Al Gore Blaming Hurricane Sandy On Global Warming

Topic locked
Al Gore blaming Hurricane Sandy on Global Warming Nov 02, 2012
Al Gore says Hurricane Sandy was caused by global warming. Apparently Sandy was the first hurricane to hit the upper Eastern seaboard since European discovery of the New World. Do you think humans are causing global warming or is Al Gore just full of hot air?

Anyway, Gore has been criticized for his comments linking Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy to Global Warming:

He [Gore] doesn't know what he's talking about, And, ever since he shot his mouth off about Katrina, we've seen total global tropical activity go to record low levels. Just because something happens in your backyard two years in a row, it has nothing to do with the total picture.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmo ... atement-hu

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Al Gore blaming Hurricane Sandy on Global Warming Nov 02, 2012
rayznack wrote:Al Gore says Hurricane Sandy was caused by global warming.

He is getting desperate it seems.

Do you think humans are causing global warming or is Al Gore just full of hot air?

I think it still has to be proven that there is global warming in the first place. And no, common sense tells me humans cannot influence the global climate.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Al Gore Blaming Hurricane Sandy On Global Warming Nov 04, 2012
One issue global warming deniers haven't convinced me of is the issue of CO2 being a greenhouse gas. Most (if any) don't address why increasing CO2 concentration in the atmosphere wouldn't result in some increase in temperature.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk