Sport And Politics

Topic locked
Sport and Politics Dec 04, 2012
Several prominent Premier League footballers are lobbying UEFA to ban Israel from hosting the U21 championships.

Disgraceful. Most of them can't string a sentence together, never mind get involved in politics!

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stewart ... ter%20City

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Sport And Politics. Dec 04, 2012
It should be held in a non-apartheid nation where citizens aren't required to be of one religion; any citizen, regardless of religion, can enter politics; freedom of movement without restrictions based on religion; freely speak any language they desire; convert and evangelize any religion they wish to choose; and enjoy full religious and ethnic rights as anyone else in their nation.

So in the Middle East and North Africa, all but Lebanon and Israel are left.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Sport and Politics. Dec 04, 2012
Sports and music are AFAIK the two things that can unite all peoples. Politics should stay out.
Looking forward BTW to the U21 championship this summer :-) .

Unfortunately I woke up with the news this morning that a linesman referee in amateur Dutch football died because Soufyan and Rheza didnot agree with his offside decision and kicked his head in with their football shoes. Very sad.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

I heard that shocking story this morning FD. Of course it didn't say much about the murderers, only that they were aged about 16.

What is the world coming to when your son/brother/dad goes out to referee a football match and is killed for his efforts?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:I heard that shocking story this morning FD. Of course it didn't say much about the murderers, only that they were aged about 16.

16! I repeat this age to underline the madness.
As a central defender I was never a saint on the pitch, far from it. But I always spoke to the ref with only two words "yes, sir", and made sure the mates did the same.
I checked forums.marokko.nl, what they had to say about this incident. They are from another world I say.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk