.

But they are all bad at the end of the day - get rid of em and good riddance.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Mar 08, 2008
jabbajabba wrote:
rudeboy wrote:true i agree with you but with nuclear war head removed we wont have another country bombing another one where the casualties will be over 100,000 ppl in a single day. example hiroshima.

I agree to mate - I think it's totally nuts that we have them on the earth.

At the present I am more concered about India and Pakistan pointing them at one another then I am with the US or Brit or any future nukes in Iran. But more then anyone that worries me is Israel.

But they are all bad at the end of the day - get rid of em and good riddance.

thats just it. if india decides to launch nuclear war head tommorow it doesnt know that 50% percent of its own ppl will die cos pakistan is basically next to india lol and the same with pakistan. and i guess thats y they havent done it so far because they all know that if they do launch a bomb they will be killing themselves lol.

Israel hmmm i dont know how far their bombs can travel so dont know whether they are worth all the trouble. even if Iran has nuclear bomb does it have the capacity of travelling all the way from Iran to Israel??
Does Iran know that if it bombs Israel that it will be killing palestinians aswell????

What really worrys me is USA. Y? tommorow what if we have another september 11? what if some nutty president decides to wipe out Israel and blame it on Al Qaeda or something and in retaliation USA decides to bomb all the muslim countries and Pakistan, Libya, UAE and KSA decide to nuke USA allies, we will have the end of world on our hand. I know i m using my imagination too much. But did anyone imagine september 11??

I know it wont happen tommorow but what after 5 or 10 years?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk