Terrorist Criminal Attack On Glasgow/UK

Topic locked
Terrorist criminal attack on Glasgow/UK Jul 03, 2007
A baggage handler who helped to foil Saturday's terrorist attack on Glasgow airport has become an internet star, with a tribute website set-up in his honour describing him as a Scottish hero in the mould of William Wallace.

BAA worker John Smeaton told reporters how he had helped a police officer to restrain the suspects after a burning Jeep Cherokee, which was doused in petrol and packed with gas cylinders, crashed through the window of the departures lounge on Saturday.

In a series of television interviews with the BBC, ITV and CNN broadcast around the world, and viewed thousands of times since they were posted on YouTube, Mr Smeaton described how his first thought on being confronted by the two suspects in the burning vehicle was: "What's the score? I've got to get this sorted."

Spotting a terrorist suspect grappling with police, Mr Smeaton thought: “You’re nae hitting the Polis mate, there’s nae chance.”

He told interviewers: "There was a guy in flames. You just don't expect to see that on a day at work, especially at Glasgow Airport.

"So I ran straight towards the guy, we're all trying to get a kick-in at him, take a boot to subdue the guy."

Mr Smeaton, from Erskine, in Renfrewshire, physically fought with the attacker until he was brought to the ground.

of course, he's scottish, not some londonistan-dwelling feather.

Wanna buy "his" right boot?

ebay.co.uk . . .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-Doc-Marten-boot ... dZViewItem

johnsmeaton.com

nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 04, 2007
Glaswegians are not an easy people to intimidate, they are a hardened bunch who can take a knock get right back up.

The main thing I am glad about is that there has been no backlash against the Muslim communities in Glasgow who are good hard working honest people - from what I have read the general opinion has been 'we all Scottish, and we are all in this together'.

The man of the moment himself;

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk