Hateful Hype Vs Reasoned Discussion

Topic locked
Hateful hype vs Reasoned discussion Nov 17, 2012
It is a real shame that almost all the posts here are anti-Muslim hype-and-hate posts now.

I was disappointed and ashamed this morning to see the reaction to a post by Andyba about the killing of an 11 month Omar Mishrawi (whose father works for the BBC) was not one of condemnation of the killing of a baby, but rather a 'what aboutery' argument about how it is somehow not the fault of the Israelis that Palestinian civilians are dying.

Once again, we see that the pro-Israel and anti-Muslim side make excuses for the killing of civilians, whilst normal people condemn all acts of killing of civilians - especially children.

ETA:
This is a very good piece on the attacks in Gaza - facts not hype:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ssinations

and this piece is spot on, when it describes the Islamphobic reaction to the killings:
http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/11/predic ... ered-gaza/

The hatred on this forum is so intense that I am sure we'll see projections of the hatred onto others and misquotes/selective quotes from other posters to show that others share their hatred. This is 'what aboutery' - and along with the blind, visceral hatred is all that this forum seems to be about now.

Sad and pathetic. No wonder there are so few posts that aren't 'hype-and-hate' nowadays.

I hope when I visit next time the level of hatred will be lower. I somehow doubt it though. Shame that.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Hateful Hype Vs Reasoned Discussion Nov 17, 2012
I couldnt agree with you more, I tend to come here every once in a while and I noticed that its full of anti islamic posts from random europians. although some posts are really subjective and can be prolonged because of the variation in opinions , yet some posters cant hide thier bias approaches or hatred to the muslim world.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:I couldnt agree with you more, I tend to come here every once in a while and I noticed that its full of anti islamic posts from random europians. although some posts are really subjective and can be prolonged because of the variation in opinions , yet some posters cant hide thier bias approaches or hatred to the muslim world.

I see the posts as anti crime not anti Muslim.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Come on this world is full of criminals.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Hateful Hype Vs Reasoned Discussion Nov 18, 2012
Well look who decided to post :roll: I won't sad 'decided to turn up' as you have been looking at this forum regularly over the past weeks Shafique. You have been biding your time, I expect, until you can regurgitate that old chestnut that everyone is a hater that doesn't share the same opinion as you. That's wearing a bit thin now.
As for there not being many posters, well quality wins over quantity in my book.
You and your ilk aren't missed. This forum has been a nicer place to visit since you all went off in the huff.

--- Nov 18, 2012 ---

And as an after thought. Who can blame the Israelis for getting sick and tired of having rockets fired at their people? Innocent civilians living with constant fear. It's disgraceful.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Shafique Wrote : It is a real shame that almost all the posts here are anti-Muslim hype-and-hate posts now.

zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

All? It appears that if someone writes what you don't agree with, they are labelled haters. It's no wonder you can't get on with others.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk