Gaza War Nr. X

Topic locked
Gaza war nr. x Nov 15, 2012
It always amazes me (well not really anymore), that the situation in and near Gaza only becomes news when Israel starts to shoot back. Rockets from Gaza on Israeli cities, civilians and schools are barely news. Like in the Golan, Israel again showed strong restraint the last couple of months (compare that to Turkeys reaction for example to Syrian shelling).
I guess everybody has seen the vid where Jabri was kiled. Amazingly stupid of this dude to drive around in a shiny car. I will not shed one tear for his death, actually I will sleep a little bit better. :-)
Good luck to the IDF with protecting Israeli civilians!

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 15, 2012
Yes, good luck indeed. I always had a lot of time for the IDF. Their fight against terrorism should be commended.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Gaza war nr. x Nov 15, 2012
There are smart and bad ways to go about killing terrorists.

The last two major conflicts Israel engaged in were heavy handed uses of military firepower that could have been dealt with by other means. I prefer the Israel that avenged the Munich massacre by assassinating the terrorists one-by-one, as opposed to bombing neighborhoods with 500 lb bombs.

I don't care for the lives of Hamas terrorists but bombing Hamas terrorists in non-combat situations in densely packed cities is something that doesn't give Israel the moral high ground.

Unfortunately, a lot of Israel supporters in recent years have circled their wagons and won't listen to other views, thinking they're by anti-Israel nut-jobs.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

rayznack wrote:I don't care for the lives of Hamas terrorists but bombing Hamas terrorists in non-combat situations in densely packed cities is something that doesn't give Israel the moral high ground.

The pinpoint killing of Israel of Hamas terrorist results in almost no civilian death. I donot see much difference between a pinpoint bomb taking a terrorist out and sending in a unit shooting the terrorist. Numbers suggest that the ratio of combattant/civilian casualties in urban warfare is one of the lowest in Gaza, meaning civilian casualties are minimized compared to other urban warfares in the world. When possible, Israel does take care of minimizing civilian casualties.
Taking out rocket installation in Gaza results in more civilian casualties.
What is much damaging for Israel were those few idiots from the last war wearing T-shirts with cross-hairs on pregnant Muslim women for example.
During the last war and this war Israel still has his gloves on. It is my estimate that the red lines for Israel are rockets on Tel-Aviv, Dimona or Ben Gurion International Airport. When those red lines are crossed Israel will take its gloves off.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

The pinpoint killing of Israel of Hamas terrorist results in almost no civilian death. I donot see much difference between a pinpoint bomb taking a terrorist out and sending in a unit shooting the terrorist.

No argument there. I saw video of the airstrike and picture of aftermath and believe the attack to be exactly what you say it is.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 15, 2012
Well, sirens went of in TA about an hour ago. This Gaza war will be heavier and more extensive than the previous one.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 16, 2012
FlyingDutchman wrote:The pinpoint killing of Israel of Hamas terrorist results in almost no civilian death.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/mi ... ke-ask-why
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 16, 2012
Did anybody did a fact check? I guess not. More Gazan children died the last weeks due to Hamas rockets and not by Israel. Blind hatred ussualy gets in the way of fact checking.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 17, 2012
FlyingDutchman , before the rockets started Israel had already started its operation check last weeks news by the way 99.99% of the rockets dont reach its target the ones that reach miss their target
bigboss
Dubai Forums Member

bigboss wrote:FlyingDutchman , before the rockets started Israel had already started its operation ¨-quote*

Rockets have been fired since months by Hamas on Israel. Like I said before, it only becomes news when Israel starts to defend itself.

check last weeks news by the way 99.99% of the rockets dont reach its target the ones that reach miss their target

That could well be. The targets Hamas is aiming at are civilian populations, schools and so on. So its a good thing. Complements to Iron Dome and the IDF.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

bigboss wrote:FlyingDutchman , before the rockets started Israel had already started its operation check last weeks news by the way 99.99% of the rockets dont reach its target the ones that reach miss their target

Are you saying that by being rubbish shots, no one should worry about their rockets?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 21, 2012
Andyba wrote:
FlyingDutchman wrote:The pinpoint killing of Israel of Hamas terrorist results in almost no civilian death.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/mi ... ke-ask-why

Analysis showed, this child died more than likely because of a rogue Qassam rocket. The damage was consistent with that of a Qassam. You stand corrected Andy.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 22, 2012
FlyingDutchman ,look at this you man without a heart

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-575 ... gaza-city/
bigboss
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Gaza War Nr. X Nov 22, 2012
My heart is with those seeking peace, not with terrorists. And I kindly request to stay away from personal attacks. Bullying with intimidating, harassing and physical threats is not a very attracktive character trait.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk