The Burka Should Not Be Banned

Topic locked
the burka should not be banned Jul 22, 2012
The burka should not be banned, if both se x es are equal make them all wear it

crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: The Burka Should Not Be Banned Jul 22, 2012
I would still ban covering one's face, but I agree with the rest. If the women have to be draped in black cloth, so the should the men. That visible mark of religious/cultural piety should apply for both males and females, not just females.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: The Burka Should Not Be Banned Jul 23, 2012
Actually in islam if partners are sincere believers they are meant to be compatible in life styles, and yes they should both veil themselves, so in this sense I agree with you kanelli that a man should not wear shorts and sleeveless tops when his wife is walking along, in full body veil..

The arabs are good example to this, Arab men cover from top till bottom in their dishdasha, similar to their females.. Elsewhere in the world sincere partners do the same..

But why is it that in the secular system, in all the tv shows, oscar and gala nights etc. it is always the females that reveal their body parts while the males dress to almost full veil? I think if ladies are proud to show their cleavage, upper backs, legs and arms in gala nights, so should the men, don't you think? Infact I think If ladies can wear trousers in daily life, male should also be able to wear skirts any time they like:)))) Arab men do this in the form of long dress:)))
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: The Burka Should Not Be Banned Jul 23, 2012
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: The Burka Should Not Be Banned Jul 24, 2012
Berrin, I also think it is tasteless for women to wear dresses that show far too much skin, but it isn't unexpected for actresses who want to stand out and be remembered amongst a large group of other beautiful people.

The thing that Muslim countries and non-Muslim countries have in common is their fixation on women as se.x objects. One group tries to cover their women up, the other tries to get them to wear as little as possible. The end result is the same - both groups of women are harassed and se.xually assaulted by a small population of disordered men, and the "virtousness" of a woman cannot be determined by how much or how little clothing she is wearing but by her own behaviour. So it seems to me that women are damned if they cover, damned if they don't - men will simply view women as se.x objects. Period.

--- Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 pm ---

Here is some burka controversy in Canada - http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/24/bu ... n-anywhere

--- Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 am ---

Interesting link to that blog Nucleus. She writes, "Not every woman looks like Claudia Shiffer, so Islamic dress code makes women more equal and decreases envy and jealousy." http://blueabaya.blogspot.ca/2010/06/wo ... ht-to.html yet has another blog post about women being envious or jealous of her good-looking husband. :) http://blueabaya.blogspot.ca/2010/09/pl ... ve-my.html I guess women will always find something to get envious or jealous over? That last blog post also highlights that veiled women can apparently stare at, stalk, giggle, and make suggestive comments to men in public. Perhaps men in Saudi need to wear a black tent and veil too to avoid harassment by women?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk