Obama Vs Netanyahoo

Topic locked
Obama vs Netanyahoo May 21, 2011
Its the first time that I've seem a US president take a stance against Israeli policy.
What will be the outcome?
1. Will it go down as a history changing moment?
2. Will it be the end of Obama as president?
3. Will Obama back down and nothing come of it?
Strange days indeed.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Obama Vs Netanyahoo May 21, 2011
he might be called anti-semitic....
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:he might be called anti-semitic....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe that's the start of the negotiating point? Obama says go back to 1967, Netti no, it's 2011. Somewhere in the middle maybe??

Good for Obama to take a stand. Of course he isn't going to be popular amongst the Jews who want it all, but hey, can't please the masses can you?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Obama vs Netanyahoo May 21, 2011
benwj wrote:Its the first time that I've seem a US president take a stance against Israeli policy.
Strange days indeed.

Are you refering to his speech? Everyhting he suggested has been offered several times by Israel to Pali's, who refused it.

map.gif
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

There are some fellow Americans that think he's Muslim - so this stance isn't going to shock them. :shock:

Guru Bob's take on it is:
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/05/robert ... a-mooslim/

Kudos to Obama for just stating that Israel should effectively respect international law (and common decency) and not want to hold to land they've been trying to steal since they militarily won and occupied it in 1967. Fancy arguments about why a person should continue to hold on to property that does not belong to them, doesn't change the fact this is called stealing.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote: Fancy arguments about why a person should continue to hold on to property that does not belong to them, doesn't change the fact this is called stealing.

The disputed terrotories donot belong to anybody.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

The establishment of a sovereign Palestinian state is today a necessity, just as Zionism was a necessity. And about half of Israeli society apparently agrees with Western public opinion and Western governments on the principle that Palestinian Arabs have the same right to independence and sovereignty as do Israeli Jews.
Under the guise of security considerations and the war on terror hides the real, ideological reason: In the right's view, recognizing the equal national rights of the Palestinians means forgoing exclusive Jewish ownership of the Land of Israel. From the point of view of members of the Israeli rejectionist front, recognizing the equality of Jewish and Arab rights on both sides of the Green Line is tantamount to betraying Jewish history.

But since the number of people who are still prepared to buy an argument of this kind is diminishing worldwide, Israel is on a collision course with all our allies and supporters. And at the end of this road, it is liable to become a pariah state.

by Zeev Sternhell of Haaretz

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/op ... e-1.362923

I agree with him. Obama's stance is in line with international law, natural justice and what the majority of the world believes. The side wishing to steal land is one that has its roots in ideology and, interestingly, does not represent the whole Israeli population.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Flying Dutchman wrote:
benwj wrote:Its the first time that I've seem a US president take a stance against Israeli policy.
Strange days indeed.

Are you refering to his speech? Everyhting he suggested has been offered several times by Israel to Pali's, who refused it.

map.gif

That’s rich FD, a cartoon flaming the only country that has stood between the imminent annihilation of Israel for the past 50 years.
Yes, the little puppy that they fed and looked after has grown to be a big bad arse problem dog.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Yahoo is obviously not very happy about it and released more of the same BS rethoric in response. We cannot go back to the 1967 indefensible borders ! Were pretty defendable before 1967 !

Its clear that Israel does not want peace, evident from the last time when the US was dangling billions in front of it, just so they could stop building more settlements for three months and everbody could sit down and talk peace.

Anyway what most probably will happen is organisations like AIPAC will dry up funding for Obama's re election campaign and then he will have to go on another butt kissing tour. Hopefully something will be achieved from or before this.

More and more it seems like the ordinary American is getting fed up with Israel. Europe is almost there. While is South America Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay have/willing to recognize a Palestenian state. So the tide is slowly but surely turning.

Specially when more and more of these types of atrocities come to light

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-d ... e-1.335354
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

We aren't getting sick of the Isrealis munchkin. We will never turn our backs on the great state of Isreal.
What we are getting sick of is all you Muslims trying to take over the world.
Bethsmum

what comes around goes around....
have been reading some history recently, Europe in few hundreds year back, ME, Asia...

can just say WOW.... when looking on today's world I just give another WOW....
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:We cannot go back to the 1967 indefensible borders !

This is what every Israeli leader said/says since 1967, not only Bibi.

desertdudeshj wrote:Its clear that Israel does not want peace

Everybody wants peace, on its own terms.

desertdudeshj wrote:evident from the last time when the US was dangling billions in front of it, just so they could stop building more settlements for three months and everbody could sit down and talk peace.

For almost 9 months Israel did not built, while Pali's continued building. For almost that same time Pali's refused to talk. Only at the least moment they joined.

desertdudeshj wrote:Specially when more and more of these types of atrocities come to light

The majority of Gazans are better off that the majority of Sharjah residents. I really do not understand in the first place why Israel should support an enemy entity. Egypt could do that.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

LOL ! Better off than Shj residents ! You do have a sense of humour hidden in their somewhere :D

Unless ofcourse you were being serious :shock: :?

Maybe you didn't read the wikileaks link about the Israeli blockade. Keeping a place under blockade just enough that it does not turn into a cess pool of death is great living conditions according to you ? Maybe you should move there then eh ?

*cue some random pictures of a decent city and claims of every house having a swimming pool etc etc.

-- Sat May 21, 2011 4:09 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:We aren't getting sick of the Isrealis munchkin. We will never turn our backs on the great state of Isreal.
What we are getting sick of is all you Muslims trying to take over the world.

Ofcourse nothing of substance can be expected from the resident windbag. Been told in the past that any discussion of any substance is not your forte, stick to what your fluff and guff.

Like the saying goes its better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Keeping a place under blockade just enough that it does not turn into a cess pool of death is great living conditions according to you ?

I never said its great.

desertdudeshj wrote:Maybe you should move there then eh ?

And be killed? No thanks. Why dont you compare main street Gaza City with main street in one of the Sharjah labour camps?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Actually Shj doesn't have many labour camps, unlike Dubai. Let me get a bit pedantic here, you said majority of the residents of Shj and WHY should I compare the labour camps of UAE to Gazza. Gazza is city illegaly occupied by a military force under illeagal blockade not a problem of scrouplous construction company employees being mistreated with labour law issues. Apples and oranges my friend .

Some back peddling and smoke and mirrors on your side, but its alright we are all use to it by now.

Anyways will be intresting to see what Yahoo has to say on his visit to Washington. I'me betting more rethoric and BS. Like if Israel lays down its arms it will be pushed into the sea !
desertdudeshj

Re: Obama vs Netanyahoo May 22, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Ofcourse nothing of substance can be expected from the resident windbag. Been told in the past that any discussion of any substance is not your forte, stick to what your fluff and guff.

Like the saying goes its better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

LOL There speaks the Muslim man who states on an internet forum that he is illegally shacked up with some Filipino wench in Dubai, gives his location as Discovery Gardens and his vehicle registration number! Why, all we need is his inside leg measurement and the picture would be complete!

Say again munchkin? I didn't hear you! Who is the fool?
Bethsmum

Re: Obama Vs Netanyahoo May 22, 2011
Like I said, inteligent discussion in not your forte. Stick to the fluff.
desertdudeshj

Re: Obama vs Netanyahoo May 24, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Ofcourse nothing of substance can be expected from the resident windbag. Been told in the past that any discussion of any substance is not your forte, stick to what your fluff and guff.

LOL There speaks the Muslim man who states on an internet forum that he is illegally shacked up with some Filipino wench in Dubai, gives his location as Discovery Gardens and his vehicle registration number! Why, all we need is his inside leg measurement and the picture would be complete!

Say again munchkin? I didn't hear you! Who is the fool?

BM, You just said a few posts up that you are sick of Muslims trying to rule the world, completely forgetting about British history. You are ignorant and biased and definitely a windbag. Going back to this personal info stuff of DDS is petty and unethical. Shut the hell up already!

Back to the topic of this thread... I'm glad that Obama is making a stand. Let's see what happens next!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk